Abdominal Pain (Adults)

Please describe the cause and treatment of your abdominal pain. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Arnie, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I have had severe bloating for 2 weeks where my belly is hard and is very bloated (I look pregnant). I am having regular bowel movement everyday so I am not constipated, but today I did start my period - which rules out being pregnant, but also contributes to slight bloating, but not all for the past 2 weeks! I have tried to cut out bread, milk, etc., but having no luck with any less bloating.

Comment from: bridges, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 23

I am having abdominal pain in the right side and going to back. I been told have irritable bowel syndrome, gastroparesis, and acid reflux. I take Protonix.

Comment from: Mithun, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: October 16

I am feeling a slight pain in my left abdomen since the last 6 days. I know that I have an ulcer problem. I am now taking rabeprazole tablet and taking an enzyme also.

Comment from: Gama, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: October 03

I feel pain sometimes in my lower right abdomen. I went to see a doctor and he told me it's a kidney stone. I took some medicine which he prescribed, after some days the pain stopped, and then came back again. I went back, they did a scan and told me that nothing is wrong with me, though it is weird to me because I feel pain. I don't feel sick, I don't vomit or go to toilet often, I feel normal but it still pains, not every day though. I don't have appendix.

Comment from: Rk, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: September 21

They say I have chronic constipation, however I go to the bathroom every day at least once, and it is normal, not hard. About every 8 or 12 weeks I get an abdominal pain that starts under my right breast and travels downward. It takes three days or more for the pain to complete the journey, and during this time I am in so much pain I can't walk, don't eat, have broken out in cold sweats and vomited. I miss work. The doctor has run all kinds of test including a liver biopsy and can't find anything.

Comment from: MustangMan, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 06

I have had abdominal pain for quite some time, bloating pain in my abdomen right in the middle. You go to a doctor and by some chance you are lucky if they can help you. What is a person to do, you feel like you are wasting your time and money. Medicine today, I believe is pretty hopeless.

Comment from: Bryan, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 06

After eating food I have discomfort and bloating on the center of my solar plexus.

Comment from: Donna, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 01

I had rotator cuff surgery 2 days ago and when I try to get up out of bed it hurts all along my rib cage on both sides and even in my stomach area. The abdominal pain is more like a tremendous strain rather than sharp pain.

Comment from: Jodie , 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I had a complete hysterectomy 14 months ago. I am suffering with bad pains in my pelvic area and incredibly severe, uncomfortable bloating. My hysterectomy was due the fact I had endometrial cancer, grade 1 stage 1. The abdominal pain is predominately on my left side. However, the pain moves to my back and feels like a dragging pain from the inside.

Comment from: Cid, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 19

They say I have chronic constipation, however I go to the bathroom every day at least once, and it is normal, not hard. About every 8 or 12 weeks I get an abdominal pain that starts under my right breast and travels downward. It takes three days or more for the pain to complete the journey, and during this time I am in so much pain I can't walk, don't eat, have broken out in cold sweats and vomited. I miss work. The doctor has run all kinds of test including a liver biopsy and can't find anything; I am sick of being sick.

Comment from: Jim, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 19

I have felt something constantly in my abdomen for 5 months. I have had bouts of bad diarrhea off and on. Lately after every bowel movement I'm in a lot of discomfort for hours. The doctors think I have irritable bowel syndrome. I have been eating completely heathy and have been on Dicetel for 5 weeks.

Comment from: Isabel, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 12

I have pain on the top of my tummy as if there is too much gas, and I am having cold sweats. I took a hot drink and the milk is still there. I wonder if it will help if I drink cold water.

Comment from: Ashlei, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 12

I woke up feeling like I had gas, it's been 2 days now and it's not gone away. It hurts really badly under my right rib cage and I feel really tired.

Comment from: Kaz, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 12

I have severe abdominal pain. I've had it for 4 days now. I'm living on Cuprofen 4 times a day.

Comment from: Gail, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 12

My pain started in the upper right quadrant abdomen right underneath my ribs on the right side about 4 years ago. I would get it occasionally when I turned a certain way but it has progressively gotten worse. Now the pain goes from up there all the way down to my lower abdomen and it feels like somebody is stabbing me in several places at the same time. Once the initial attack is over the pain lingers there like pulled muscles or something for the rest of the day. It's getting so much worse.

Comment from: Kay , 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 05

I feel like I'm permanently bloated all the time. My lower left abdomen is so tender almost all the time as well, so much so that my boyfriend can't even lay his hand over my tummy. It's very uncomfortable and I look like I'm a couple months pregnant but I'm not. My doctor told me to “buck up” and never ran any tests on me at all. She just changed my birth control.

Comment from: Gracie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 03

I have lower abdomen pain, in the area centered above the pubic bone. I had blood tests and scan, but nothing showed up. I have just been given antibiotics, Enantyum 25 mg and 4 hourly painkillers, Nolotil and cefixime. It is a great deal of pain and nothing takes it away. In the hospital I was given drips of Nolotil which eased it slightly. It kind of feels like a bad period pain. In another week my doctor is getting me to do yet another urine test, but also another to grow a culture on.

Comment from: Gert, 45-54 (Patient) Published: May 30

My abdominal pain has been diagnosed as caused by my gallbladder tube which is enlarged. Liver is slightly enlarged too. No treatment.

Comment from: JGi, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 01

I've had abdominal pain and diarrhea for over 6 weeks, and been going to the emergency room (ER) 3 times. The pain stops if I don't eat. Diarrhea and pain are now back, it hurts in my left side and upper stomach and through my back. I don't know what to do. I can't eat, hurts to drink water, and at the ER they said I had a urinary tract infection, but antibiotics make me even sicker.

Comment from: Golf girl, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 25

I have bloating and abdominal pain. I have had 4 consecutive rounds of Flagel as C. difficile treatment. Now I am starting second week of vancomycin. I am still very bloated. I weigh 114 lb, 5 ft 2 in., very active. It leaves me with low energy and mild nausea.

Comment from: Raut, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: October 30

I have a little swelling near the abdominal area below my stomach and downward to penis area, and gas problem. I have pain in foot and swelling also, and a little weakness.

Comment from: Eroger, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 23

I have abdominal pain in the lower right side. While sleeping I wake up in the middle of the night, I can't take a deep breath, if I do it hurts so bad. I have to sit in a ball for it not to hurt.

Comment from: elleonlp, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 18

I started coughing today, and now I have a very strong pain on my lower left abdomen, right where my ribs end. When I was coughing a very sharp and intense pain occurred, it popped in the middle of a cough.

Comment from: Nicole, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I have been having off and on sharp pain in my upper left abdomen. I also have diarrhea, vomiting, chills, fatigue, fever and extreme nonstop bloating.

Comment from: Bad abdominal pain , 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 16

I'm three months pregnant and tonight is the first night I have bad abdominal pain in my lower left side. It hurts a lot and it is a little hard to stand but not severe. I hope my baby and I are going to be okay.

Comment from: Bryonna, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 16

Almost every morning I have abdominal pain. When I wake up I cannot lie around for the pain is so bad. However, when I start moving around it goes away. It makes me get out of my sleep. I've had ultrasound. They have found small cysts but they say it is not severe. I can't take the pain. I wonder if they are missing something.

Comment from: Taylor, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 16

My abdominal pain just started today, whenever I bend over I feel a short sharp pain on the left side of my stomach and it is closer to my belly button then it is my side. I was diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome last year, and have been able to handle it. I'm hoping this is just a muscle pain or something and will go away.

Comment from: xixie, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 09

I have breathing pain in the right side of the stomach, it does go away in a day or two, and after it is healed the pain just comes back again. I have taken many tests and they are all normal. I wonder if it can be gas pains. It is really uncomfortable and painful.

Comment from: Abdomen sensation , 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 09

The circular sensation in my upper right quadrant abdomen just below my ribs on the right side started about 4 years ago. I would get it occasionally when I turned a certain way but it has progressively gotten into a slight pain. The sensation comes and goes when I touch the spot like magic. Now for a few days I feel heavy and have swelled abdomen and the circular sensation has turned into a slight pain.

Comment from: Helen , 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 03

I had a dull pain on my lower belly and right side. I did CT scan an, ultrasound, endoscopy and colonoscopy, all clear but I still have pain. It gets worse when I lie down and at night, and I feel chills, get a lot of diarrhea, and lately some foam in my urine.

Comment from: Shirley, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 03

I get abdominal pain after I eat certain foods. Later on I'll start getting lower abdominal pains so bad I feel like I'm going to throw up. Then I go to the bathroom and I suffer through more pain and it finally goes away. It seems always in this one spot in my intestines.

Comment from: Pradip, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 02

I have stomach pain as it is because of I am unable to pass motion. One month ago I faced a microsurgery for gall bladder stone.

Comment from: Poohbear, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 02

My period was 2 days late, but lasted 5 days. I took 4 home pregnancy tests, all negative, but I have slight cramping in my lower abdomen and I keep passing gas.

Comment from: Isha, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 02

I have had ultrasounds last six months for abdominal pain on the left side under my rib. Pain is more frequent now, and when not in pain, the area is sore. Nausea and vomiting are sometimes present, not all the time.

Comment from: Dorin rutto, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 01

I feel kind of pain in the lower abdomen and feeling like vomiting sometimes. I don't know what the problem is. It is now 4 days.

Comment from: Chixygirl, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 28

With a Mirena intrauterine device (IUD inserted October 2014) I do not get my period, just a little blood every several months to release the eggs built up. Lately I have been having sharp stabbing pains like I used to have prior to the IUD, in the lowest abdominal area just immediately above the pubic region in the mornings and afternoons. At night 4 inches below the center of my breasts I have really sharp pains that I assumed was stomach pain, for more than a week. All pain was accompanied with severe lower back pain as I am overweight.

Comment from: Paula, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: September 27

I had full hysterectomy on 11th September, and on 17th September I went to see my general physician, and the locum doctor was there and he pushed so hard on my belly, it has not been right since. The abdominal pain is horrible, hurts when I breathe, and I can't sleep on my left side since the doctor pushed that hard. I am worried if it is dangerous, and if I need to go back to the hospital.

Comment from: Sai, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

I had a severe upper abdominal pain a while ago. I had to vomit to lessen the pain. Now it feels like my organs are swelling especially on the right side and lower abdominal area. My stomach hurts whenever I move. Last week I was also suffering from lower back pain.

Comment from: Karen, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

I have constipation for 7 to 8 days then I get diarrhea for a day or two, plus I constantly have stomach pains and bad rumbling all day every day. I'm getting where I'm scared to go out. I'm losing weight which is worrying.

Comment from: Courtney, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 20

I am having sharp then dull stabbing abdominal pain below the waistline (where you usually have period cramps). I know it's not period cramps or gas or constipation. Urinating makes it hurt more (not a urinary tract infection though). It's not in the abdomen at all.

Comment from: Gene, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 20

I have a stabbing pain in my right abdomen under the ribs. It travels up front to the neck giving pain in my head and I am feeling sick. I'm type 2 diabetic, and my blood sugar level at the moment is between 7 and 9 with tablets.

Comment from: Sandra, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 19

I have sharp pain in my gut, it makes me feel weak and sleepy. It hurts as though I have a hurt in the abdomen. It feels acidic and it stings but the gnawing pain is the problem; it interferes with my everyday life!

Comment from: Christi1, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 19

I have severe abdominal and pelvic pain, accompanied by low back pain for the past two weeks. My abdomen is very tender to touch. Pain is unrelieved even with narcotics. I have no appetite, and eating makes pain worse. Pain started about two days after my last period.

Comment from: Kris, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 17

For 5 days now I have gas, and the left side hurts and doesn't want to move. My chest hurts the worst.

Comment from: Shwetali bhavake, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 17

After controlling urine I have pain in my lower abdomen. At night when I sleep, in the middle of the night I feel like urinating but due to being sleepy I am not able to get up again and again. So in the morning I have pain in my back and lower abdomen.

Comment from: Mee, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 13

I have been ill for 18 years with abdominal pain on my right hand side below my rib. I have been to the doctors on and off over the years but have been misdiagnosed a few times and have had only a few tests. I am in a great deal of pain on and off. At times I have been semi-bedridden. I also suffer from migraines and this triggers them off and has made them worse. I now have basically full-body migraines. The pain travels up and down my spine and I also have sore feet. I wish I had help.

Comment from: Callmedar55 , 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 13

I have abdominal pain in my right side that radiates through to my back, but it doesn't feel like stones. I thought maybe something due to colon problems, but I don't know. I have systemic scleroderma and not sure if that could be causing it. It hurts no matter what I do; stand, sit, walk, lie down, it is just constant.

Comment from: Russian, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 11

My stomach has been hurting right under my diaphragm all night. My back by my kidneys has also been hurting all night. I have had diarrhea for a week now and had similar stomach pains a few days ago. No other symptoms.

Comment from: Ann , 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 11

I had a colonoscopy over two weeks ago and since then I am plagued by bloating and stomach cramps that feel like trapped wind, which are very severe at times.

Comment from: Lisalou , 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 11

So here goes. I'm a 46 year old who for the past 15 years wake up every night at least twice with the same horrific pain in my stomach; it's like a spasm or contraction. It lasts between 3 to 8 minutes and then goes. I have been admitted into hospital had every test done and still they can't find out what's wrong. I suffer with PBC (primary biliary cholangitis) and fibromyalgia. I can't take it anymore.

Comment from: Patient , 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 06

It has been a few weeks since my first period (I just had a second period). I had two periods in one month when my breasts were sore. Here it is a few days after my last period and my breasts are still sore, my abdomen feels sensitive to the touch, and if you press down my back hurts. I vomited twice and most of the time I feel very nauseated. With certain foods that I have I have gas and I'm bloated.

Comment from: sasmom13, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 05

I have a side abdominal pain that the doctors keep saying are fat cells but it is a hard lump. I can feel it and the pain radiates from there. It comes and goes but I have had it for a year now, and after sleeve surgery it's hurting again. I mentioned it to my sleeve surgeon and he said same thing; fat cell. My question is that it hurts; feeling so frustrated.

Comment from: Lilmomma, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 28

My belly is hurting, but pain started in my back yesterday. I took something for gas and my abdominal pain stopped but it has been hurting all day today, my belly won't stop hurting, I don't know what it could be.

Comment from: Brenda combs, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 14

My stomach has been hurting for 3 days. The pain in my left side is growing. I have been taking acid reducers and antacids.

Comment from: Candie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 01

I have pain in my abdominal or intestinal area. When I eat, the odd spot as I call it, gets tight and achy pain starts worse. Emergency room has run a gall bladder test and kidney test; nothing. I was going to the bathroom fine 3 weeks ago, now I've had to make myself go because there is no urge to go to the bathroom. I can feel something swollen in there it feels like.

Comment from: Tyler, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: July 30

A week ago I experienced constipation, and pain and discomfort in my left abdomen which has since moved to my lower right abdomen. When I press down on my right abdomen it feels tight and tender but I have close to no pain. Not sure what this is and I don't think it is appendicitis because I have close to no pain. I did have a bowel movement yesterday and today but I feel like it wasn't enough.

Comment from: Molly, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 06

I had sharp burning pain in my upper abdomen. They said I had a gallstone but my gallbladder is good. I have severe gastritis and a fatty liver. I'm tired of being in pain.

Comment from: Kristyn, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

I have periods like once or twice a year. I had one two weeks ago and still having abdominal pain and nausea.

Comment from: Angela, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 27

I have abdominal pain towards my back lower at waist on the left side when standing and after overnight. I have no nausea. It has been 2 weeks, I thought it was gas, and I had bowel movement only after taking a laxative. It's been 2 weeks since a natural bowel movement, feels like gas movement and gas is trapped!

Comment from: shannon, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 21

For 2 years now, I have been dealing with severe abdominal pain. I have had MRI, CAT, upper and lower gastrointestinal tests, blood work, and even gall bladder taken out. I have been on medicine after medicine. I am so embarrassed sometimes, in public the pain will hit me and I fall to my knees in pain and crying. It only lasts maybe 20 minutes, then I am fine but it happens 2 to 3 times a day. My doctor says to go to the emergency room when this happens. I said it stops before I get there. Also I get a tightening in my neck and can't breathe.

Comment from: Gemski, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 30

I have been experiencing stabbing pains in the middle of my stomach for 3 days now. The pain is frequent but irregular and lasts a couple of minutes at a time. Sometimes it causes me to double over, other times I can cope with it. When I say irregular I mean I can wake up in the night with pain, take pain killers and go back to sleep but then be woken up again 3 hours later, then go back to sleep for several hours and wake up ok. This has been accompanied with a high temperature, headaches, fatigue, lethargy and diarrhea. I have vomited but only on the one occasion a couple of hours after a meal, I had not eaten properly for a few days so ill assume my stomach had shrunk a little and I ate too much for my stomach to handle. I have had the stomach pains around 2 weeks ago but they disappeared, unfortunately they returned a couple of days ago and seem to be lasting longer than the previous time. I have visited my gp, who pushed around my abdomen a little, then took a urine sample for a pregnancy test which was negative. I then had a blood test, which also came back ok; ruling out appendiscitis so I'm now left with an inconclusive condition and the pain is still there. If you have any new information you may be able to submit it would be helpful.

Comment from: Horatio, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 16

About twice a month, I get a nagging mild pain deep down on the left-hand side of my abdomen that can last for about a week. I tend to associate it with flatulence, bladder weakness, feeling below-par and lacking in energy. When this phase passes, I generally feel fine until the symptoms reoccur some time later.

Comment from: liliansimage, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

I am a 21 year old female who has been having sharp pain on my right side just below the rib cage as well as under it, for 3 years and 4 months. I get migraines, nausea, vomiting (every now and then), constipated, I'm tired all the time. I feel as if I could pass out every now and then, the pain is constant it never goes away; I don't have a problem when I eat or after I eat that I've noticed. I can't exercise because it seems to make the pain worse; I have blood in my stool a lot. Doctors can't seem to find out what is wrong with me. I have had x-rays, cats can, hydro scan, EKG, MRI of the spine, colonoscopy, endoscopy, nerve blocks, blood tests, urine tests, ultrasounds, stool samples, and many more test and medications. Nothing seems to show up on the test and nothing seems to help with the pain.

Comment from: stomachpain, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 02

I have suffered from GERD and nausea for over 2 months. Lately nausea would worsen if I did not eat within 2 hours. I started to eat a better diet of fruit and veggies and whole grains the last 2 weeks. I felt pretty good on sat and sun then without warning I got severe stomach pain that I almost went to the hospital, on Mon morning. I saw my doctor today and I am getting a cat. I have suffered from GERD and nausea for over 2 months. Lately nausea would worsen if I did not eat within 2 hours. I started to eat a better diet of fruit and veggies and whole grains the last 2 weeks. I felt pretty good on sat and sun then without warning I got severe stomach pain that I almost went to the hospital, on Monday morning. I saw my doctor today and I am getting a cat scan for possible diverticulitis.

Comment from: Greg, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 23

Out of nowhere I have abdominal pain on the right side between the bottom of my ribs and hip bone.

Comment from: Sushanto Boidya, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: October 23

I am having slight pain in my left abdomen beside my navel. I also feel a little bit chest congestion. This slight pain has been present for 2 weeks.

Comment from: Mary, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I feel pain in my stomach, when I press it, it is hard and painful. I feel like throwing up but there is nothing, and my thighs too are painful.

Comment from: Lowe , 55-64 (Patient) Published: October 03

I have severe upper right quadrant abdominal pain.

Comment from: Macmos18, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 03

The past week I have had pain in my lower abdomen. It's a very sharp pain, almost like I swallowed a rock and it is just sitting there in my stomach. It lasts all day.

Comment from: Joyce, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 28

My abdominal pain starts at belly button, goes to the side and to the middle of my back.

Comment from: Jcsullivan21, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 26

I have a sharp pain between my breasts, and it is hard to swallow or drink. Stomach pain is worse. When standing up and leaning forward I have extreme nausea and dizziness.

Comment from: Womck2, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 26

I have pain on the left side of my abdomen, lower back to the front lower side. It has me with chills and sharp pain. I feel sick in my stomach and I can't sleep, it is painful.

Comment from: Sharon, 65-74 (Patient) Published: September 25

My husband has a cramp pain in his abdomen. It goes from the back and follows round to the front.

Comment from: Kizzes43, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

I had a complete hysterectomy 21 years ago and I have tremendous pain on the right side of my vagina and bleed after sex. The pain is so bad I cry and my husband doesn't get it! Feels like a knife cutting my insides! My husband is not that endowed, just extreme pain like a 20 on the pain chart!

Comment from: Jackie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

I have a burning but pressing pain in my upper stomach just under my breastbone and it hurts. I keep getting it off and on but it stays for a bit, then goes and comes back.

Comment from: Green, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 20

I have a stitch like pain in my right side abdomen around belly button height.

Comment from: Lml123, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 19

I first had aching and now burning sensation in upper abdomen, loose stools and am feeling sick.

Comment from: Tang, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 19

My belly button is hurting when I touch it, or when I do small movements. And my upper abdomen also starts to hurt. But I am still passing gas and burping. Also my right side almost at the back is hurting.

Comment from: Wendy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 19

I have pain on the left and lower side of my lower abdomen and am very bloated. This started yesterday morning, and I have severe diarrhea. Now today I'm very bloated and have severe pain.

Comment from: Purnell Dunwood, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 19

This 54 year old man is having pain in the middle of his stomach and it has been like that for 3 days. We don't know the cause of his abdominal pain.

Comment from: hemant, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 17

I get pain in the right side of my abdomen. It travels up to my ribs.

Comment from: Dennis, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 11

My stomach hurts right above my penis.

Comment from: Alp, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 11

I've been having upper right side abdominal pain and burning that never stops, for a month now. I don't know what the reason could be. My right arm is boiling hot and I am scare and tired.

Comment from: bobo bear, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 28

I have trouble with really bad side abdominal pains for 3 days which has led to my sides hurting more when I cough, and just tonight I have pain in my upper back.

Comment from: viji, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 28

Once in a month I experience severe left side abdominal pain which lasts for 8 hours. I wonder what the reason could be.

Comment from: Curious lady, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 27

My upper right side abdomen is hurting, right behind my rib cage, and it is tender and sore to the touch. The pain runs to my Back.

Comment from: Bloat!, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 24

I have bloating in my whole stomach all the time for the past 2 or 3 weeks. It feels like there's a watermelon in there. After I use the bathroom whether it's 1 or 2 (sorry), it feels like I got a ton of relief but then my stomach feels larger. I don't know what to do!

Comment from: Quita, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 22

I've had this abdominal pain on my right side (mid-point, seems right below my rib cage). I have no clue what it is but it's been hurting for 6 weeks.

Comment from: May, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

I have a feeling that my organs in my lower abdomen are going to burst when I sit down, and have pain in my left groin. I feel terrible pressure on my pelvic area. I am being referred to gynecologist, I wonder what is causing my abdominal pain.

Comment from: Sandra, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 15

I have pain in my stomach and the runs. It really gets bad, it takes at least four days before I start to feel better. I wonder what it could be. I have been throwing up at least once a month. The abdominal pain feels like a very strong gas pain and it makes me want to cry.

Comment from: Molly, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 15

I have had lower abdominal pain, nausea, no appetite, and bloated tummy for a week.

Comment from: Randy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 07

It hurts so bad that I am just doubled over trying to hold my stomach in and trying not to breathe to take away the abdominal pain. It hurts in my back, lower back and the whole stomach area, just feels like it is on fire.

Comment from: Steph, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 31

I have not been able to use the bathroom, and now I'm getting these big pains in my stomach. It's been 7 days with the abdominal pain. I do not have any pelvic or vaginal issues, I have already been to the doctor, so I don't know what the problem is.

Comment from: pr Patel , 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: July 25

I have abdominal pain since 3 days. I have to go to the toilet often.

Comment from: tami, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 24

I have sharp pain like gas then in my left side of my abdomen when I use the bathroom. I feel like I am dying before I am done. I am a female. I roll up in a ball but it's no help, being straight out helps a little when the pressure is off.

Comment from: Ronda, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 19

I am a 44 year old female. I have constant dull ache in my lower abdomen plus sharp pain shooting from left shoulder down to my leg.

Comment from: Mary , 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 02

I have pain in my stomach more on the left side. I get night sweats but I am cold. I also have nausea; not feeling well at all, I don't know what is going on.

Comment from: BJ, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 14

I have had dull pain in lower right abdomen for over 7 days. Movement makes pain worse, I have some tenderness over area, and pain is constant.

Comment from: ttaylor, 45-54 (Patient) Published: January 05

I have just started taking see Suboxone, and since taking it I have been having severe upper abdominal cramps. I am wondering if this medication is causing this.

Comment from: Di, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 29

I started with a burning pain in my upper thighs when I had been on my feet for a while, then it is a severe pain in my lower stomach or pelvic area. I have a hard time walking especially up steps. It is very painful and I am having a hard time functioning. But sitting or lying down stops it.

Medically reviewed by John A. Daller, MD; American Board of Surgery with subspecialty certification in surgical critical care

REFERENCE:

Kasper, D.L., et al., eds. Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 19th Ed. United States: McGraw-Hill Education, 2015.