Must Read Articles:
Diabetes (Mellitus, Type 1 and Type 2)What causes diabetes, what tests diagnose it, and what is a good diabetic diet? Learn the signs of being diabetic, the treatments, and the differences between type 1 vs. type 2 diabetes. Type 1 diabetes (insulin dependent) can be caused by heredity, environmental factors, or ethnicity. Type 2 diabetes (non-insulin dependent) can be caused by high blood pressure, high lipid levels, high-fat diet, high alcohol intake, sedentary lifestyle, obesity, ethnicity, or age.
Ask How Do I Cure DiabetesI’ve read stories of people exercising and losing weight and completely reversing their diabetes. I’m overweight and was just diagnosed with prediabetes. I want to lose weight and start eating better. I’ve already given up drinking alcohol. What else should I do? How do I cure diabetes?
Ask Glucose Tolerance Testing DiabetesMy specialist recently diagnosed me with type II diabetes. I want to be proactive and learn all I can about the disease. She used something called a “glucose tolerance test” to confirm her diagnosis. How does that test work?
Type 2 DiabetesLearn the differences between type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes symptoms include excessive thirst and urination, and dehydration. Type 2 diabetes causes and risk factors include older age, obesity, lack of exercise, family history, and excess fat around waistline. Treatments for type 2 diabetes are weight loss, a healthy diet, exercise, and medications if necessary.
Expert Views and News
- Dieting to Reverse Type 2 Diabetes
- Sweet Beverages Tied to Type 2 Diabetes
- FDA's Added-Sugar Labeling Policy
- When Does Type 2 Diabetes Start?
- Diabetic-Level Glucose Spikes in Healthy Adults
- California Sugary Drink Tax
- Breastfeeding May Halve Diabetes Risk in Women
- ADA Updates for Managing Hypertension in Diabetes
- Almost Half the US Population Has Diabetes
- Antioxidant in Broccoli May Help Fight Diabetes
- 'Hacking' a Diabetes Cure?
- Black Tea Linked to Lower Diabetes Risk
- Can TB Vaccine Stop Type 1 Diabetes?
- Bypass Beats Angioplasty for People With Diabetes
- CDC: Big Drop in Diabetes Amputations
- Diabetes: 26 Million Americans Have It
- Belly Fat Is Key to U.S. Diabetes Risk
- Breastfeeding May Lower Moms' Diabetes Risk
- A1c Test Identifies Diabetes, Heart Risk
- Blood Test OK for Diabetes Diagnosis
- Coffee, Tea May Stall Diabetes
- Antipsychotics Risky for Elderly With Diabetes
- More Deaths Reported From Diabetes Drug Byetta
Can You Get Diabetes from Eating Too Much Sugar? Topic Guide - Visuals
Can You Get Diabetes from Eating Too Much Sugar? Topic Guide - Medications and Vitamins
Insulin is a hormone that works by lowering levels of glucose (sugar) in the blood. Insulin detemir is a long-acting insulin that starts to work seve...learn more »
Insulin is a hormone that works by lowering levels of glucose (sugar) in the blood. Insulin glulisine is a fast-acting insulin that starts to work ab...learn more »
Insulin is a hormone that works by lowering levels of glucose (sugar) in the blood. Insulin aspart is a fast-acting insulin. Insulin aspart protamin...learn more »
Insulin is a hormone that works by lowering levels of glucose (sugar) in the blood. Insulin aspart is a fast-acting insulin that starts to work about...learn more »