Viewer Comments: Scorpion Sting - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Scorpion Sting:

Scorpion Sting - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience from your scorpion bite?

Comment from: South Africa, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: December 13

I was stung on the tip of my finger by a scorpion (species unknown), no swelling or puncture marks visible, not really painful only a strange numb tingly sensation, especially when the finger is tapped or bumped. Already 48 hours has passed and still the same sensation but not as severe as in the beginning.

Comment from: cjt, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 10

I stepped on a brown scorpion of average size. It stung me between the toes--a sensitive spot. The searing pain is immediate. My body numbed the area within half an hour thank goodness. I soon noticed that my lips and tip of my tongue were also numb and tingly. 12 hours later, they still are. The sting site isn't swollen or red -- just tingly and numb.

Comment from: 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 11

I was bitten by a scorpion and I have severe pain and a tingling sensation on my leg. I was stung in the arch of my right foot. I was squeezing the area trying not to let the pain go up my leg. Every time I let go to rest, it would shoot pain up it. It hurts as if someone put a 10-inch kitchen knife in my foot and was twisting it.

Comment from: G-Ma, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

Four and a half hours after the two stings, extreme numbness in limbs, shaking of hands, cramping of legs and feet, impaired vision (especially right side), tremor in right side of face, and unable to stand.

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Scorpion Sting:

Scorpion Sting - Treatment

Share your scorpion sting treatment experience