Wilderness: Shellfish Poisoning, Gastrointestinal (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Shellfish Poisoning Prognosis
In general, most outcomes, after the symptoms subside, are good. However, the outcomes worsen according to the amount and type of poison ingested. The amnestic and paralytic poisons, when ingested in large amounts may cause permanent damage to the nervous system or even death.
Medically reviewed by Martin E. Zipser, MD; American Board of Surgery
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/26/2015
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Must Read Articles Related to Wilderness: Shellfish Poisoning, Gastrointestinal
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication