Arthritis is a joint disorder featuring inflammation. A joint is an area of the body where two bones meet. A joint functions to allow movement of the body parts it connects. Arthritis literally means inflammation of one or more joints. Arthritis is frequently accompanied by joint pain. Joint pain is referred to as arthralgia. Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system attacks the joints.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Arthritis related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Arthritis Related Resources
- How Do You Know You Have Frozen Shoulder?
- Systemic Scleroderma
- Heel Spurs
- What Does It Mean If the Side of Your Kneecap Hurts?
- Lupus (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus)
- How Quickly Does Lupus Nephritis Progress?
- How Do You Treat a Sprained Sternoclavicular Joint?
- Bone Spurs
- Spinal Stenosis
- Hip Pain
- How Do I Get Rid of Bursitis in My Knee?
- Avascular Necrosis
- golimumab (Simponi, Simponi Aria, Simponi SmartJect) (Simponi, Simponi SmartJect)
- febuxostat (Uloric) (Uloric)
- milnacipran (Savella, Savella Titration Pack)
- abatacept (Orencia, Orencia ClickJect, Orencia Prefilled Syringe) (Orencia)
- pregabalin (Lyrica, Lyrica CR) (Lyrica)
- hyaluronan (Hymovis, Monovisc, Orthovisc) (Orthovisc)
- adalimumab (Humira, Humira Pediatric Crohn''s Disease Prefill Syringe Start Pack, Humira Pen) (Humira, Humira Pen, Humira Pen Crohn's Disease Starter Package)
- anakinra (Kineret) (Kineret)
- diclofenac topical (Aspercreme Arthritis Pain, DicloPrep-100, DST Plus Pak) (Flector Patch, Solaraze, Voltaren Topical)
- meloxicam (oral/injection) (Anjeso, Mobic, Qmiiz ODT) (Mobic)
- cevimeline (Evoxac) (Evoxac)
- devil''s claw
- chondroitin and glucosamine (Cosamin DS, Osteo Bi-Flex, Osteo Bi-Flex Double Strength and more)
- chondroitin (OptiFlex-C)
Arthritis Images and Slideshows
- The 4 Best Spices and Herbs to Fight Inflammation
- Signs of Chronic Inflammation You May Not Expect
- Tips for Healthy Joints: Exercise, Nutrition, & More
- Arthritis: Reasons Why Your Hips Hurt
- Best Exercises for Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Healthy Aging: Ways to Fight the Aging Process
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Exercises: Joint-Friendly Workouts
- Gout Attack Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Diet
- Arthritis: Ways to Ease Hip Pain
- Knee Pain: 8 Exercises to Help Your Knees
- Lyme Disease Symptoms, Rash, Treatments
- Arthritis: Supplements for Joint Pain
- Lupus Symptoms, Rash, and Treatment
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: RA Food Myths and Facts
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Alternative RA Therapies
- Can You Be Cured of Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- What Is the Safest Drug for Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- How Long Can a Person Live with Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Is Psoriatic Arthritis Considered a Disability?
- Is Carpal Tunnel Permanent?
- What Happens if You Don't Treat Carpal Tunnel?
- What Is the Most Effective Painkiller for Arthritis?
- What Will Happen if Arthritis Is Left Untreated?
- Is RA a Progressive Disease?
- Is Coffee Bad for Arthritis?
- Is Osteoarthritis a Disability?
- Is Walking Good for Osteoarthritis?
- Is Carpal Tunnel Curable?
- How Do You Know When You Have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
- What Is the Best Painkiller for Osteoarthritis?