Is Fibromyalgia Considered a Mental Illness?: I have a coworker who is always missing work because of fibromyalgia pain. She also takes medication for depression and anxiety. I read up a little bit on fibromyalgia and found it’s a neuropathic disorder with no known causes, but often people with depression have fibromyalgia pain. Could it be something psychosomatic or otherwise all in her head? Is fibromyalgia considered a mental illness?
How Does a Person Get Fibromyalgia? My mom has fibromyalgia – she spent years trying to find a diagnosis until a neurologist finally figured it out six years ago. After a recent car accident, I started having sleep problems and muscle aches, and I wonder if maybe I have fibromyalgia, too? How does a person get fibromyalgia?
Expert Views and News
- A Blood Test for Fibromyalgia?
- Exercise, Talk Therapy by Phone May Help Relieve Fibromyalgia Pain
- Women's Sleep Problems Linked to Fibromyalgia Risk
- Muscle Relaxant May Ease Fibromyalgia Pain
- Chronic Pain of Fibromyalgia Takes Toll on Everyday Life
- Fibromyalgia, Restless Legs Syndrome Overlap
- Tai Chi: Best Fibromyalgia Treatment?
- Sleeping Pill May Treat Fibromyalgia Pain
- Fibromyalgia Patients Prone to Falls
- Obesity May Raise Risk of Fibromyalgia
- Fibromyalgia Gets Worse During Menstruation
- Fibromyalgia: Short Bursts of Activity May Help
- Antidepressants Help Treat Fibromyalgia