Viewer Comments: Ear Infections - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ear Infection:

Ear Infections - Treatment

What was the treatment of your ear infection?

Comment from: Little Mermaid, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: August 20

I have irritation and swelling in the outer ear canal. It began as an incredible itch two days ago. Now it is alternating between itch and mild pain. The ear infection is causing reduced hearing besides too much swelling to insert my hearing aid.

Comment from: ANITA, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 06

I am a constant cleaner of my ear. I kept poking Q-tips in my ear because of the itchy feeling. My ear is now infected with mucus and I have a slight loss of hearing and occasional pain. I have been to the specialist but nothing is happening as something in the ear is blocking the ear drops from going in properly and I am still seeing mucus.

Comment from: Steph, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 29

My symptoms of ear infection are pus from the ear, bleeding from the ear, loss of hearing, earache, fullness, headache, and sickness.

Comment from: rosebud, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I have a lot of pain at night in bed in my right ear. It is warm and red.

Comment from: Nasrullah, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 13

I hear ear drum palpitating sound for the last ten days in my left ear due to ear infection.

Comment from: jeff whoolery, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 06

With ear infection, when closing my eyes I felt like I was going to fall down.

Comment from: Frank, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 17

I had an inner ear infection and an outer infection in my other ear. The antibiotics wouldn't cure my inner ear so after 2 rounds of antibiotics my doctor said he could slice the ear and drain the infection.

Comment from: larry, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: December 02

I started getting symptoms after having a cold. I lost a lot of my hearing. I have hearing aids and I hear with them, but without them I hardly hear at all. My ears feel as if they are clogged tight.

Comment from: callibow, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

It started with me having bronchitis and ended with an ear infection. My ear feels full and it rings. I'm sensitive to sound, and I have suffered minor hearing loss in the right ear. I am taking antibiotics and I hope this will be over soon.

Must Read Articles Related to Wilderness: Ear Infection

Scuba Diving: Barotrauma and Decompression Sickness
Barotrauma/Decompression Sickness Barotrauma and decompression sickness refers to medical problems that occur during diving. These problems include decompression illness (the bends), external ea...learn more >>
Scuba Diving: Ear Pain
Ear Pain, Scuba Diving Ear pain or ear squeeze is a common complaint among scuba divers. Ear pain is typically caused by a failure to equalize pressure between the interior of the ear...learn more >>
Ear Tubes
Ear Tubes Ear infections are one of the most common infection in children. Environmental and anatomy problems occur and some children are prone to multiple ear infections...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ear Infection:

Wilderness: Ear Infection - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your ear infection?