Viewer Comments: Whiplash - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Whiplash:

Whiplash - Causes

What was the cause of your whiplash and how was it treated?

Comment from: Jenrose24, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 22

I fell forward while snowboarding and my head whipped onto the ground I fell fast enough that I didn't have time to place my hands in front of me. My stomach hit first but my neck took the most of the collision. Thankfully I was wearing a helmet. This is the fourth time I've had whiplash, if I hadn't have had it in the past I would have gone to the doctors by now. My neck is extremely stiff. I will be resting as much as possible over the next week and using a hot tub and heating pad to help slowly stretch my neck back to normal. And some massage therapy as well.

Comment from: ME!!!, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I was in a car wreck 3 months ago. I was hit from behind at 60mph and knocked into another vehicle. I am still having a lot of pain in my neck, back, clavicle, hips, shoulders, and headaches, tinnitus, pain and numbness in right arm/hand. I have been to several doctors and they offer no help for symptoms. They say I'm not a candidate for surgery. Drugs just knock me out. So I'm either in pain or asleep. Physical therapy made symptoms worse. Chiropractor helps a little. The frustration of constant pain and no relief at a functional level and the disbelief and lack of support from anyone is making me depressed, angry and cry a lot. This seems never-ending.

Must Read Articles Related to Whiplash

Muscle Strain
Muscle Strain Muscle strain or muscle pull or even a muscle tear implies damage to a muscle or its attaching tendons. Symptoms and signs include swelling, bruising, pain, and...learn more >>
Neck Strain
Neck Strain The portion of the spine contained within the neck is referred to as the cervical spine. That's the site for injuries known as neck strain. Symptoms include pai...learn more >>
Neck and Back Injuries
Wilderness: Neck and Back Injuries Trauma to the neck and back can lead to spinal cord injury and permanent disability. If trauma occurs, the neck and back should be splinted and movement should ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Whiplash:

Whiplash - Symptoms

Please describe the symptoms related to your whiplash?