Yoga FAQs (cont.)
How is yoga different from meditation?
Meditation (dhyana) is a part of total yoga practice. Yoga is composed of eight basic principles.
- Rules for living in society (Yama)
- Self-restraining rules (Niyama)
- Low physical impact postures (Asana)
- Breathing techniques (Pranayama)
- Detachment of the mind from senses (Pratihara)
- Concentration (Dharana)
- Meditation (Dhyana)
- Complete union with super consciousness (Samadhi)
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 1/9/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Yoga FAQs
Yoga is the systematic practice of physical exercise, breath control, relaxation, diet control, and positive thinking and meditation aimed at developing harmony...learn more >>