Allergic Reaction

What was the treatment for your allergic reaction? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: meadow girl, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 23

I am not sure what the trigger was. I had a chicken soft taco, steak soft taco fresco style. Later I ate sunflower seeds, about an hour later I started itching around my mid abdomen, it then spread to the rest of my body, all except my hands and feet. I went to the Dr. got Steroids. After one day it got worse, my tongue would swell; I went back and got an extra dose of prednisone. Also got hydroxyzine hcl for itching with the Benadryl. Now I hope this works, need to go to an allergist and figure out the antigen.

Comment from: Red, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 07

I had an allergic reaction to that raspberry ketones supplement. I itched all over my shin felt like a chemical burn. I developed a bleeding rash on my arms ankles back stomach shoulders and head. I went to the doctor and was given prednisone for six days starting with six tablets. It still wasn't cleared so I had another course. I just finished yesterday still having some itching but it's not near as bad as it was.

Comment from: smf1977, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 23

My father has had several episodes now of his lip top or bottom, swelling up after eating certain types of candy. It appears to be localized and goes down eventually.

Comment from: Cro75, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

I just moved into a new place and have a cat. My eyes were very itchy then my throat, ears, head, private, palms of hands. My eyes got so swollen they practically shut. I started wheezing and I got dizzy and panicky. I went to ER and they gave me an IV with Benadryl. The eye puffiness went away after a few hrs. I was in ER for 8 hrs. They monitored me to make sure the reaction stopped. Next day I was alright until nighttime, then under my eyes became puffy and red.

Comment from: kjoy, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 14

I had my nails done at a salon three days ago. The following morning I developed tiny little blisters all around my nail beds. I went back to the salon to have the nails taken off. They cut them down and took off as much of the gel that they could get without damaging my nails any further. The blisters are still there. Fingers are very sore and swollen.

Comment from: Flygirl, 45-54 (Patient) Published: March 17

I drank some orange juice with my blood pressure pill that I have been drinking all week and the right side of my lower lip swelled. I normally have this reaction if I eat strawberries.

• Allergic Reaction - Symptoms

What were the symptoms and signs of your allergic reaction?

Post View 33 Comments
  • Allergic Reaction - Experience

Please describe your experience with an allergic reaction.

Post View 11 Comments
  • Allergic Reaction - Home Remedies

Have any home remedies been effective for your allergic reaction(s)?

Post
  • Allergic Reaction - Drug Allergy

Have you ever had an allergic reaction to a drug?

Post View 3 Comments
  • Allergic Reaction - Testing

Did you have testing to confirm which substances cause your allergic reactions?

Post View 1 Comment

"Allergy Facts and Figures." Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. <http://www.aafa.org/page/allergy-facts.aspx>.

Bielory, Leonard. "Complementary and Alternative Therapies for Allergic Rhinitis and Conjunctivitis." UptoDate.com. Mar. 2016. <http://www.uptodate.com/contents/
complementary-and-alternative-therapies-for-allergic-rhinitis-and-conjunctivitis?source=search_result&search=allergies+
acupuncture&selectedTitle=
2~150#H15106287>.

"Death from Anaphylaxis Is a Reassuringly Unusual Outcome." Dec. 13, 2013. American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology. <https://www.aaaai.org/global/latest-research-summaries/Current-JACI-Research/death-anaphylaxis>.

"Eye Allergy." American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. <http://acaai.org/allergies/types/eye-allergies>.

Holloway, J.W., I.A. Yang, and S.T. Holgate. "Genetics of Allergic Disease." J Allergy Clin Immunol 125(2 Suppl 2) Feb. 2010: S81-94.

"Oral Allergy Syndrome." American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. <http://acaai.org/allergies/types/food-allergies/types-food-allergy/oral-allergy-syndrome>.

"Wheat Allergy." American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. <http://acaai.org/allergies/types/food-allergies/types-food-allergy/wheat-gluten-allergy>.