How Long Is an Episode of Depression?: My son is in his 20s and he has bouts of depression. This latest one has seemed to last forever – it’s been almost a year and I can’t get through to him, despite treatment with SSRIs and cognitive behavioral therapy. It’s hard to keep from despairing as there is no end in sight. How long is a typical episode of depression?
Must Read Articles:
Ask Can a Person Be Cured of DepressionMy parents took me to a psychologist because I’m not doing well in school and staying in bed all day. She told me I have clinical depression and put me on SSRIs and a benzodiazepine for sleep. I’m only 15 years old and I don’t want to be on pills for the rest of my life. Can you cure depression?
Depression HealthWhat is clinical depression? Learn about symptoms, causes, risk factors, diagnosis, treatment, and when to seek medical care.
Depression Symptoms and SignsSome of the symptoms and signs of depression include suicidal thoughts, hopelessness, and sadness. Get more information about the different types of depression and their various signs and symptoms.
Ask Is Crying All the Time a Sign of DepressionOver the last six months, since my youngest went off to college, I’ve been pretty lonely. I’ve noticed that I’m crying almost every day, whether it’s sparked by some sentimental TV commercial or for seemingly no reason. It’s starting to worry me that I can’t keep it together. Is crying all the time a sign of depression?
Expert Views and News
- Risk for Recurrent Depression
- The Impact of Untreated Depression
- 'Small Dose' Exercise Guards Against Depression
- Anxiety Therapy Better for Depression Than CBT?
- Depression or Early Schizophrenia?
- Depression Linked to Peripheral Artery Disease
- Blood Test for Teen Depression Under Study
- Blood Test May Help Diagnose Depression
- Depression Raises Women's Stroke Risk
- Depression Lurks for Low-Income RA Patients
- 'Depression Gene' Linked to Response to Stress
- Depression in Elderly People
- Depression on the Rise in Colleges?
- AIDS Patients Cite Stigma, Depression
- Depression Linked to Alzheimer's Disease
- Dads Get Postpartum Depression, Too
- Acupuncture Eases Depression in Pregnancy
- Antidepressants: Best for Severe Depression?
- Depression Dulls Brain's Pleasure Sites
- Depression Gene? Maybe Not