Atrial fibrillation (AFib) describes a rapid, irregular heart rhythm. The irregular rhythm, or arrhythmia, results from abnormal electrical impulses in the heart. Atrial fibrillation may be treated with medications or surgery. There are many causes of atrial fibrillation, for example,
Symptoms of atrial fibrillation include
Atrial fibrillation is managed and treated with medication, medical procedures, and surgery.
Expert Views and News
- Eating Nuts Linked to Lower Odds of Having AFib
- FDA Warning on Atrial Fibrillation Drug Multaq
- Atrial Fibrillation Raises Death Risk for Middle-Aged Women
- Drug Helps Patients With Atrial Fibrillation
- Atrial Fibrillation Drug Pradaxa Approved
- Ablation Beats Drugs for Atrial Fibrillatio
- Atrial Fibrillation Stroke 'Tragedy'