Viewer Comments: Wrist Injury - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Wrist Injury (Wrist Fracture):

Wrist Injury - Causes

What was the cause of your wrist injury?

Comment from: Ycouragepeace, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 21

My wrist pain started about one month ago while I was doing push-ups. I am not sure if I moved my wrist in the wrong direction, but it hurts only in the position of a push up.

Comment from: m22forest, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 22

I had my wrist injury two weeks ago July 1, 2011 when we are turning our 350lb patient, I pulled out to another position using my right hand as the source of strength, because I already have a back problem, as soon as I pull it, I felt a strong pain in my wrist.

Comment from: Jenny, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 08

I injured my wrist in yoga class. I was trying too hard to keep up with other people when I know I'm nowhere near as strong as them.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 31

A fall while skating (hard landing on my hand) caused me to injure my wrist.

Comment from: (Patient) Published: March 11

I hurt my wrist playing football about two weeks ago.

Comment from: tigger, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I was in a car accident where I injured my wrist. I was put in Velcro splint but after 3 weeks still causing major pain when I try to use it to pick up or move any objects -- even to hold a fork in my hand. I'm not sure if it's the wrist or hand that bothers me more -- I am being referred to physical therapy for 4 weeks. I sure hope it helps!

Comment from: alexandra, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 23

My 18 year old daughter plays softball and she hits 5 days a week. Her wrist started bothering her, so we took her to the doctor, who looked at her wrist, and asked her to get an X-ray. After the X-ray results, the doctor said there was nothing wrong with it but to put it in a wrist brace for two weeks. Two weeks have gone by and the pain is the same.

Comment from: Sanju, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: July 19

I had a bike accident. My right hand was fully scratched. The moment of the accident and after the accident I felt pain less. That night I had a bad pain and could not sleep the whole night. I think now I have fractured my wrist.

Comment from: Hurting in Heber, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 08

I'm not sure how I injured my wrist but it has been very soar for the last month or so. I can touch a specific point on the inside of my left wrist and it hurts like crazy. Also sometimes when I move my thumb and next two fingers it increases my pain. I think I will go get a cortisone shot Monday. I'm a little scared after the other entry which said cortisone made it worse. Wish me luck!

Comment from: batboy, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 24

My son was playing basketball; used his hand to support a fall and now is having problems in his wrist area. He has seen a doctor; x-ray showed no injury; only a slight sprain. He is able to grasp items but since he also plays baseball he has noticed that throwing a baseball and when batting there is some pain.

Comment from: Mary, 35-44 Female Published: July 11

Martial Arts Class. A twisting type wrist lock applied to hard.

Must Read Articles Related to Wrist Injury

Hand Injuries
Hand Injuries Hand injuries can be divided into six categories. 1) cuts and lacerations, 2) fractures and dislocations, 3) soft tissue injuries and amputations, 4) infections...learn more >>