Viewer Comments: Whiplash - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Whiplash:

Whiplash - Symptoms

Please describe the symptoms related to your whiplash?

Comment from: Susan, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 01

With my whiplash, I had pain and soreness at the base of my skull, and down my spine too, below my shoulder blades.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

With whiplash, I have a headache, neck pain, blurry vision, nausea, and lower back pain.

I have whiplash along with a headache, back pain, and tenderness along the back of neck.

Comment from: Grandma of 9, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 05

I was rear-ended while at a traffic light. Within a hour I had spasms and neck pain. The next day I woke up with tingling and numbness in my fingers and toes. After a month of trying to find a doctor to help me; I finally found a physical therapist who told me that all my neck bones had tipped backwards and had stayed that way. He put the bones back in place, but he thinks it is strange that I have numbness in my fingers and toes. He doesn't know what to do about that.

Comment from: Rockette, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

This is another comment from Rockette. It has been over 2 years since the whiplash accident. I have also taken diazepam for torticollis. The neuro wants to do botox and the neuro opthmologist wants to botox the facial nerve. All this from whiplash. I also sustained inury to the r face with a hairline fracture of the orbital rim extending to the maxilary bone with air fluid level and buckling of the sinus. What a mess. Wish I could feel the way I did prior to the accident. Gabapentin makes me feel high and I cannor concentrate. Why does my neck feel worse rather than better? I feel as though the scm muscle has atrophied but again, the Dr's won't listen to me.

Comment from: 35-44 Female Published: February 22

I have numbness in the back of head, neck pain content with pain from the neck to the tips of my fingers and also lower back pain that goes in my hips and makes it hard to walk most time. I also have a hard time breathing most times as well.

Must Read Articles Related to Whiplash

Muscle Strain
Muscle Strain Muscle strain or muscle pull or even a muscle tear implies damage to a muscle or its attaching tendons. Symptoms and signs include swelling, bruising, pain, and...learn more >>
Neck Strain
Neck Strain The portion of the spine contained within the neck is referred to as the cervical spine. That's the site for injuries known as neck strain. Symptoms include pai...learn more >>
Neck and Back Injuries
Wilderness: Neck and Back Injuries Trauma to the neck and back can lead to spinal cord injury and permanent disability. If trauma occurs, the neck and back should be splinted and movement should ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Whiplash:

Whiplash - Causes

What was the cause of your whiplash and how was it treated?