Wilderness: Ciguatera Toxin (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Ciguatera Toxin Detection
Although some tests report the ability to detect this toxin in food, there are no officially sanctioned tests for ciguatera toxin available. Research is ongoing; investigators are researching the possibility of using monoclonal antibodies to both detect the toxin and to use the antibodies to treat patients.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/21/2013
Must Read Articles Related to Wilderness: Ciguatera Toxin
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu