Wilderness: Bleeding Topic Guide
Wounds (Care) Wounds are lacerations, cuts, or punctures in the skin. Wounds can be superficial, deep, punctures, or pressure sores. The amount of pain, inflammation, and bleeding depend on the type of wound. Most superficial wounds can be treated at home. Deep wounds, or complicated wounds generally need medical care. Sutures, staples, or surgical glue for a wound depend on the depth of the wound and the time lapse between the injury and when medical care is sought.
Pain and Injury Resources
- 18 Tips to Keep Your Joints Healthy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are You Taking Too Many Pain Meds?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu