Arthritis is a joint disorder featuring inflammation. A joint is an area of the body where two bones meet. A joint functions to allow movement of the body parts it connects. Arthritis literally means inflammation of one or more joints. Arthritis is frequently accompanied by joint pain. Joint pain is referred to as arthralgia. Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system attacks the joints.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Arthritis related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Arthritis Related Resources
- 5 Home Remedies to Improve Osteoarthritis Symptoms
- What Are The 4 Stages of Osteoarthritis?
- How Does A Person Get Lupus?
- What Is the Main Cause of Gout?
- Which Foods Make Arthritis Worse?
- Chest Pain: Is It Costochondritis?
- Can You Walk Immediately After Meniscus Surgery?
- Carpal Tunnel vs. Arthritis
- What Is the Difference Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus?
- What Causes Ringworm Rash?
- What Are the First Signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- What Are the Symptoms of CREST Syndrome?
- What Is the Main Cause of Amyloidosis?
- What Are the Causes of Dupuytren's Contracture?
- golimumab (Simponi, Simponi Aria, Simponi SmartJect) (Simponi, Simponi SmartJect)
- febuxostat (Uloric) (Uloric)
- milnacipran (Savella, Savella Titration Pack)
- abatacept (Orencia, Orencia ClickJect, Orencia Prefilled Syringe) (Orencia)
- pregabalin (Lyrica, Lyrica CR) (Lyrica)
- hyaluronan (Hymovis, Monovisc, Orthovisc) (Orthovisc)
- adalimumab (Humira, Humira Pediatric, Humira Pediatric Crohn''s Disease Starter Pack) (Humira, Humira Pen, Humira Pen Crohn's Disease Starter Package)
- anakinra (Kineret) (Kineret)
- diclofenac topical (Pennsaid, Rexaphenac, Solaraze) (Flector Patch, Solaraze, Voltaren Topical)
- meloxicam (oral/injection) (Anjeso, Mobic, Qmiiz ODT) (Mobic)
- cevimeline (Evoxac) (Evoxac)
- devil''s claw
- chondroitin and glucosamine (Cosamin DS, Osteo Bi-Flex, Osteo Bi-Flex Double Strength and more)
- chondroitin (OptiFlex-C)
Arthritis Images and Slideshows
- Gout Diet: The Best and Worst Foods for Your Menu
- Back Pain: A Visual Guide to Herniated Disks
- Pain Management: All About Your Knees
- OA Knee Replacement: Before and After
- Arthritis: Causes and Treatment for Joint Stiffness and Pain
- Neck Pain: Causes and Treatment for Relief
- Arthritis: 16 Bad Habits That Cause Joint Pain
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- Osteoarthritis: 15 Tips to Improve Daily Living With OA
- Picture of Lupus
- Picture of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus 2
- Picture of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus 1
- Picture of Acute Systemic Lupus
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Symptoms & Treatment
- Osteoarthritis (OA): Treatment, Symptoms, Diagnosis
- Eli Lilly's Rheumatoid Arthritis Drug Accelerates Recovery in COVID-19 Patients
- Knee Injury in Youth Increases Osteoarthritis Risk
- Knee, Hip Steroid Injections May Speed Joint Damage in Some Patients
- Is Psoriatic Arthritis Considered a Disability?
- What Happens if You Don't Treat Carpal Tunnel?
- Is Carpal Tunnel Permanent?
- What Will Happen if Arthritis Is Left Untreated?
- What Is the Most Effective Painkiller for Arthritis?
- What Is the Safest Drug for Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Is Coffee Bad for Arthritis?
- Is RA a Progressive Disease?
- Is Walking Good for Osteoarthritis?
- Is Osteoarthritis a Disability?
- Questions Linger About Steroid Injections and Knee Arthritis
- Arthritis Strikes 1 in 3 Adults with Prediabetes