Astigmatism: An astigmatism is an irregular curvature of the cornea. Symptoms include blurred vision, eyestrain, eye fatigue, and headaches. Eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery may be used to correct the blurred vision caused by astigmatism.
Vision Correction Surgery Vision correction surgery changes the cornea to focus light on the back of the eye without the need for corrective lenses. There are several types of vision correction surgery, including:
- radial keratotomy (RK),
- photorefractive keratotomy (PRK),
- laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK),
- femtosecond laser-assisted LASIK (iLASIK),
- laser thermal keratoplasty (LTK),
- conductive keratoplasty (CK),
- intracorneal ring segments (ICR),
- phakic intraocular lens implants, and
- presbyopic refractive lens exchange (PRELEX).