Acid Reflux (GERD)

What medical treatments have been effective in treating your case of GERD or acid reflux? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: sheila, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 05

My doctor sent me for allergy testing. I gave up. I did not think it was true. Then I tried over the counter medicines and different prescription drugs. Nothing worked. I am continuously coughing and have to clear my throat nonstop. I have had reflux (GERD) for 26 years. For the last 5 to 7 years I have been taking metoclopramide hydrochloride 10 mg once a day. This medicine worked! Important thing is you cannot take this tablet everyday though. You have to follow doctor's directions. This was the only tablet that has helped me and I need to take it forever. Hope this medication helps someone.

Comment from: Rita, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 23

I have been taking ranitidine for GERD for several years and would like to stop.

Medically reviewed by John A. Daller, MD; American Board of Surgery with subspecialty certification in surgical critical care

NIH. Digestive Diseases Statistics for the United States. Nov 2014.
<https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-statistics/digestive-diseases>

Patti, MG, MD. "Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease." Medscape. Updated: Oct 17, 2017.
<https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/176595-overview>