Wilderness: Ciguatera Toxin (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Ciguatera Toxin Detection
Although some tests report the ability to detect this toxin in food, there are no officially sanctioned tests for ciguatera toxin available. Research is ongoing; investigators are researching the possibility of using monoclonal antibodies to both detect the toxin and to use the antibodies to treat patients.
Medically reviewed by Martin E Zipser, MD; American Board of Surgery
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/26/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Wilderness: Ciguatera Toxin
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication