Viewer Comments: Fire Coral Cuts and Stings - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Scuba Diving: Fire Coral Cuts:

Fire Coral Cuts and Stings - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your fire coral cuts and stings?

Comment from: Shobzmom, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

I recently went on a cruise to the Southern Caribbean and was snorkeling off of St. Kitts. As I was getting out of the water I still had my fins on and I tripped. A small wave pushed me, and I brushed along the shallow bottom and was scraped by fir coral. The sting was instant and very painful. It's been more than a week and now the area has a big red raised rash and itches. When I rub or scratch it, it almost seems wet like it leaks but you can't see any moisture and it has never bled. I am going to try vinegar and hydrogen peroxide as suggested in some of these reviews.

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Scuba Diving: Fire Coral Cuts:

Fire Coral Cuts and Stings - Experience

Please describe your experience with fire coral cuts and stings.