Wilderness: Shellfish Poisoning, Gastrointestinal (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Shellfish Poisoning Prognosis
In general, most outcomes, after the symptoms subside, are good. However, the outcomes worsen according to the amount and type of poison ingested. The amnestic and paralytic poisons, when ingested in large amounts may cause permanent damage to the nervous system or even death.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/22/2013
Must Read Articles Related to Wilderness: Shellfish Poisoning, Gastrointestinal
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu