Antibiotics (Side Effects, List, Types)

What side effects have you encountered while on antibiotics? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Reporter 54 , 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 24

I had Ciplox allergies - rashes on sensitive skin parts, especially, where cuts were taken even 40 years ago (removal of penis foreskin, and holes made for laparoscopic surgery). The rashes spread, and I had painful burning. The doctor prescribed tablets for allergies and ointment Betnovate.

Comment from: Honeybum, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: December 27

It started out as cellulitis, I was prescribed antibiotics and they did not work. I was referred to another doctor who prescribed a different antibiotic. I ended up taking all the antibiotics in the old group and was then started on the new ones. None of them worked and I had severe side effects; severe upset stomach and the cellulitis got worse with blisters on my legs. I was on the antibiotics for over two years. I asked to get off them but the doctors went through great lengths to keep me on them. The side effects were so bad I refused to take them. I've been left with bad pain when I eat, and upset stomach no matter what I eat. I think the use of antibiotics should be strictly limited because they line the pharmacists' pockets and the so called doctors' pockets too.

Comment from: NettieRN46, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 03

I was receiving chemotherapy and radiation. I now have Helicobacter pylori. The medication that I am taking is horrible. Metrazole, clarithromycin, and omeprazole are what I am taking for 14 days. I am on day 4. I take twice a day.

REFERENCE:FDA Prescribing Information.