Arthritis is a joint disorder featuring inflammation. A joint is an area of the body where two bones meet. A joint functions to allow movement of the body parts it connects. Arthritis literally means inflammation of one or more joints. Arthritis is frequently accompanied by joint pain. Joint pain is referred to as arthralgia. Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system attacks the joints.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Arthritis related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Arthritis Related Resources
- Lupus (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus)
- What's the Difference Between Arthritis and Osteoarthritis?
- What Is the Main Cause of Osteoarthritis?
- Raynaud's Syndrome
- What Is Osteoarthritis Pain Like?
- What Is the Main Cause of Arthritis?
- How Do I Get Rid of Bursitis in My Shoulder?
- What Is Lupus Nephritis?
- Are Lupus and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus the Same?
- How Can I Relieve Carpal Tunnel Pain?
- Are Lupus and Lupus Anticoagulant the Same?
- Can GBS Start in Fingers?
- How Is Radial Nerve Palsy Treated?
- Can Wrist Drop Be Cured?
- golimumab (Simponi, Simponi Aria, Simponi SmartJect) (Simponi, Simponi SmartJect)
- febuxostat (Uloric) (Uloric)
- milnacipran (Savella, Savella Titration Pack)
- abatacept (Orencia, Orencia ClickJect, Orencia Prefilled Syringe) (Orencia)
- pregabalin (Lyrica, Lyrica CR) (Lyrica)
- hyaluronan (Hymovis, Monovisc, Orthovisc) (Orthovisc)
- adalimumab (Humira, Humira Pediatric, Humira Pediatric Crohn''s Disease Prefill Syringe Start Pack) (Humira, Humira Pen, Humira Pen Crohn's Disease Starter Package)
- anakinra (Kineret) (Kineret)
- diclofenac topical (Aspercreme Arthritis Pain, Pennsaid, Rexaphenac) (Flector Patch, Solaraze, Voltaren Topical)
- meloxicam (oral/injection) (Anjeso, Mobic, Qmiiz ODT) (Mobic)
- cevimeline (Evoxac) (Evoxac)
- devil''s claw
- chondroitin and glucosamine (Cosamin DS, Osteo Bi-Flex, Osteo Bi-Flex Double Strength and more)
- chondroitin (OptiFlex-C)
Arthritis Images and Slideshows
- The 4 Best Spices and Herbs to Fight Inflammation
- Signs of Chronic Inflammation You May Not Expect
- Tips for Healthy Joints: Exercise, Nutrition, & More
- Arthritis: Reasons Why Your Hips Hurt
- Best Exercises for Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Healthy Aging: Ways to Fight the Aging Process
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Exercises: Joint-Friendly Workouts
- Gout Attack Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Diet
- Arthritis: Ways to Ease Hip Pain
- Knee Pain: 8 Exercises to Help Your Knees
- Lyme Disease Symptoms, Rash, Treatments
- Arthritis: Supplements for Joint Pain
- Lupus Symptoms, Rash, and Treatment
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: RA Food Myths and Facts
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Alternative RA Therapies
- How Long Can a Person Live with Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- RA Drug Shortage Continues as Pandemic Wears On
- FDA Authorizes Arthritis Drug Combo for COVID-19
- Eli Lilly's Rheumatoid Arthritis Drug Accelerates Recovery in COVID-19 Patients
- Knee Injury in Youth Increases Osteoarthritis Risk
- Knee, Hip Steroid Injections May Speed Joint Damage in Some Patients
- Is Psoriatic Arthritis Considered a Disability?
- What Happens if You Don't Treat Carpal Tunnel?
- Is Carpal Tunnel Permanent?
- What Will Happen if Arthritis Is Left Untreated?
- What Is the Most Effective Painkiller for Arthritis?
- What Is the Safest Drug for Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Is Coffee Bad for Arthritis?
- Is RA a Progressive Disease?
- Is Walking Good for Osteoarthritis?