My parents took me to a psychologist because I’m not doing well in school and staying in bed all day. She told me I have clinical depression and put me on SSRIs and a benzodiazepine for sleep. I’m only 15 years old and I don’t want to be on pills for the rest of my life. Can you cure depression?
Must Read Articles:
Depression HealthWhat is clinical depression? Learn about symptoms, causes, risk factors, diagnosis, treatment, and when to seek medical care.
Depression Symptoms and SignsSome of the symptoms and signs of depression include suicidal thoughts, hopelessness, and sadness. Get more information about the different types of depression and their various signs and symptoms.
How Do You Release SadnessSadness is a basic human emotion that usually occurs in response to emotionally or psychologically painful situations. Sadness may be associated with feelings of sorrow, disappointment, helplessness, grief, and despair. Everyone feels sadness at some point in their lives, but prolonged sadness - especially without an identifiable cause - can mean depression, which is a clinical mental illness.
What Are the Four Types of DepressionThe four types of depression are situational, biological, psychological and existential, each of which has its own primary causes. These classifications often overlap and are meant to add insight to diagnosis and treatment.
Expert Views and News
- Vitamin D Supplementation May Help Ease Depression
- Screen Teens For Depression Annually, Docs Say
- Trove of Depression Genes From Crowd-Sourced Data
- Most Antidepressants Ineffective for Kids
- Ways to Treat Depression That Aren't Antidepressants
- When Depression Becomes Deadly
- Sweetened Drinks Linked to Depression Risk
- Vitamin D Deficiency Linked to Depression
- Video Game May Help Treat Teen Depression
- Suicide Brain May Hold Key to Depression
- Richer Countries Have Higher Depression Rates
- Treating Depressed Moms Helps Kids' Depression
- Chocolate Means More Depression?
- Depression Weaking Bones