Viewer Comments: Wrist Injury - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Wrist Injury (Wrist Fracture):

Wrist Injury - Causes

What was the cause of your wrist injury?

Comment from: alexandra, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 23

My 18 year old daughter plays softball and she hits 5 days a week. Her wrist started bothering her, so we took her to the doctor, who looked at her wrist, and asked her to get an X-ray. After the X-ray results, the doctor said there was nothing wrong with it but to put it in a wrist brace for two weeks. Two weeks have gone by and the pain is the same.

Comment from: Sanju, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: July 19

I had a bike accident. My right hand was fully scratched. The moment of the accident and after the accident I felt pain less. That night I had a bad pain and could not sleep the whole night. I think now I have fractured my wrist.

Comment from: Hurting in Heber, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 08

I'm not sure how I injured my wrist but it has been very soar for the last month or so. I can touch a specific point on the inside of my left wrist and it hurts like crazy. Also sometimes when I move my thumb and next two fingers it increases my pain. I think I will go get a cortisone shot Monday. I'm a little scared after the other entry which said cortisone made it worse. Wish me luck!

Comment from: batboy, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 24

My son was playing basketball; used his hand to support a fall and now is having problems in his wrist area. He has seen a doctor; x-ray showed no injury; only a slight sprain. He is able to grasp items but since he also plays baseball he has noticed that throwing a baseball and when batting there is some pain.

Comment from: Mary, 35-44 Female Published: July 11

Martial Arts Class. A twisting type wrist lock applied to hard.

Must Read Articles Related to Wrist Injury

Hand Injuries
Hand Injuries Hand injuries can be divided into six categories. 1) cuts and lacerations, 2) fractures and dislocations, 3) soft tissue injuries and amputations, 4) infections...learn more >>