Anemia

For anemia, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Luebby, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I have a medical condition that sometimes leads to anemia. The last time I needed an infusion it was delayed almost three months, and my symptoms were dizziness, headaches, feeling cold and weak, and overall extremely tired. It got to the point where I fell asleep sitting up, and that was a couple weeks before the infusion.

Comment from: SarahJane, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 05

I went for a blood test and that's how I found out that I have anemia. I ended up having a blood transfusion [four pints of blood altogether]. I was losing way too much blood whenever my period returned. I suspected something was wrong for years, but just thought that losing large amounts of blood while having a monthly period was normal, but not so. I did think that my periods were a bit too heavy. The tiredness first thing on a morning is absolutely heartbreaking. Can't even describe it.

Comment from: Seniors For Fairness, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 05

I am dizzy, weak, shaking, unsteady gait, light headed, and fell 3 times. I have anemia, a low blood count of 9. According to the doctor, they want me to do iron infusions. I read that the FDA is asking doctors to take caution with Feraheme with seniors now. That is what they ordered for me and it is frightening. The fear of falling is constantly on my mind, considering I am 72 and falling could be disastrous. I don't do much anymore due to this situation.

Comment from: Marie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 11

I have just recently been diagnosed with anemia, following nearly 3 weeks of heavy bleeding after being on Depo-Provera injection for over 5 years with no problems. My hemoglobin (UK) was down to 83, which the doctor said was close to needing transfusion. I have been taking iron tablets for nearly 2 weeks and feeling slightly better but so achy and still very tired most times, although I do find it hard to get off to sleep first. I am having a scan in a few days to see if they can see if anything started it off.

Comment from: JLH, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

I was just diagnosed with anemia 2 months ago, and my iron was an 8. My symptoms are dizziness, feeling weak, light-headed, heart palpitations and now anxiety, which makes my other symptoms worse. I've been taking 325 mg of iron supplements 3 times a day for two months now. My iron is now at 11 but my symptoms are still there and constant. And the anxiety is getting worse. Wonder if anyone else gets anxiety as one of your symptoms. This is something I've never dealt with before.

Comment from: No name, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

I went to the doctor and I've been told I had low iron but just about low normal hemoglobin as well, so I took 20 mg iron for a few days, but I felt weird. I had panic attacks, then I stopped iron and started just multivitamins. I still feel so worried a lot of times but I notice I feel better when I eat more meat. I haven't been for another iron check, I'm about to go soon, so hopefully I didn't do something bad to myself with taking these 20 mg of iron with normal hemoglobin and low iron.

Comment from: Peggy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 25

My face breaks out, and I feel dizzy when standing, with no energy because if anemia.

Comment from: BabyA, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

After two years of heavy cycles, I was diagnosed with anemia. My iron levels are below 8, when the normal ranges from 12 to 15. I am tired all the time, have trouble with cognitive thinking, weakness in both muscles and joints, and no libido. The cognitive thinking and constant sleepiness bother me most. I am struggling to do daily activities well, and get very little sleep.

Comment from: Roberta, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 14

Two days after hip replacement I needed several units of blood. After going home from hospital I began IV iron for very low iron. My blood count rose to 11 plus. Just had another blood test and iron levels are rising but blood count dropped by 4 points! I’ve never been anemic prior to this. They’re sending me to hematologists now. I just want to not feel exhausted and out of breath anymore.

Comment from: Aberry88 , 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 27

I have fainted a few times. Once I had to go to the emergency room because I hit my head really hard against the counter. Because I was so weak from anemia, I ended up needing a blood transfusion. There was also another time where I needed a blood transfusion because I was bleeding heavily. I get really bad headaches and migraines. I feel weak a lot, very exhausted and dizzy, nauseous and out of breath. In the past I'd get really cold for no reason. I also get bad anxiety attacks from my anemia.

SLIDESHOW

Understanding Cancer: Metastasis, Stages of Cancer, and More See Slideshow
Comment from: Michelle, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 23

I get severe anemia from heavy menstrual cycles, and have had to get blood transfusions. I'm extremely tired yet can only sleep a couple hours at a time. My heart races in my chest and I have a constant ringing in my ears. My arms and legs ache while my hands and feet hurt. I get dizzy when I stand or walk and I'm out of breath easily. I'm moody and want to stay in bed but I can't because my body hurts and it makes me restless. I have no appetite yet crave plain popcorn. I can't focus or remember stuff.

Comment from: Person one, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 18

I get hot and clammy from anemia. My hands shake and I have no strength. I get dizzy or a headache. I go pale; sometimes so much that my lips go blue. I usually throw up but when I was younger, I would pass out. This can happen if I change my diet or push myself too much.

Comment from: Eve, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I went to my general physician with weakness and he told me it was health anxiety because of recent grief. I am now at my lowest; housebound and depressed. And they found out in hospital that my iron was 89, and I am now going for infusion. I feel so let down with the system. I have no energy, palpitations, dizziness, and weakness in my limbs. I feel so lost. I tried the iron pills but they made me feel sick. Wonder if anybody else suffers weak limbs. My anxiety has reached high levels over all this.

Comment from: Denise, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 27

I have been losing a lot of blood for years now. I had a scan about a year ago, I have internal hemorrhoids. The thing is I have just learnt to live with it, but just last 2 weeks I have been short of breath and feeling dizzy, and starting to get bit worried if I have anemia. I’m going to make an appointment with the doctor just in case I’m anemic through blood loss.

Comment from: jenny, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 27

My husband has been seeing his doctor for several months, suffering with anemia. He was told that he is not iron deficient and his B12 levels are fine. He has had several tests including, cameras, scans, MRIs, etc., all of which have come back normal. His doctor even took advice from the hematologist at the local hospital who recommended some specialized tests which he had but again they came back normal. He suffers with fibromyalgia and this can be painful but says this feels different.

Comment from: Scuzie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 13

My symptoms of anemia were fatigue, shortness of breath, dry and pale skin, hair loss, and muscle aches. A blood test showed my red blood cell count was 2.91 and hemoglobin was 6.3. Additional tests showed my iron saturation to be 3 percent. I take 325 mg ferrous sulfate 3 times a day. The iron made me feel better but I had to stop for tests to check for internal bleed and now I feel bad again. The iron does work.

Comment from: Coffeebookgirl, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 06

The weirdest thing with my anemia was my throat became excessively scratchy when I swallowed food and actually I could eat very little because of the pain. I had many tests done and nothing was found. I had restless legs, my gums became red, I had a burning mouth and couldn't eat anything spicy. After 10 months my iron was checked and it was 2 and hemoglobin 7.7. I took iron for 5 days and I was able to eat again. Since I've quit taking iron one ear has started ringing. Wondering if I'm low again.

Comment from: Alex, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 02

It was recommended I take an iron supplement for anemia when I was 16 and it wasn't until I was 25 I started. I was always tired, accompanied by a headache and mental fog. I felt like I was dragging through the day. I've been taking Hema-Plex for about 3 months now and the first thing I noticed was mental clarity. It felt like I could think very quickly, at least comparatively. Then I felt like I could do things after work instead of wanting to go straight home.

Comment from: Rae, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 16

Recently I was told I am anemic (I'm a 26-year-old female). I also have epilepsy. I'm on medication for both. I noticed something was off when I got lightheaded and confused and what really set me off to see a doctor was when my body would shake uncontrollably (not at all similar to my seizure shakes). They told me I had next to no iron in my blood. I'm 3 months into the iron pills and just a few minutes ago I got those same body shakes. I cried because I also have anxiety.

Comment from: S ue, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 28

Fatigue was my symptom of anemia.

QUESTION

Sickle cell disease is named after a farming tool. See Answer
Comment from: Leehmon, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 18

I’m 27 and I’m at 132 pounds. I have been diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia and clearly I’m eating well but I do have heavy periods so the doctors say maybe that’s the reason. I have been taking the green iron tablets prescribed by my doctor. I wake up at 6 am and by the time it’s 8 to 9 pm I am so exhausted and sleepy, I can’t stay up even if I tried, it literally interrupts my life. I went on vacation and didn’t enjoy the night life because I was in bed by 10 the latest.

Comment from: Norma, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 05

I was a 6 1/2 month born premature baby. I was born in 1955 with birth-related damage. When I was younger, I had anemia and I would have problems with iron levels dropping so low that I felt weak and faint. A few months ago, the hemoglobin levels were a 10. I went to the cancer center and I was given two iron infusions. Last week, they took blood for testing. There is possibility of alpha or beta thalassemia.

Comment from: Dolphin girl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I passed out and have had a clammy feeling. Also a weak feeling. I also am diabetic and anemic. It is crazy. I have neuropathy too.

Comment from: Karyn J, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I was diagnosed as anemic when I was around 18, so a little over 30 years ago. At the time I didn't have any symptoms (I thought, though I had had pica syndrome (ice) most of my life and tired was normal), the doctor told me to take iron and I did for a little bit but I didn't see it as a problem that needed sustained attention. I've battled this my whole life but didn't know it. I didn't understand that it was leaving me weak all the time, that feeling exhausted in the morning wasn't normal. I thought everything had to do with me being fat, and undisciplined, so I exercised and dieted to no avail, couldn't maintain the exercise because doing it consistently on untreated anemia just left me with long periods of feeling exhausted between exercise and often times sugar and caffeine is what kept me going. I never took treatment seriously because I couldn't wrap my mind around anemia being the source of the problem. I finally started focusing on the problem and understanding the condition and following my doctor's recommendations. I have to constantly remind myself that this is a disease that I need to treat even though 90 percent of the time I feel fine (though exhausted) and remind myself how much I've circumscribed my life to accommodate the exhaustion that part of me sees as 'no big deal'. I have a short term 3 month goal of taking my supplements consistently and not slacking off and that's all I'm focused on right now. I so want to be able to be that person who gets up at 5:00 a.m. and doesn't stop doing things until 10 pm that night, instead of the person who gets everything they need to do done between 7 and 9 because after that they need to lie down.

Comment from: Yayaboo, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 27

I have chronic anemia. However, after heavy menstrual bleeding for 25 days, I fell under the extreme anemic category. I was .9 away from a transfusion. My symptoms at their worst were inability to get out of bed, dizziness even while sitting and while walking, legs felt like I was walking through water, struggled with cognitive thinking, could not focus my eyes, and always felt like I had run a marathon or two every day. I have been taking 90 mg of iron for about two weeks now and some symptoms have lessened but none is gone. Some days are still really rough I can barely get through the day. Good luck to all.

Comment from: Dailee, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 13

Before I was diagnosed with anemia, I only began to think something was wrong with me when my fingers starting shaking when I pointed them or my hand shook when I held my hand out. I thought it was a little weird, I felt out of breath when walking up stairs because my weight was considered low normal range and I didn't have asthma.

Comment from: Rivaldo45, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 08

I have pounding heart that I can hear in my ears. I am tired, moody and weak because of anemia. I have no sleep and headaches (migraines).

Comment from: Angel face, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 06

I was anemic for many years, it runs in the family. The symptoms are terribly dry skin, weakness in knees and back, cold hands and feet, cold when most people feel normal, and heart palpitations at times. I was taking Slow Fe over the counter iron supplement, then doctor prescribed Corvite. This didn't help, then I started to search for natural treatment. Blackstrap molasses help somewhat but I was still feeling the weakness as well as the other symptoms. But one thing I must admit, the molasses work better than a pain killer for the PMS (premenstrual syndrome) pain but the big break came when I discovered Jing herbs. What was affecting me almost all my life, was gone in almost one day. I couldn't believe, I had to go up and down the stairs to see if the weakness was gone and everyday my body is feeling better. When the guy said to me take 3 capsules on empty stomach twice a day I didn't believe it would work. I thought maybe it was another waste of money but thank goodness I had the strength to hold on till it worked.

Comment from: amanda, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 29

I have had symptoms of anemia for a year and have now finally been diagnosed after numerous general physician visits. I am always tired, dizzy, with weak heavy legs, light headed and get head rushes, chest pain and hair loss. This got worse over time. I am now starting iron tablets and B12 shots. Hope it works.

Comment from: Lori Ramirez, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 02

My dad is 72 and is worried that he lost so much weight in one month. He is off a green iron supplement for anemia, I am not sure if he is supposed to keep taking it. He lost 30 pounds in a month, and he worries a lot. He lost my mom and two brothers and he doesn't like to leave his house.

Comment from: Rhonda , 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 24

I found out I was anemic after seeking medical care for chronic heavy bleeding during periods. My symptoms have included dizziness, heart palpitations, fatigue, and shortness of breath. Currently, my blood count is 9. I'm concerned that it may drop lower before my surgery, and I may need a transfusion. I've also had ice cravings and frequent headaches.

Comment from: Female (Patient) Published: October 07

I went to my doctor for a physical and found out I was anemic. It explains the reason I came home from a business trip absolutely exhausted. I could not move the next day. Also I have had two terrible dizzy spells in the past three months that have knocked me off my feet. I thought all these symptoms were caused by stress or even depression. I am looking forward to getting it "fixed" so I feel better and get my energy back.

I saw my Dr.2 months ago- my primary complaint was dizziness. She sent me to an ENT and to see my ophthalmologist - all results were fine. I had also complained of headaches, palpitations and incredible fatigue. (If I do not set an alarm I will sleep for 12 hours and then drag myself around) She never checked my blood. Two months later, still suffering all of the above symptoms plus an incredible craving for ice, dry mouth and a tongue that felt like sandpaper( I had also lost 8 pounds) I went for a routine CBC related to upcoming outpatient surgery (unrelated)they discovered a Hgb of 9.2. No wonder I didn't feel well.

It has been a couple of months that I have been feeling that I was running a low grade fever, was very weak and tired, I was always suffering from a headache and I felt very irritable. I went to my doctor and he told me it was stress. It wasn't until I asked him to refer me to a dermatologist, because I had been noticing a lot of hair loss and tiny red dots on my skin, that I was told that my count was 7. It has been two and a half months now and I have been taking Palafer (and iron supplement) with orange juice (Vitamin C helps absorption of iron) and I still don't feel my usual self. I still have the weakness and dizziness and my hair won't stop shedding which is now a big concern for me.

Comment from: Jdunn , 55-64 (Patient) Published: October 24

I wonder if the doctor can tell how long you've been suffering anemia. They said years, a bit vague. After the first treatment after 39 years of problems, they finally took some blood test. Anemic for years was his words; after years of being told I was imaging things. Many organs now broke.

Comment from: cammy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 18

I am 44 years old. I've been severely anemic since having gastric bypass surgery. I'm constantly tired and eat ice all the time!! I can never seem to get enough sleep. My fiance and I would like to try and have a baby.

Comment from: Mojo77, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 06

My hair is falling out excessively and I'm always tired!!!

Comment from: DKLane, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 03

I was diagnosed with anemia when I was in my 20's. I am now 59 and still have the problem, even though I'm taking a prescription iron medication. My family practitioner just recently sent me to an internist who has referred me to a hematologist. I sleep at least 12 hours a day and take cat naps throughout, but I have no ice cravings, or excessive fatigue. I eat a lot of chocolate and sweets. No alcohol though.

Comment from: mompop, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 01

I feel very tired all the time, like I just don't get enough sleep. I push myself to do the everyday chores I used to do. I noticed when I go walking my chest hurts and body aches. I've been getting shortness of breath I breathe in and I start coughing. I wake up at night my hands and feet like a tingling, itching sensation. I'm constantly eating ice. I eat it all day.

Comment from: anemic in birmingham, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 08

I am severely anemic, I have very heavy cycles; I get extremely tired, cold and crave ice most of the time. I recently started seeing a hematologist about a month ago and my iron was less than one so he suggested iron infusions, I have to have this treatment every two weeks. I also experience headaches, shortness of breath, feeling irritable, and unable to sleep. I had my third iron infusion a week ago and I feel like my old self most of the time, meaning I feel much better. This still worries me. I hope one day I can go without the iron infusions.

Comment from: Kathy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 08

As well as being tired and lethargic, I found walking difficult it’s like yr muscles seize up. I also know when I get anemic because I crave ice. Lots of ice and crunch my way through loads of the stuff.

Comment from: 1tiredrt, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 04

I have been anemic off and on for years. Have been diagnosed with mild Crohn's disease and have had chronic diarrhea for a long time. My symptoms have been Exhaustion, feeling cold, no interest in anything, can barely work an 8 hour day and I sleep more than anyone should. I can't say I am depressed. I am just so tired all the time. Finally my doctor checked my iron, now I am scheduled for B12 monthly shots. We'll see if I feel any better soon.

Comment from: nicole l, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 28

I was diagnosed with anemia I’m always tired even when I get sufficient amounts of sleep. My eyes are dark like dark circles and they never seem to go away.

Comment from: luvinia, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 15

I always had anemia but, 5 months ago I suffered severe blood loss due to heavy bleeding. I had to get 4 bags of blood. Symptoms during that time were dizzy spells, fatigue, sweats,chills, headaches, chest pain, tingling hands and feet, cold feet, pale hands and feet, swollen ankles, temporary memory and weight loss. I also ate ice all day long and (sad to say for some reason) I craved baby powder. This condition can be life-threatening and can cause very uncomfortable symptoms if it’s left untreated.

Comment from: mohamina, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 08

Having anemia really slowed me down. I found out I was anemic after I donated blood. The doctor told me of my condition and sent me along with a prescription of multivitamins. I am now in college, and it hurts to walk as much as I do. I often feel faint or dizzy, and other than that, I have noticed that I am starting to bruise very easily. Also, I crave the strangest things such as ice and I have been having excruciatingly painful headaches. I am taking iron pills, which are working, however slowly.

Comment from: vas, Female (Patient) Published: November 05

I was always tired, sleepy, dizzy, thirsty, frequent urge to empty the bladder, loss of appetite or feeling full after a very small meal, but rapidly gaining weight. My count was 6.7 and three weeks ago I ended up in the emergency room and had a blood transfusion of three units, and they are trying to find the reason. Also, I have very heavy periods and my last period lasted for 45 days.

Comment from: jgbartontx, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 30

I am anemic and some of the symptoms I have had are, craving ice, being very tired, having no strength at all, heart skipping beats and getting out of breath. My red blood cell numbers were 8.5. I had to have a blood transfusion and now they are trying to find the cause of the anemia.

Comment from: needtocope, 25-34 Male Published: October 28

Three months ago my life changed. My ability to function on a daily basis stopped. I was constantly tired and in need of sleep. I could not function enough to run my small business. I had to get the help of others so my business would not suffer. The doctor told me my blood count was slightly low and all I needed was some iron pills. I've been taking them for the last two months. I started to feel better to the point now where I only feel fatigued twice a weak or so rather than every day. Although it is helping physically, it is not helping the mental shut down that I feel on those two days that I feel physically tired.

Comment from: TEE, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 19

Symptoms I’ve experienced with anemia are dizziness, headaches, weakness weight loss and cough.

Comment from: Mel, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 12

I was helping my husband on the job and I came home and kinda crashed. I wanted to sleep non-stop. I couldn't breathe, I was dizzy and I had a migraine. My hair was falling out and I had very dry skin. I thought I was seriously coming down with something. I ended up in the emergency room, the next thing you know I was getting a blood transfusion. My Hgb was 7 and my iron level was zero, I was also having heart palpitations. I ended up with 4 units of blood and my level was only 11 when I was released from the hospital. That was 9 months ago and my levels have dropped again to 6. It's just an ongoing battle thats always present.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 12

I started to get very dizzy, lightheaded, can't get enough sleep even if I sleep 8 hours a day, I don't want to get up in the mornings. I feel very depressed. My level dropped from 10.2 to 9.8 and I need to get on iron supplements. I have always been anemic, but amazingly enough when it drops a couple of points, I can really feel it. I have been anemic all my life, and I just need to be on iron therapy. Tandem and Tandem F really work with me as it does not upset my stomach as they are capsules.

Comment from: sandra, 75 or over Female Published: February 12

My mother has got anemia and is very weak and tired all the time, one off her feet has gone numb and is cold all the time. The doctor said this was a symptom.

Comment from: marie, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 03

When I was in high school I started to dislike all of the things I had once loved, dance, basketball, getting good grades, etc. My grades dropped and I thought I was depressed. Then my hair was thinning and people started telling me they could see through my hair to my scalp. I got sick and became almost delusional so my mom took me to the hospital. My iron count was a 4 - due to bleeding. My hair had mostly fallen out by then, I’d lost interest in everything, and my heart had a murmur. I received 2 iron transfusions and now have to take iron every day.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 01

I found out I had anemia a few years ago. I was only 16 when I found out. I was tired all the time, I could sleep 12 hours and still sleep really good that night. I was always cold no matter how hot it was outside. When I stood up I would get dizzy and kind of black out. I was always sick with something also. I went to the doctor for it and my blood count was 3. Later on my doctor found out my body has problems storing or absorbing iron so I'll have to take an iron pill everyday.

Comment from: fym, 45-54 Female Published: January 20

I just found out at a routine physical that I was dangerously anemic. My blood count was 25 and iron "saturation level" 13-14%. I am 53 and have experienced heavy menstrual cycles for the last 9-12 months. No real symptoms but looking back I realize that I have been fixated on chewing ice. I have been putting it into all beverages and couldn't seem to get enough (last 3 months). Also, some chills and maybe sleeping a little more. I am starting on iron supplements as well as Vitamins C, B-complex and D. This hasn't affected my tennis or walking so I guess my body has compensated. I will update later.

Comment from: Selma, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 14

My blood count currently is 5. I've been anaemic for years. I suffer from terrible headaches, light headedness, heart beat rising, out of breath even when I walk floor up with the stairs. My skin is pale. My stools are black and I always have constipation due to iron tablets. My body doesn't want to absorb any iron at all. I have heavy menstrual bleedings. I don't know if this is due to iron problems but my body takes up to months to heal these days. Example if I have a wound, it takes months to heal.

Comment from: Anemic., 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: December 28

When I had anemia I suffered loss of sleep, fainting, craving of ice cubes (which I found out later held iron in). That was some of it. I got the iron supplement "slow fe" which showed fabulous results.

Comment from: anemicperson, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 15

I had a peculiar experience; I began to feel dizzy. Then I got very chilly and could not stop shivering, no matter how many layers I wore, even wool. Then I began to get hot and feverish. The doctor said it was a case of anemia brought on by a combination of hemorrhoids and bleeding during my menstrual cycle. This has since happened twice and I did not go to the doctor the next two times because it coincided with the hemorrhoid problem. I now self-treat myself according to what the doctor said --- plenty of iron-rich foods, as well as leafy veggies to avoid another painful hemorrhoid bout. I hope I'm doing the right thing.

Comment from: sandra, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I found out I am anemic fours ago. I was craving ice, breathless, fatigued, constipated, and hemorrhoidal. It all was very serious. My problem now is I am not even taking care of it because I am scared of constipation. After reading all these comments, I really need help.

Comment from: AliVamp, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: November 20

I have cold and pail skin, lightheaded, fatigue, shortness of breath and chest pains sometimes. Other than that I have no other symptoms. My mother says i had it as a child also, but it went away.

Comment from: anemia, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I am 22 years old. My problem is I always get easily tired and my body temperature heats up suddenly. This problem makes my body weak after doing any activities.

CONTINUE SCROLLING FOR RELATED SLIDESHOW