Fibromyalgia is an illness with no known cause. Symptoms include chronic pain, fatigue, fibrofog (mental haziness), insomnia, headaches, nervousness, numbness, dizziness, and intestinal disturbances. Treatment may involve acupuncture, massage, biofeedback, antidepressants, Lyrica, Cymbalta, Savella, Flexeril, and Mirapex.
Expert Views and News
- A Blood Test for Fibromyalgia?
- Exercise, Talk Therapy by Phone May Help Relieve Fibromyalgia Pain
- Women's Sleep Problems Linked to Fibromyalgia Risk
- Muscle Relaxant May Ease Fibromyalgia Pain
- Chronic Pain of Fibromyalgia Takes Toll on Everyday Life
- Fibromyalgia, Restless Legs Syndrome Overlap
- Tai Chi: Best Fibromyalgia Treatment?
- Sleeping Pill May Treat Fibromyalgia Pain
- Fibromyalgia Patients Prone to Falls
- Obesity May Raise Risk of Fibromyalgia
- Fibromyalgia Gets Worse During Menstruation
- Fibromyalgia: Short Bursts of Activity May Help
- Antidepressants Help Treat Fibromyalgia