Wilderness: Ciguatera Toxin (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Ciguatera Toxin Detection
Although some tests report the ability to detect this toxin in food, there are no officially sanctioned tests for ciguatera toxin available. Research is ongoing; investigators are researching the possibility of using monoclonal antibodies to both detect the toxin and to use the antibodies to treat patients.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/21/2013
Must Read Articles Related to Wilderness: Ciguatera Toxin
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?