Arthritis is a joint disorder featuring inflammation. A joint is an area of the body where two bones meet. A joint functions to allow movement of the body parts it connects. Arthritis literally means inflammation of one or more joints. Arthritis is frequently accompanied by joint pain. Joint pain is referred to as arthralgia. Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system attacks the joints.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Arthritis related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Arthritis Related Resources
- What Does a Psoriatic Arthritis Rash Look Like?
- What Are the Five Types of Psoriatic Arthritis?
- What Foods Make Psoriatic Arthritis Worse?
- What Is the Best Treatment for Psoriatic Arthritis?
- What Are Foods to Avoid If You Have Spondylitis?
- What Is the Best Treatment for Ankylosing Spondylitis?
- Does Rheumatoid Arthritis Run in the Family?
- What Are the First Signs of Arthritis in Your Hands?
- What Is Seronegative Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- What Blood Tests Are Done to Diagnose Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Can Rheumatoid Arthritis Cause a Rash?
- How Do Doctors Test for Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- What Can Be Done for Arthritis in the Back?
- Am I at Risk for COVID-19 if I Have Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- What Can Mimic Psoriatic Arthritis?
- golimumab (Simponi, Simponi Aria, Simponi SmartJect) (Simponi, Simponi SmartJect)
- febuxostat (Uloric) (Uloric)
- milnacipran (Savella, Savella Titration Pack)
- abatacept (Orencia, Orencia ClickJect, Orencia Prefilled Syringe) (Orencia)
- pregabalin (Lyrica, Lyrica CR) (Lyrica)
- hyaluronan (Hymovis, Monovisc, Orthovisc) (Orthovisc)
- adalimumab (Humira, Humira Pediatric, Humira Pediatric Crohn''s Disease Starter Pack) (Humira, Humira Pen, Humira Pen Crohn's Disease Starter Package)
- anakinra (Kineret) (Kineret)
- diclofenac topical (Pennsaid, Rexaphenac, Solaraze) (Flector Patch, Solaraze, Voltaren Topical)
- meloxicam (oral/injection) (Anjeso, Mobic, Qmiiz ODT) (Mobic)
- cevimeline (Evoxac) (Evoxac)
- devil''s claw
- chondroitin and glucosamine (Cosamin DS, Osteo Bi-Flex, Osteo Bi-Flex Double Strength and more)
- chondroitin (OptiFlex-C)
Arthritis Images and Slideshows
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Exercises: Joint-Friendly Workouts
- Gout Attack Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Diet
- Arthritis: Ways to Ease Hip Pain
- Knee Pain: 8 Exercises to Help Your Knees
- Lyme Disease Symptoms, Rash, Treatments
- Arthritis: Supplements for Joint Pain
- Lupus Symptoms, Rash, and Treatment
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: RA Food Myths and Facts
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Alternative RA Therapies
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- Psoriatic Arthritis Symptoms, Treatment, Images
- Osteoarthritis (OA): Treatment, Symptoms, Diagnosis
- What Is Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)? Symptoms, Treatment, Diagnosis
- Gout Diet: The Best and Worst Foods for Your Menu
- Back Pain: A Visual Guide to Herniated Disks
- FDA Authorizes Arthritis Drug Combo for COVID-19
- Eli Lilly's Rheumatoid Arthritis Drug Accelerates Recovery in COVID-19 Patients
- Knee Injury in Youth Increases Osteoarthritis Risk
- Knee, Hip Steroid Injections May Speed Joint Damage in Some Patients
- Is Psoriatic Arthritis Considered a Disability?
- What Happens if You Don't Treat Carpal Tunnel?
- Is Carpal Tunnel Permanent?
- What Will Happen if Arthritis Is Left Untreated?
- What Is the Most Effective Painkiller for Arthritis?
- What Is the Safest Drug for Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Is Coffee Bad for Arthritis?
- Is RA a Progressive Disease?
- Is Walking Good for Osteoarthritis?
- Is Osteoarthritis a Disability?
- Questions Linger About Steroid Injections and Knee Arthritis