Viewer Comments: Wrist Injury - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Wrist Injury (Wrist Fracture):

Wrist Injury - Causes

What was the cause of your wrist injury?

Comment from: Jim Wind, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 17

A normally placid horse spun round and tried to kick me. I managed to push myself away enough to avoid broken legs, but I damaged right wrist doing so.

Comment from: TINA, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

My wrists were injured in a car accident.

Comment from: lisa, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 21

I hurt my wrist when I was bitten by my macaw.

I hurt my wrist during soccer season when I was playing soccer. I fell on my wrist and it popped when I landed on it. Now if I use my hand for an extended period of time my hand starts tingling and I can't grip my pencil. I'm not really sure what I did to it.

Comment from: jcrnc, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

I am a labor and delivery nurse and my wrist was injured during a delivery. A patient kicked my hand during a delivery :(

Comment from: litlerny, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 09

I injured my right wrist two weeks ago playing golf.

Comment from: anabanana, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 25

I'm a cashier. A 29 oz can of food fell on my wrist, a crush injury to my superficial radial nerve and the tendons. I feel heat, numbness, tingling, sudden stabbing pain and sensitivity to the touch. It's been a year and I still have pain. Recently had an MRI and showed that I have a 0.3mm ganglion cyst. I have always felt as if the blood flow is slowed down at the impacted area. My hand still swells but not as much as before. Physical therapy and cortisone shots made it worst. I have a feeling it might also be a small aneurysm the cause of pain.

Comment from: Ycouragepeace, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 21

My wrist pain started about one month ago while I was doing push-ups. I am not sure if I moved my wrist in the wrong direction, but it hurts only in the position of a push up.

Comment from: m22forest, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 22

I had my wrist injury two weeks ago July 1, 2011 when we are turning our 350lb patient, I pulled out to another position using my right hand as the source of strength, because I already have a back problem, as soon as I pull it, I felt a strong pain in my wrist.

Comment from: Jenny, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 08

I injured my wrist in yoga class. I was trying too hard to keep up with other people when I know I'm nowhere near as strong as them.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 31

A fall while skating (hard landing on my hand) caused me to injure my wrist.

Comment from: (Patient) Published: March 11

I hurt my wrist playing football about two weeks ago.

Comment from: tigger, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I was in a car accident where I injured my wrist. I was put in Velcro splint but after 3 weeks still causing major pain when I try to use it to pick up or move any objects -- even to hold a fork in my hand. I'm not sure if it's the wrist or hand that bothers me more -- I am being referred to physical therapy for 4 weeks. I sure hope it helps!

Must Read Articles Related to Wrist Injury

Hand Injuries
Hand Injuries Hand injuries can be divided into six categories. 1) cuts and lacerations, 2) fractures and dislocations, 3) soft tissue injuries and amputations, 4) infections...learn more >>