Viewer Comments: Scorpion Sting - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Scorpion Sting:

Scorpion Sting - Treatment

Share your scorpion sting treatment experience

Comment from: hafeez, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 03

I was bitten by yellow scorpion on my left foot during morning walk on my home in our grassy courtyard. I threw my feet by reflux action due to sudden pain. The scorpion separated my foot. I killed the scorpion. I quickly rubbed the salt and soap at effected portion for two minutes and washed with clean water. I realized that due to above action, I felt relief within 10-15 minutes. I did not take any medicine.

Comment from: Sunshine, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

I was washing clothes and stepped into the pile and felt the most excruciating pain under my big toe area. I felt heat radiating up my leg! I let out a scream and my hubby came running! We really didn't know what to do so he grabbed ice cubes, sprayed Benadryl on the bite. I had to laugh it off otherwise I was going to cry! He dissolved salt into pail with warm water, and that helped!

Comment from: Tanya, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

I was bitten last night while going to get a glass of water and can tell you it was the most painful thing I have ever experienced in the thirteen years that I lived here. The sting and burning sensation is horrible. My feet got numb and tingled. I washed with soap and antibacterial soap. I did not want to go to ER. By morning my leg was burning all the way to my knee with a red rash. I went to urgent care but all they said to do was to put ice and take ibuprofen and the burning should cease in a few days.

Comment from: carol, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 17

I was bit last night in my living room. I did not see the critter, but it got me in the nail of my left toe. The unbelievable pain forced me to go to urgent care this morning but unfortunately there was nothing they could do, but to put hydrocortisone cream on the rash. The doctor said that the burning sensation would go away after a few days. I hope so the pain is unbearable.

Comment from: b Ber, 45-54 Female Published: June 12

My daughter was bitten by a scorpion this past weekend. She had extreme pain, was disoriented, vomiting, fainted twice, and bite her tongue. After the fact she thought she may have had a seizure. Next time she will head to the ER. Living in central Texas scorpions are all over their property.

Comment from: Gbigbi, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 09

l was washing my clothes when l was stung by brown scorpion. The sting site was at my left finger. Within few seconds pain radiates to all over my hand. I call my wife immediately. She came out and drove me to the hospital where the doctor administered plain lidocaine injection to around the stung site to block the pain receptors.

Arizona poison control was extremely helpful. There's a lot of misinformation on the web. I would suggest calling your local poison control first. Don't put baking soda on the scorpion sting. At best it won't do anything or it could cause the pain to worsen, which happened in our case.

Comment from: janggo, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: September 07

I have been stung by a scorpion about 3 inches long and its color is black...what I did is I rushed to the hospital and told that I've been stung by a scorpion and they have given me maybe an anti-venin and after 1 day the numbness that I feel is gone.

Comment from: mikeinaz, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 05

I was stung at work last night on the thumb here in Arizona, and ended up in the ER two hours later with blurred eye sight, and numbing pain all the way up my arm. I could barely walk to the bathroom. They gave me Valium and Percocet for pain, but no anti venom. They said if I was a kid I would have gotten it for sure. It was a bad experience, and I am now at home resting. if you see one of those little suckers definitely kill it. :)

Comment from: scorpionlady, Published: June 12

I just got stung a few hours ago. I live in Arizona, and my house is next to acres of desert. Take a black light around our yard any given night, and you will find anywhere between 20-30 scorpions. All I did was take some ibuprofen (for pain) and Benadryl (to prevent an allergic reaction. Just remember to be careful, monitor yourself, and make sure to get emergency care if things get too bad.

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Scorpion Sting:

Scorpion Sting - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience from your scorpion bite?