Learn about types, symptoms, signs, and treatment
options for this debilitating mental illness
Health News of the Week
Warning Against Tylenol, Acetaminophen During Pregnancy
FDA OKs Pfizer COVID Booster for 65 and Over, Those at High Risk
US to Ease Travel Restrictions for Vaccinated Visitors
COVID-19 Claims More Than 675,000 US Lives, Surpassing the 1918 Flu
Nurses 'At the Breaking Point,' Consider Quitting Due to COVID Issues: Survey
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Learn how rheumatoid arthritis (RA) affects the body. Common RA symptoms and signs include fatigue and joint pain, stiffness, and swelling.
Hepatitis means inflammation of the liver. It can be caused by several viruses. The main types in the United States are A, B, and C.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Alopecia Areata: See a Picture of This Condition
- Brown Recluse Spider Bite: See a Picture of This Spider Bite
- Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease: See a Picture of This Condition
First Aid & Injuries Center
eMedicineHealth offers a wide array of first aid and emergency topics from cuts & wounds to broken bones to insect bites & stings. These include easy to read articles, slideshows, quizzes and visuals providing basic as well as in-depth treatment and procedures for injuries, first aid kits, CPR and more.
See the complete A-Z list of all the first aid related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Trending on eMedicineHealth
- Colon Cancer or Hemorrhoids?: What Are the Differences?
- Pink Eye Symptoms: What Gets Rid of Pink Eye Fast?
- Knee Pain: How Do I Know If My Knee Pain Is Serious?
- Food Poisoning : What Are 5 Types of Food Poisoning and Causes?
- West Nile Virus: What Are Symptoms of West Nile Virus?
- Thrombocytopenia (Low Platelet Count): What Does a Low Platelet Count Mean?
- Blood Sugar Levels: Is 120 a Normal Blood Sugar Level?
- High Blood Sugar: Does High Blood Sugar Cause Hyperglycemia?
- Sinus Infection: How Do I Get Rid of a Sinus Infection?
- Lower Back Pain: What Can I Do to Relieve My Lower Back Pain?
- Top Male Health Concerns: What Are the Top Male Health Concerns?