Anatomy of the Digestive System: Digestion is the process in which food is broken into smaller pieces so the body can use them to build and nourish cells and provide energy. The digestive system is comprised of the mouth and salivary glands, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, and large intestine.
Must Read Articles:
Expert Views and News
- Too Many Hot Chips a Recipe for Stomach Trouble?
- Few Studies on Probiotics Assess Potential Harms
- Bariatric Surgery Only Partly Fixes Gut Flora
- The Rise of the Do-It-Yourself Fecal Transplant
- Discovered Tribe's Bacteria May Point to Our Past
- Cholbam Treats Rare Bile Acid Synthesis Disorders
- What Is Your Gut Telling You?