Wilderness: Shellfish Poisoning, Gastrointestinal (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Shellfish Poisoning Prognosis
In general, most outcomes, after the symptoms subside, are good. However, the outcomes worsen according to the amount and type of poison ingested. The amnestic and paralytic poisons, when ingested in large amounts may cause permanent damage to the nervous system or even death.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/22/2013
Must Read Articles Related to Wilderness: Shellfish Poisoning, Gastrointestinal
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair