I went in for a blood test for another health issue and the doctor diagnosed me with hep C. My head is spinning as I had no idea I was infected and I know next to nothing about the disease as I have no symptoms. My main question: How long can a person live after being diagnosed with hepatitis C?
Must Read Articles:
Ask Can Hepatitis C Be Cured CompletelyI’ve read about new drug therapy for the hepatitis C virus. I’ve been living with the symptoms of hep C for years, and I’m excited for this new medication. Can hepatitis C now be completely cured?
ask Can hepatitis C be cured on its ownI have hep C. When I received my diagnosis, hepatitis C had no cure, but now there is new antiviral treatment. The problem is I don’t have health insurance and can’t afford it. Is there a chance my hep C will just go away? Can hep C be cured on its own?
Hepatitis CHepatitis C (HCV, Hep C) is an inflammation of the liver caused by infection of the HCV virus, typically spread through blood contact. Learn about symptoms, prevention, and treatment.
Ask Which Type of Hepatitis Is not CurableI know there are several different kinds of hepatitis and different treatments for each one. I read in the newspaper a few years ago they approved a hepatitis C medication that can cure it most of the time. Are there any kinds of hepatitis viruses that still don’t have a cure?
Expert Views and News
- FDA Approves Mavyret for Hepatitis C
- Hepatitis C Underreported in Infants
- Hepatitis C Combo Pill May Cure Those Who Can Afford It
- FAQ: The High Cost of Hepatitis C Drugs
- New Oral Hepatitis C Drugs: FAQ
- CDC: All Baby Boomers Should Get Screened for Hepatitis C
- Milk Thistle Doesn't Help Hepatitis C
- CDC: All Baby Boomers Should Get Tested for Hepatitis C
- More Now Die in U.S. From Hepatitis C Than HIV
- 'Explosion' of Sex-Spread Hepatitis C in HIV-Positive Men
- Hepatitis C Testing
- Hepatitis C Cases Among Young
- Hepatitis C Drugs
- FDA Panel Urges Approval of Hepatitis C Drug
- Hepatitis C Infection Rates Are Stable
- Hepatitis C May Be Treated by Experimental Drug
- Drug Cures Hard-to-Treat Hepatitis C
- Liver-Targeted Drug Stops Hepatitis C
- Cholesterol Drugs Fight Hepatitis C