Viewer Comments: Aortic Aneurysm - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Aortic Aneurysm:

Aortic Aneurysm - Experience

Please share your experience with aortic aneurysm.

Comment from: BookerT, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 14

I have been told I need aortic aneurysm surgery right away. Leading up to this, I had excruciating pain in my left flank. I went to my internist who told me to see my heart doctor, and he told me my heart was good. I then went to a lung doctor who told me I had COPD, and treated me but told me this pain is not associated. Then the pain was not going away even after treatment, so I saw a kidney doctor. After two lithotripsies I was still having the stones, so I saw a new kidney doctor who found the aneurysm. For heaven's sakes I saw it on the screen after asking for a copy of the CT scan; I don't understand why doctors don't look at the entire CT scan. Now they tell me this pain might not go away because it may not be associated. I also made one emergency trip to the hospital thinking it was a heart attack. I'm thinking that pain is definitely associated with the aneurysm. But to have to go through this surgery and then still endure the pain, I'm feeling very unsure of what to do.

Comment from: Claire, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 11

I feel I had an aortic aneurysm as I had a brain bleed and a severe stroke at 36; I am now 41. All my life I had a pulse in my belly button but I thought it was normal, and I thought everyone had one. My first diagnosis was an arteriovenous malformation (AVM). Then three years later they said it was not an AVM. But after my brain hemorrhage and severe right sided stroke I feel from research that it was an aortic aneurysm as I have not had a pulse in my belly button since my disability. I know doctors and consultants know their jobs, I believe through research that it was an aortic aneurysm as I am severely disabled and I have no use of my right side at all.

Comment from: huckleberry10, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 07

I am a 57 year old male, just found out I have an aortic aneurysm, told it was 4.8 cm. I am going to see a specialist today, June 6, 2016, wish me luck.

Must Read Articles Related to Aortic Aneurysm

Abdominal Pain (Adults)
Abdominal Pain in Adults Abdominal pain in adults can range from a mild stomach ache to severe pain. Examples of causes of abdominal pain in adults include learn more >>
Blood Clots
Blood Clots Blood is supposed to clot to help repair a blood vessel that is injured. Clots or thrombi become a problem when they form inappropriately. There are a variety o...learn more >>
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2)
Diabetes (Mellitus, Type 1 and Type 2) There are two types of diabetes, type 1 (insulin dependent), and type 2 (non-insulin dependent). learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Aortic Aneurysm:

Aortic Aneurysm - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your aortic aneurysm?

Aortic Aneurysm - Causes

What was the cause of your aortic aneurysm, or that of a friend of family member if known.

Aortic Aneurysm - Surger

Please share your experience with aortic aneurysm and surgery.

Atrial Fibrillation Slideshow