Depression doesn’t just mean a depressed mood and feeling sad or hopeless. There are also some real physical symptoms that accompany depression, such as:
- Changes in appetite or weight
- Sleep problems – insomnia or sleeping too much
- Restlessness or agitation
- Fatigue and loss of energy
- Aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems with no clear cause and that do not improve with symptomatic treatment
People who are depressed also tend to be more likely to be smokers. In addition, depression can cause people to make unhealthy dietary choices or to skip exercise.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
13 June 2017. 14 November 2018
Mental Health Conditions: Depression and Anxiety.
23 April 2018. 14 November 2018