What Does Your Stool Look Like if You Have Colon Cancer?: I recently noticed changes in my stool color – it’s been much darker for the last week or so. Colon cancer runs in my family, so I’m afraid I might have it. What does your poop look like if you have colorectal cancer?
Colon Cancer The human colon is a muscular, tube-shaped organ measuring about 4 feet long. It extends from the end of your small bowel to your anus. Most colon cancers start as adenomatous polyps that turn into adenocarcinomas. Colon cancer is typically diagnosed through a colonoscopy or other type of endoscopic procedures. Treatment methods include surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy.
Expert Views and News
- Chemo Overused in Younger Colon Cancer Patients?
- Is a New at-Home Colon Cancer Test for You?
- New At-Home Colon Cancer Test: FAQ
- Breath Test May Detect Colon Cancer
- Colon Cancer: Aspirin May Improve Survival in Some
- Big Drop in Colon Cancer Attributed to Colonoscopy
- Sigmoidoscopy Cuts Colon Cancer Cases, Deaths
- Eating Meat May Raise Colon Cancer Risk
- Aspirin May Cut Colon Cancer Deaths
- Colon Cancer Risk Cut by Single Screening
- Blood Test May Predict Colon Cancer Spread
- Vitamin D May Lower Colon Cancer Risk
- Colon Cancer Spotted by New Blood Test
- Colon Cancer May Be Detected Via Blood Tests
- Active Life May Cut Colon Cancer Risk
- 'Western' Diet Tied to Colon Cancer