Bacterial Pneumonia

Please describe your experience with pneumonia. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Ginger, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

I woke up feeling so ill I went to my doctor. She said she was busy, so I left thinking my illness may go as quickly as it arrived. After 10 months of visiting 10 doctors at hospitals and offices, even a lung specialist, I was misdiagnosed. It was decided I must be having mental health issues. Talking with a friend I was advised to see a doctor in Sydney, who cared and sent me for blood and x-ray. Yeah, a correct diagnosis, pneumonia and pleurisy. I was given 3 packs of antibiotics, and the good doctor told me it would take 6 months to recover.

Comment from: Lenny, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

I'm in my 10th week after pneumonia and I'm not yet well. I still have chills but no fever. My upper back is aching and if I touch my skin, I have a body heat. From time to time I have difficulty in breathing and some cough. I don’t know how to get rid of this upper back pain and chills, they are the worst.

Comment from: September, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 07

My guy went to the Urgent Care on Tuesday, March 31st, and he was told he has pneumonia. So they gave him antibiotics and cough medicine. He has been weak with coughing and loss of appetite, but I do make him drink plenty of fluids. Now he has been having confusion. Wondering if I should do anything different.

Comment from: Pauline15, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

I was just wondering if having pneumonia in the past weakens your immune system. I had it when I was younger and it started out as a cold, went into my chest then developed into pneumonia. I now have a bacterial chest infection and on antibiotics.

Comment from: Caz, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I have pneumonia and pleurisy, been in hospital and been treated, however last night and throughout the day I have had extremely painful legs. It is hard to describe, an achy, heavy and horrible feeling. I can’t put them anywhere, it doesn't go continuous.

Comment from: TM, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I got bacterial or fungal pneumonia 6 weeks ago and felt sure I was not going to make it. I have recovered yet still feel heavy in my chest and I am 'aware' of my lungs as they feel like they are so heavy. I do not know how to describe it. The chest pain is gone but I feel as if I'm filled with wet sand. I have no energy.

Comment from: SMC, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 25

I went home from work with a fever on Saturday. By Monday I figured I had the flu because of the body aches, runny nose, dry cough, chills and fever of 105. By Thursday it felt like my ribs were being ripped out every time I coughed. Clear phlegm. Friday morning at 4 a.m. I had severe chest pain that went to the emergency room. EKG and blood work proved no heart attack. I had a CT that showed bacterial pneumonia. A nose swab showed influenza A. Two weeks later, after medicines, I'm fatigued and my chest still hurts.

Comment from: Keryl, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 17

Okay, I'm scared, and I don't get scared easy! I am 54 years old and have never been sick a day of my life even as a child; no chicken pox, nothing. Months ago I came down with the flu, said the hospital. It didn't get any better, and it turned out to be pneumonia. I was hospitalized for a month. I have diarrhea that is not normal. It's kind of foamy. I am scared, wondering if I have already got this virus.

Comment from: Lorenzeea30, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 27

I've been experiencing shortness of breath for almost a week now and worried about pneumonia. I have gone to urgent care where they did chest x-rays and said they were clear. They gave me an inhaler to help with my breathing but it didn't help. After 2 days I went into the emergency room, the doctor checked my vitals, oxygen levels, respiration, and checked my lungs and said everything is clear. He didn’t do a chest x-ray because he said the personal exam showed clear lungs and no cause for concern. But I still have shortness of breath.

Comment from: Littlebit , 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: February 26

My father has COPD and emphysema. He was in the hospital for pneumonia, for a week. He came out on oral antibiotics and steroids. Now there is blood when he coughs up, again. All vitals are good, no fever, and he says he's feeling fine. Had tests done in the hospital, no cancer. Worried to death!

QUESTION

What is pneumonia? See Answer
Comment from: Ccm, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I was diagnosed 7 days ago with walking pneumonia. I am coughing a lot still and my energy level is low. I am unsure if I need to revisit my doctor because I finished my medicine on Sunday, 750 mg Levaquin and it could still be working. I get tightness in my chest occasionally. I think it takes time to feel well after a bout of pneumonia. And everyone has a different experience.

Comment from: Terry, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I get sinus infections very easily and I hope it doesn’t go into my chest, then it does. Every single year I seem to get pneumonia; very hard to breathe in and I have uncontrolled coughing with phlegm. I’m 62 years old now. Seriously considering the vaccination for pneumonia. The only thing that helps is taking antibiotics. At night it’s the worst when you get the fever and the chills, and you can’t control the coughing; everything hurts.

Comment from: Katie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 19

Pneumonia was like somebody had lit a fire in my chest; the pain, the burning, the crackling, the nausea. I also had pleurisy, so that hurt me more I think. It also felt like I couldn't take a full or even half a breath. I had been in the hospital a week before, with my kidney problem, and had a cold. By the next week after discharge the cold had developed so I went back to my general physician who sent me straight back to the hospital for a chest x-ray to confirm I had pneumonia in the bottom of my right lung.

Comment from: HopeItHelps, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 19

I went into the emergency room (ER) with chills, fever and cough. X-ray showed 'smoke' but they told me it was the flu. Two days later, in excruciating pain in lungs in back, I went to another ER. I was immediately admitted to hospital for 5 days, with full antibiotic regimen to treat pneumonia. I left the hospital barely able to walk, and took antibiotic for 7 days after. Feeling much better, but my x-ray has not cleared 30 days after my release. On second dose of antibiotics now, hoping for cleared x-ray. Lungs are still tight but breathing is ok and I am not as tired.

Comment from: Brandy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 05

I’m wondering if anyone has had a pneumonia diagnosis without any symptoms other than severe lung pain. I was sick with a cold/flu in the beginning of January. I was prescribed antibiotics for 1 week. I completed prescription and was feeling generally better. On week 2 I developed 2 new symptoms, swollen gland in my neck and pain on my left side lung area. Now they say I have pneumonia and prescribed Levaquin but nothing for pain and that literally is my only symptom. Don’t know how I can get relief from the pain.

Comment from: organicmom, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

I've been sick since the middle of December with upper respiratory infection, ear and sinus infection. I almost passed out the first week of January and was diagnosed with bacterial pneumonia. Two hospital and 6 doctor visits later I am still not 100 percent. I was told it could take weeks for a full recovery.

Comment from: Alice, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 23

My doctor said I had viral pneumonia, but didn’t prescribe any treatment. I have been for 2 CT scans, and they found scarring on my lungs. I had this years ago, am still feeling very tired, and looking for anything I can take to make me feel better.

Comment from: Sickmom, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

I went to the emergency room 4 days ago. They tested me for flu and did chest x-rays. Didn't do anything for me. I was coughing so bad now I am aching, and I can’t eat. I cannot walk to one room without getting out of breath. I am so sick, and afraid it is pneumonia I am spitting up mucus.

Comment from: Rey-Rey, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 10

My pneumonia came on instantaneously. I couldn't take a deep breath or breaths, and I started coughing up brown and black/yellowish phlegm. I went to the hospital where a black cavity was found in my chest and a pneumonia diagnosis made. I was hospitalized for 5 days, and had to take 2 different antibiotics for 4 weeks. I was unable to keep anything down including water which I drink mostly. I was unable to get out of bed for almost 2 weeks.

Comment from: Nano, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 07

Right before Christmas I had a cough for a little while, and then it got so bad to where I got the flu. It was bad so I went to the emergency room because we could hear fluid in my lungs. So long story short, I got admitted, they treated me for pneumonia for a week with IV antibiotics, and sent me home in a week. I still feel bad but now yesterday I was bleeding nonstop blood clots and again today. I don’t know what’s going on and worried I am dying!

SLIDESHOW

How to Prevent the Common Cold See Slideshow
Comment from: #drs.suck, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 07

I started with a cold on Thanksgiving. It turned into an undiagnosed sinus infection that went on for a few weeks until finally I talked the doctor into giving me antibiotics, which did nothing. It then turned into bronchitis and eventually pneumonia. Here are some tips. Get a doctor’s note for work, don’t try to eat anything more than a liquid diet, soup, hot tea, Gatorade, etc. Take Mucinex 12 hour expectorant, it will help keep your mucus loose so it's easier to cough. Take Tylenol or Advil for pain.

Comment from: RachaelDawn, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 11

I am a 38 year old female who nursed 4 people through what I call the '4 day cold'. When it came to my turn to get the cold I had to try to work through it, off and on missing a lot. Day 9 I went to the hospital, had chest x-rays, and it was pneumonia. They gave me a Z-Pak of antibiotics. Two weeks later I was so tired I couldn't walk 200 feet without passing/blacking out. I went back to the hospital and now on Levaquin 750 mg once a day for 7 days. I am finally able to go back to work after day 5 of Levaquin. Still weak but can breathe now.

Comment from: Charlotte, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 03

I thought I had the flu and then one night I couldn’t breathe or move. I called an ambulance and I was sent to intensive care unit. They put me in a medically induced coma and I woke up 12 days later with a ventilator breathing for me as I wasn't able to breathe for myself. The doctors didn’t expect me to survive but I did; so I was in hospital for 4 weeks! And this was all caused by pneumonia. I got discharged 2 days ago but I'm unable to walk because I was in coma and in bed for so long. I'm 24.

Comment from: Wildflower , 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 03

I am a 45 year old female. My pneumonia symptoms started on a Friday night with chills, fatigue and a temperature of 100.6 F. Saturday morning my temp was 103 F. I went to the emergency room (ER) and found out that I had a flu-like virus and my chest x-ray was clear. I went home and later that night my heart rate went up, but I thought it was a part of the virus. Sunday it got worse. So Monday I went back to the ER with shortness of breath and high heart rate. This time my x-ray showed pneumonia in both lungs and was bacterial.

Comment from: Crystal-pistol , 0-2 Male (Caregiver) Published: November 26

My husband had pneumonia over three weeks ago. The emergency room doctor couldn’t pinpoint if it was viral or bacterial. He was prescribed doxycycline. Still had a cough, so he saw his primary doctor 9 days ago. He prescribed prednisone pack and a trial Anoro inhaler. It helped a while, but as soon as the 7-day trial and prednisone were over, his cough seems worse.

Comment from: Renee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 26

October 23 I went to the emergency room because I was coughing, had a bad headache, and I was sweating. They took x-rays of my chest and told me I had pneumonia. I went and saw my regular doctor who put me on some medicine. It’s been going on for a week and a half, I’m still coughing, still hoarse, and still have hot flashes.

Comment from: Mel, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I was 20, and woke up with a sore neck. About 2 hours later I was in severe agony, went to the hospital, and was kept in. My x-ray looked clear, but then I almost died, was in and out of consciousness, and put in high dependency unit. My lungs were filled to the very top I couldn’t breathe for myself! I recovered but haven’t been the same since. Every year I get pleurisy and I am left with scarring on my lungs and pain. I had bilateral pneumonia, they never told me what caused it, and I had no initial symptoms.

Comment from: Sarah, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

When I had pneumonia I was very tired, I kept shivering and feeling really hot at the same time. My chest and my sides hurt when I breathed in and out. I lost my appetite. I had an awful cough. It took two lots of antibiotics to sort me out and I sat in a chair for seven weeks recovering. Now very cold weather causes my chest to hurt.

Comment from: Patient, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I am a 71 year old female and have a history of asthma. I feel weak, have pain in my chest, red spots on the back of hands and arms, and petechiae because capillaries burst due to low oxygen. Two weeks ago I was so weak I almost didn't make it to car; hypoxia with oxygen level 91/88. X-ray showed right lobe infected. No congestion sounds in lungs, silent deadly community pneumonia, only x-ray identified. I was given antibiotics and prednisone, and finally could eat. I am not steady, and still dizzy 2 months later. There are ups and downs, vitamins help. Petechiae may be forever, have serious dyspnea and short breath, need oxygen. Bra hurts.

Comment from: Wmontgom, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 28

Well, I got sick with pneumonia 7 weeks ago. The symptoms have come and gone but I have felt acutely sick almost the entire time. I was sneezing and sniffling a lot so it was likely a cold with a bronchial component. I’m normally very active at 38 years old. I still can’t work out to save my life. I took a Z-Pak around week 3, still the same. Now at week 6 I started on amoxicillin 850 mg and am 5 days in with no improvement. I’m breathless and have no energy. I have intermittent chills and brain fog.

Comment from: Bhavna , 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I recently went to see my doctor and my chest x-ray confirmed that I have pneumonia. My doctor has put me on antibiotics and steroids as I have asthma too. For that last two days, I have been sweating so much. So I'm worried.

Comment from: Pocahontas, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I got pneumococcal pneumonia in December 2016. I coughed up copious amounts of black sputum, then dark green. Had fevers of 104 every 6 hours despite 800 mg ibuprofen, body aches and no appetite. I was put on Levaquin for 7 days and eventually the fevers broke but I cannot get rid of the deep hacking chronic cough I have been dealing with for almost 3 years. The CT scan revealed lots of scar tissue but labs and PFT are normal. My pulmonologist is stumped.

Comment from: Suzie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 30

I have had bacterial pneumonia 2 times this year. This time the lung pain hasn't gone away yet. It's been 3 weeks. I was in hospital for 1 week, and was given 2 types of antibiotics and 6 days of steroids. I still have some pain in my lung.

Comment from: CC, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 17

High fever set in like a freight train, and spiked to 103.5; I had no cough, shortness of breath nor fatigue. It was confirmed pneumonia 24 hours later via x-ray, high in the left lung. My fever wouldn’t break and day 4 after emergency room visit, I got admitted for IV treatment (azithromycin and cefuroxime). Pulmonary specialist was perplexed at the lack of normal pneumonia symptoms; believes my healthy condition and lifestyle played a key part. Recovery is going well.

Comment from: Pip, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 17

I had no fever although my face was very flushed. I felt quite well all but had a harsh stitch type pain in my ribs and back and dizziness. The pain made my breathing shallower and I had a dry, almost 'fake' cough but only when I tried to talk. I had no rattling chest, no mucus, and my saturation and blood pressure were fine. I spent 2 nights in the hospital and then 2 weeks on antibiotics. During my recovery, I had no stamina, my hair went weird and my skin dried up and was flaky on my face. I also couldn't feel any temperature.

Comment from: Jim, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 13

Every time I clear my throat it's pure blood, I don't know how normal this is, I don't believe it is. I've had this problem for 3 days now after I got out of being in the hospital for 4 days with pneumonia. I went back to the emergency room and they just said it's probably normal. I think it's too much blood to be normal.

Comment from: sicki, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I have had pneumonia for 6 weeks. X-ray is clear, but I still have chills and feel very weak and achy.

Comment from: Flower, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 06

I had a cough that didn't go away for a month. I went to the emergency room and they said I had allergies. Another week later I went to the Urgent Care. They said I had allergies and a cold virus. Then at the end of the same month I went to my primary care doctor thinking I had a bad sinus infection. They said I have walking pneumonia. I am 43 years old, healthy, don't have any children, don't drink, or smoke; and here I am with walking pneumonia. I am better but still have a little cough.

Comment from: Deanna, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 04

I have been treated for bacterial pneumonia. Usually I have lymphedema in my right leg due to a surgery. I’m so dehydrated that I barely have any swelling. I am overweight but lost 9 lb. Climbing one flight of stairs is literally scary. I’m trying to drink. I have a dog that will use blue pads. I probably need an IV but I’m afraid they will try to admit me. I worked the first week I was diagnosed. I barely slept due to the coughing. This in my mind is the most serious illness I’ve had.

Comment from: Glen, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 03

Waking up very sick one day I went to my doctor. Over the next 9 months she sent me for many tests. I went to the emergency department many times, mostly at night, I was so sick and in pain. Finally a very good caring doctor diagnosed pneumonia and pleurisy and gave me some antibiotics. Four days later the pain stopped and I felt such relief. The doctor said it would take me 6 months to feel better but I don’t think I’ll ever feel quite better again. Pneumonia must be so hard for doctors to diagnose even with all the symptoms so persistent.

Comment from: Duch, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 27

I woke up feeling very ill, couldn't pin-point it (no typical pneumonia symptoms). The general physician said it was a bug. My friend disagreed, and called an ambulance. I fainted - remember hearing heart rate 130 and rising, next I was in a bed with something cold on my back. I woke up 5 days later on life support in ICU. The doctors told my mum I was going to die. I had no chance! Eleven years, many hospital visits, bottom right lung removed and being permanently disabled with emphysema, etc. Doctors are still amazed I even woke up!

Comment from: Bassman57 , 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 27

I am a 59 year old man and was diagnosed with pneumonia. I was put on erythromycin and told to do nothing but rest. I didn’t follow doctor’s orders and 2 weeks later had got worse, so was put on Floxin. I took them for 5 days and my cough got worse so I went to the emergency room. They did CT scan and I still had pneumonia in my lower right lung along with 3 fractured ribs! Well, I rested and took steroids and antibiotic for 7 days. Recovering now after almost 8 weeks but still cough sometimes and have days with low energy. Hope this is normal.

Comment from: Fran, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

My pneumonia started like this, first I was having problems with my right ear. I was told I had infection in my ear and needed to see an ENT specialist. I did not go but got melted antibiotic, and after a couple of days of talking medicines started getting cold symptoms. My chest hurts from coughing so much, and it is hard to breathe a little.

Comment from: Abi, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

I was diagnosed with pneumonia, and now I am taking antibiotics, but my fever is not going away. I have had less fever, around 99.6 for 7 days. I don’t know what to do because the fever should go away when we start taking antibiotics.

Comment from: Joemama, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 14

I have high fevers that don’t respond well to medicine, crackle-y sounding breathing and a deep, body wracking cough, tight, heavy feeling in chest and some difficulty breathing. I also have extreme fatigue, fast pulse, nausea, headache, aches and pains. No appetite, and so much sweating. I’m drenched all the time. My doctor kept telling me to come back if I’m not getting better. Finally the emergency room did x-ray and it’s pneumonia. I am on a 7 day course of antibiotics. As sick as I’ve ever been.

Comment from: K r Felice, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

My story is my reaction to the pneumonia vaccine. I received the vaccine at 65 years old, I am now 66 years old. I had localized right chest pain for 3 weeks, and slept 10 to 12 hours a day for 3 weeks. I am afraid to take the second dose.

Comment from: Lundi, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 12

My pneumonia is very bad, I have been given prednisone 16 tablets, one a day in the morning and evening for 8 days and other antibiotics for 7 days. I was admitted as well. You lose energy, cough a lot especially at night, temperature goes very high, and feel cold as well. I am feeling tired all the time, also my lungs were clear, x-rays taken but been seen through CT scan. My legs were very weak, now I am recovering and will resume duties next week.

Comment from: Christie , 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

I was ill with a dry cough before Christmas, it was awful and I suffered terribly, but the doctors refused to see me; they just called me and suggested a cough medicine and rest. Three months later I woke up unable to breath due to pain, and throughout that period I would fall asleep as soon as I got home and colleagues would point out I've not been right since that cough. I had pneumonia. I spent 2 months on 4 different antibiotics, a week in hospital and 3 weeks off sick. I was 18, now 19 and live on antibiotics.

Comment from: Gerald, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 01

I had what I thought was an aggressive cold, but it did not keep me from work. One day I could not catch my breath. I went to the emergency room. Triage reported 88 percent oxygen saturation, 39 C temp, very low blood pressure, and tachycardia. Confirmed pneumonia with some x-rays and CT to rule out obstruction. I was prescribed doxycycline for 7 days and am feeling better already.

Comment from: Al, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 30

I got an ear infection back in end April. By mid may it developed into pneumonia. I was put on antibiotics and anti-fungal medication (for ear infection) for 2 weeks. The 1st week of June I was told pneumonia had cleared but left a bronchitis. By the 3rd week of June I ended up in the emergency room (ER) because of breathing problems. ER said no pneumonia (x-ray, blood work, urine) but told me it was going to be long recuperation, weeks even 3 or more months. It is almost August and I am still weak, with bronchitis and otitis. I do not know what to do. Mold was found at apartment.

Comment from: Kay05, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 24

I have had pneumonia for 8 days now. I began to have a high fever and really bad headache; like a buildup of pressure in my forehead, as well as a cough. I held out a few days, hoping it would get better but it only got worse. I went to the emergency room with a fever of 104. They confirmed pneumonia with a chest x-ray and gave me antibiotics. It took 3 days to kick in. My headache and fever have gone away, but I have severe shortness of breath and cough still. It takes a long time to recover.

Comment from: KP, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

A pain in my back came on instantly, and thought I had pulled a muscle, but overnight it became so bad I couldn’t breathe without excruciating pain. I had to call an ambulance as I couldn’t speak or breathe properly. X-ray and CT scan revealed pneumonia and pleurisy. Antibiotics issued, and strong pain relief, and I couldn’t eat for 5 days. Pain started to ease after 6 days of taking antibiotics but the pain I must say was horrendous. Six weeks on I still have a slight ache. Follow up x-ray due.

Comment from: ScullyRose, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

Yesterday was the 3rd time I felt lightheaded and about to pass out at work. I had ambulance take me to the hospital. I was diagnosed with early pneumonia, urinary tract infection, and anemia. Two weeks earlier I had the same about-to-faint episode at work so I went home early and next day was still feeling (for over a month now) lightheaded, tired, and short of breath, with muscle fatigue and dry cough). I drove myself to urgent care. EKG was normal. The doctor referred me to the emergency room. I think that's where I might have picked up the pneumonia bug.

Comment from: Ealph, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: July 05

Well, I had pneumonia then my daughter got it. I took her in to the hospital and she got over it, and then my girlfriend just got it and went in. They said community pneumonia. Now my other daughter is getting it. It starts with a feeling like something is stuck in your throat. One side is sore like scratchy or raw, and then it goes from there into pneumonia. I need to know what to do.

Comment from: Lori, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 02

This is my second time having pneumonia this year. Both times the nurse practitioner told me my lungs sounded clear, but sent for x-rays; double pneumonia in January, beginning of pneumonia in June. I had chest congestion both times and was coughing up white hard mucus. No fever either time, but chills and sweats. Z-Pak got rid of it I think. It's now 11 days and today I coughed up, in one sitting, huge amounts of green mucus and hard green chunks; a whole bunch of them.

Comment from: Maria, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 28

I started with pneumonia 4 months ago. I had an x-ray and my heart is enlarged with fluid surrounding it. It is a complication of pneumonia. I’m still wheezing and ache but it’s the exhaustion that is lingering. I can’t lift a dinner plate with food on it. I put off going to the toilet because I don’t have the energy. Then when I’m done I can’t get up. Sometimes I’ve sat there so long my legs start to go numb. After 4 months I am totally fed up! I just want to get better. I’m also very depressed.

Comment from: Pneu kid OTB, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 25

I had pneumonia in 2007 in my right lung. Blood pressure at the hospital was 80/22. I was hospitalized for 2 weeks. I needed central line for 1.5 months. Twelve years later I still can't get a full breath which makes stressful situations much worse. Doctors keep giving me inhaler for asthma and won't believe me that I can't breathe because my lung won't expand.

Comment from: Janet gaze, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 25

I have had 5 different pneumonia infections in the last 9 weeks and now I am feeling tired all the time. I have no energy, am out of breath, and my legs are going funny. I have had 4 lots of antibiotics but nothing seems to clear it up. I don’t know what could be wrong with me, wonder if it could be my heart. I have COPD and am very short of breath. I am also worried it could be cancer.

Comment from: SoSick, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 20

This is week two of bacterial pneumonia for me. I have been on antibiotics for 1 full day now and my doctor says to not expect any real changes until the 4th or 5th day. Every night, my fever spikes and I spend the night sweating so profusely that anywhere I’m sleeping becomes drenched. Then I spend the next chunk of time either drying off or showering and then trying to figure out where I can sleep since I can’t sleep on the wet bed. I am too weak and delirious in the night to do anything.

Comment from: Kim, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 19

My pneumonia started off as a cough and runny nose. Temperature went to 103.5 and I went to the emergency room. It was on my right lung. I was given 2 bags of IV antibiotics and fluids. Took one week off from work, and was on Augmentin twice a day, cough syrup and prednisone. I still have hot flashes. I still feel weak, the cough is better but I still have laryngitis. This was my first time having pneumonia. It takes a while to recover.

Comment from: Kakki, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: May 22

A week ago I was diagnosed with pneumonia, and prescribed doxycycline 20 mg, for 8 days. I have 1 pill left. I feel unwell, light headed, hot, sweaty, and have a low grade headache and fatigue. I sleep well. It started as a cold, 3 days later turned into left lung pneumonia. I have had needle to lessen the chance of getting pneumonia.

Comment from: samblu1, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 21

I was diagnosed with pneumonia 6 months ago. Although my lungs are considered clear, my heart healthy, respiratory tests were ok, I can still go anaerobic when exercising at any level more than leisure. I have been a lifelong amateur athlete even placing for my age group in 5k runs recently. But since November 2018 I literally cannot run lightly for 1 minute without coming close to passing out! I nearly cost me my life when out of frustration when I tried to go surfing. I don’t know what is going on.

Comment from: Gail, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 08

On my fourth visit I was given an x-ray. It showed a 7 mm nodule. CT shows spots of pneumonia in the upper and lower, both sides. I've been sick for almost 2 months. It began with flu like symptoms. It was diagnosed as sinus infection, bronchitis, allergies, and finally bacterial pneumonia. I was given amoxicillin and doxycycline. I'm still worried about the nodule and my swollen lymph node, 9 mm in my upper right lung. Even though I'm much improved, I still cough and have excessive mucus. I go tomorrow and hope the x-ray is clear.

Comment from: RP, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 06

At the beginning of April I was told I had pneumonia and was given 11 days of medicines. A week later I went back for x-rays and got the all clear. Yesterday 2 weeks later I was feeling tired and weak with a temperature of 102.6. Today I have a temperature of 100.8, feeling ok but with the exception of a light chill on and off. I want to go away on Monday for 3 days of golf. I wonder if pneumonia could be back. I have never had a cough through all of this.

Comment from: jb, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 03

I have pneumonia. It has been going on for 4 months and I am on antibiotics, however my temperature is rising, and now I am having rigors. I have been on 8 lots of antibiotics, 2 lots IV, and 5 lots of steroids.

Comment from: Maddie, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 24

I’m so used to feeling fatigued all of the time, the only thing that made me go to the doctor was the absolute soreness on my ribs and the whole right side. It would hurt if I touched it, laughed, coughed, etc. I can say I haven’t really coughed a lot. I feel like I have a headache and I keep waking up from hot flashes at night. Also my throat hurts really bad, maybe from wisdom teeth though. X-rays showed walking pneumonia.

Comment from: Wildcats2019, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 02

I went to the doctors about a month ago and was told it was a common cold, with extreme coughing and pain in my back and shoulder. I couldn’t sleep from pain and was just miserable, so finally checked myself into the emergency room due to extreme and painful back spasms that left me in trouble breathing and not being able to move, to find out I’ve had pneumonia for a month and have gone untreated. Constant loss of breath, and nobody seems to understand what type of pain it causes.

Comment from: Trish, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 27

I was diagnosed with pneumonia six days ago. I took the antibiotics prescribed for five days. I have Crohn’s disease also. I still have a severe headache, chest pain and both eyes are bloodshot red. I don’t know what else is going on.

Comment from: DDH, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 25

It has been about 10 weeks since I went into hospital with severe shortness of breath, wheezing, fever and nausea. I was diagnosed with acute pneumonia. After that, I felt much better. However, about 4 weeks later, it came back, with a vengeance. Shortness of breath returned, fever worsened and nausea became almost unbearable. I went back to the hospital and tested positive for pneumonia again. I also tested positive for mild asthma, but none of the medications work. I am so tired and depressed.

Comment from: Missylittlecat, 65-74 (Caregiver) Published: January 15

My doctor told me I had pneumonia and put me on Levaquin. It made me very sick, so I'm on another antibiotic. He didn't tell me if it was viral or bacterial. I'm getting worse. I was going to the emergency room but I don't know what to do.

Comment from: Dotty , 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

It started over Christmas as a common cold… runny nose, coughing and feeling hot, then cold. That lasted around 5 days, then the coughing got very bad, that was 2 weeks ago, and I was coughing up mucus green/yellow, etc. I was and still am very hoarse, and the pain in my lung area in my back is so painful still. I visited my doctor twice, and both times was given a 7 day course of antibiotics and a chest x-ray that I have to wait 3 weeks for the result. The doctor says he is certain it is pneumonia. I have no energy.

Comment from: James wilson, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: November 07

After being released from the hospital I have been unable to keep food down and haven’t felt hungry for about 3 days now and can’t figure out why. I wonder if it is because of the pneumonia. I look like a zombie, the skin around my eyes are super dark, I am weak of course, and I’m super thirsty constantly; it seems I can keep down liquids much better but no solids.

Comment from: Bonnie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 05

I felt fatigued for a week leading up a Friday, when I woke up with 102 fever. I stayed home but Saturday morning, I had 103.5 fever. I went to the hospital and diagnosed with pneumonia based on chest x- ray of left lung; right lung was clear. I was put on 6 days of Levaquin. I stayed home for one week, then went to work for a week, but now have worse fatigue. I had another x-ray and my lungs are clear. I feel really fatigued, and find it difficult to walk without being tired - feel like I will pass out and dizzy. It takes a long time to heal!

Comment from: Pneumonia in Bangalo, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 19

I am a software engineer. I am a 25 years old female, I recently came to Bangalore, India for a new job. I agree I ate ice cream with friends, first I had cold, then the cough with mucus that didn't go away. I hated Bangalore’s pollution and chilled weather. My ENT doctor said it was normal cough. One day after coming from the office I choked, and was hospitalized. I did blood test and x-ray, and now I am having pneumonia. I am taking IV injection daily as well as nebulizer therapy.

Comment from: Chris Yantolo , 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 14

I'm 28 years old. I've been up and down and it's been a month now. The doctor referred me to the hospital to be admitted but they refused. I went there when it was early, they did take the x-ray and found that I have bacteria pneumonia. So last Sunday I went to the clinic because I was in pains and I didn't have appetite. Then the clinic doctor asked me to go to a hospital and to be admitted, but the doctor did his work by checking me up, then gave me a drip, and then he took an x-ray. For the pneumonia infection he didn't admit me, he just gave me antibiotics called Ranclav 1 g, and now I feel even sicker. If I eat I vomit so I don't eat, and I have chest pain and still sweat at night. And my body is tired. I don't know what to do.

Comment from: Zoe, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 24

I started to feel off on Wednesday and brushed it off as autoimmune inflammation I deal with periodically. By Friday, I had to go take a nap in my car during my lunch hour just to get through the day. I felt like something was wrong. On Saturday I felt ill but still well enough to go for a drive to the lake. By Saturday Night, I concluded I had a cough and went to get Sambucol elderberry syrup. Sunday, I spent in bed with full blown cough and fatigue. I went to work Monday and Tuesday figuring it was just a chest cold. But my cough sounded pretty bad. I also had body aches, mainly the back of my legs were killing me. I noticed on Tuesday morning that my lungs were crackling and making fizzy sounds. I also had the sweats and couldn’t get warm. I had to use a blanket at work. By Wednesday, I had cold sweats, headache, low appetite, sweats, and a dry hacking cough with occasional sputum. By Wednesday, my co-workers told me to go see a doctor. I went and showed a fever of 101. I explained the sounds my lungs were making, the leg pain, and the sweats. I was diagnosed with community acquired pneumonia and put on azithromycin (that was Wednesday). By Saturday, I felt super ill, stayed in bed sleeping and coughing. I saw the doctor again on Monday saying I didn’t feel much better. She heard the wheezing sounds deep in my lungs and prescribed Cefdinir and prednisone. X-ray did not reveal fluid buildup, but from what I researched, many pneumonia sufferers show negative x-rays so x-rays are on about 60 percent reliable in early stages of pneumonia. I’ve been off of work three more days but am now feeling better. I get tired easily though. Cough is much better.

Comment from: Over it, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 04

My pneumonia started with random bouts of nausea, vomiting and diarrhea on 1 occasion 2 weeks before other symptoms, then a head cold followed. After 2 days I developed joint pain and a persistent cough. Then I had asthma like symptoms with chest and upper back pain. Green sputum was being expelled, I was short of breath and so tired. I went to a doctor who thought bronchitis but ordered a chest x-ray just to check. Left lung lobe has atelectasis and consolidation. It was pneumonia. I just finished my antibiotic, of amoxicillin 500 gm for 7 days, but still have some symptoms.

Comment from: moe t, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 24

I have had pneumonia since December 2017. I have had 3 different antibiotics, a breather, and many x-rays. Now at Apr 20, 18 I still cough, have shortness of breath, intensive cough, and cannot lie down to sleep. Instead I sleep sitting up, or cough till the cows come home. The shortness of breath is bad enough I actually get angry during these episodes.

Comment from: Janine, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 24

The cough itself is the worst part of pneumonia. The first few days the fever is about 100 and much rest is needed so sleep is important. The antibiotics kicked in around day 3.

Comment from: Gasping for Air, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 09

I have been battling the flu and bacterial pneumonia for over 5 weeks now. It takes all the energy I have to get ready in the morning, I am short of breath, sweating and feeling like I am going to blackout. I can only walk maybe 50 ft. on flat ground, or walk up a flight of steps and I am out of breath, gasping for breath. When they x-rayed my chest again last week, I was found to have double pneumonia; x-ray shows both lungs whiteout. They gave me medications and two shots and sent me home. I had gone to the third urgent care since 1-13-18, and to date, with insurance, not counting urgent care co-pays I have paid over USD 1,100.00 at the local Walgreens for medicines and inhalers. I can’t stop coughing and have little energy and scared to walk for fear of passing out. After climbing a flight of stairs, my breathing is like I just ran a marathon. I think I may need to go to the hospital now. The medicines I have had thus far from these three Urgent Care visits; prednisone 10 and 20, oseltamivir, Advair Diskus, Virtussin AC, levofloxacin 750, benzonatate 100, ProAir HFA, doxycycline 100, albuterol 0.083 percent, omeprazole 40, Ventolin HFA, methylprednisolone 4, cefdinir 300, azithromycin 250, and Allegra 24; 16 medicines plus two shots, two steroid mixtures by mouth at the doctor’s office and two x-rays. It is like glue is stuck to my lungs and airways and my lung capacity is near zero and will not move no matter how much I cough. I coughed so much and hard yesterday that I felt like I was blacking out. Several years ago was the first time I had double pneumonia, I felt sick and weak, but kept pushing myself to go to work. I was hooked up to IVs for 5 days. I have contracted bacterial pneumonia every year since getting it that year and sometimes I get it twice a year. It typically takes me 5 to 10 weeks to recover, but this time is the toughest with near blackouts and pass outs, I have never experienced before. It feels like I am getting no air when I breathe and my breathing is shallower. Today marks a week since my last doctor’s visit and I may be at 10 percent of my normal self. I have no energy, headaches still and scared I am going to stop breathing for the first time in my life. It seems like each time I contract pneumonia the harder it is to get over it, as if it goes deeper and deeper within my lungs and thicker it gets. Hopefully this will help someone else!

Comment from: LNB, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 04

For close to a month I've had shortness of breath, like after exercising. I am a teacher, and sometimes I would feel extra breathy while talking. But it came and went, so I thought nothing of it. A couple days ago I was at work, and the shortness of breath just wouldn't let up. I had a slight pressure in my chest, as if something was pressing on it. No cough, no fever, no phlegm, so I took myself to the hospital worried about my heart, as I have heart disease in my family. Everything came up normal, except for the chest x-ray, which the doctor said was pneumonia. I've now been on antibiotics for about 38 hours, and the breathing issue is still with me, but still no cough. Everything on the internet that I've read about pneumonia doesn't seem to apply to me, except for the shortness of breath. I wonder if this could be something other than pneumonia. Other than the shortness of breath, I feel perfectly normal.

Comment from: Emr, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 27

I had headaches every day for 1 month. One day I spiked to a temperature of 102.5. That night I fell and could not move. My husband helped me up but I was disoriented and could not tell where I was. At that time I vomited which was only liquids because I hadn't eaten. He took me to the emergency room (ER) where I was diagnosed with pneumonia. When I arrived at the hospital they discovered I was in septic shock from the pneumonia. The overall mortality rate for that is 40 percent. If you have these symptoms, go to the ER. It was a scary experience.

Comment from: Koalas Mommy15, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 03

My age is 74. My pneumonia started out with a brief period of occasional coughing for which I would use a tad of mild cough syrup, or herbal sinus treatment. I had drainage most of the time and often tired without effort, and especially when taking my daily walk. I even got checked in at hospital with the belief it was heart symptoms and had an actual catheterization. This coughing went on for over 3 months and it sent the doctor into many tests for the heart. So I went to urgent care (UC) on Sunday finally as a safe bet. I was given concerned treatment and warnings to do a chest x-ray, and steroids as well as a list of other things. A throat culture was also taken here at the UC; my ears were treated by flushing, and I went home feeling some actual relief of the pressure in my head and chest! I was given a steroid shot and starting on amoxicillin went on to rest at home. A relief. Yet, still not a diagnosis until Tuesday when I got the call it was a lung infection better known as bacterial pneumonia! I had been walking around with it for months upon months only suspecting this due to some of my symptoms and I am not in the medical field, just read a lot about good health.

Comment from: onmywings, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 04

After suffering years of pneumonia bouts and treated by my family doctor, I went to a pulmonologist. Amazing, he knows exactly what to do and does not give just one little treatment, he hits it hard and fast starting with a shot and heavy antibiotics. Pneumonia is deadly. See the expert in that field, your life may depend on it. My family doctor was not equipped to properly deal with this. My pulmonologist sees it on a regular basis and has more knowledge.

Comment from: Loangirl, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 21

I had pneumonia and after I recovered, my doctor suggested I take a pneumonia shot that came in two parts. I took the first part and had a reaction, so I was encouraged not to take part two of the shot. I am concerned that I might get pneumonia again and wonder what I should do now. The site on my arm where I got the shot, became inflamed, swollen and itched. It did this on a monthly basis for almost a year.

Comment from: Shin, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 08

About 3 weeks ago I went to my primary care physician (PCP) and told him I thought I was developing bronchitis. I have had it twice already this year. He told me he believed it was adult onset allergies. I continued to cough and cough and feel progressively worse. Last week I went to my gynecologist and she listened to my lungs, advised me to have an x-ray. I was diagnosed with pneumonia. She wanted me to go back to my PCP and show him the x-ray. He did another x-ray (after being on antibiotics for less than 48 hours) and told me my lungs were clear as a bell and that I should not be doctor hopping. He does not perform Pap smears, breast exams, etc., so I have to go to a gynecologist. I am still coughing although less than before the medication. I want to know if I should believe that my lungs are already clear and does that mean I am well. Because I don't feel well. I am to take the medicines for 10 days.

Comment from: Lynzy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 04

I have never been known medically to go by a text book. I have extensive health asthma as well as metastatic disease in the upper and outer quadrant with right and left pneumothorax. I felt pain breathing in on left side I had a mild cough, no different than any other day. Once up and moving I felt better but then at night started with low fever 100 to 101 maximum. I'd wake up with no fever, pain would diminish, and I’d feel great. I did finally call my doctor. Due to the fevers, I had a chest x-ray, and to my surprise it was pneumonia. Historically, I'd be in the ICU. Antibiotics, lots of water and still scratching my head.

Comment from: volfan, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 15

I have been dealing with pneumonia for almost 5 weeks now. At first the only symptoms were, no energy, constantly coughing up junk, terrible wheezing, and constant shortness of breath. After 5 weeks I still cough up junk and get a little winded but breathing has improved. I still have low energy and some days it feels like it's almost over but then a day or two later I will feel pretty bad. I went through two rounds of strong antibiotics, steroids and still taking breathing treatments. I am ready to feel well again!

Comment from: Migesh, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 26

I just spent 36 hours in the hospital with the only primary symptoms being extreme headache just under the skull on top of my head (even my hair hurts), and sustained temperatures between 101 and 104. I am waiting 2 days for some cultures to develop, as they originally suspected encephalitis and/or meningitis. The last test was a chest x-ray which showed a light cloudy area in my left lung, so they now include pneumonia as a possible cause. The problem is that my blood and urine and spinal fluid tests all showed no signs of any infection, such as high white blood cell counts, etc. Also, I have no cough or chest pain or difficulty breathing, and when they listen to my chest, they cannot hear anything abnormal. I have been prescribed 5 days of Levaquin under the assumption I may have pneumonia, but the doctors were stumped by my lack of normal chest symptoms. I am now at home, still with really intense headaches and persistent fever of 100.5 to 102.5.

Comment from: Tikalasi, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 12

I went to the doctor last week and I found out I have pneumonia. This has been going for a while that it has infected my lungs which have started to bleed. I did not know I had pneumonia because I felt absolutely fine until last Thursday when I coughed out blood. So I decided to go see the doctor for a checkup. I had no sign of fever, chest-pain or anything besides coughing out blood and a back pain. The doctor decided to take a blood count and an x-ray test and found out my red blood cell count is fine but the white blood cell count is not normal. However the doctor gave me amoxicillin to take three times a day. I hope this will stop the bleeding.

Comment from: anon71, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

I got pneumonia whilst working in Kuala Lumpur. I started with what I thought was a cold but I couldn't get warm and had goose bumps all over my body and was shivering. I went to the doctor who said I had a virus and therefore didn't need antibiotics. After a few days I started to feel worse and then really disoriented and sick. Luckily someone called BUPA for me as I was covered through my employers. They advised to take me straight to hospital and within the hour I was on a nebulizer and hooked up to a drip of antibiotics. I was in for 3 days and begged the doctor to let me fly home to the UK so I could recover at home. I have not been right since and it is nearly 8 months later. I had to have another set of antibiotics, got a really bad cold within weeks, now I have another lung infection which luckily I have caught early and am on really strong antibiotics. Before all this I used to run 10K a week and never had problems with my lungs. My chest feels sore and tight all the time and gets worse at random times of the day. I still cough all the time and have 2 inhalers one powder based that I take twice a day and the other I take when I start to cough. I have been tested negative for asthma but the nurse said I ran out of breath really quickly and it didn't improve after using the inhaler. I am sorry for such a long story, I hope it helps someone out there.

Comment from: Porshe, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 08

Before double pneumonia I had the flu for a week, loss of appetite. On the 5th day I felt better to go to work only to find out I had shortness of breath. I went to the emergency room to find out I had pneumonia in both lungs. After having IVs of antibiotics I was released the 5th day with antibiotics for 12 days that on the 5th day of using left me with shortness of breath and increased heartbeat. I was referred to colloidal silver plus and three table spoons in one day had cleared up shortness of breath, but I continued it for a week. After two weeks with the pneumonia I am feeling like myself after using it. I urge you to use it and you will feel the difference in one day. I had to share because I feel good and returning to work after a 4 week bout with flu and then pneumonia.

Comment from: MJThompson, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 03

I've been ill with pneumonia for about a week and surprisingly, haven't felt short of breath yet. The pain started on my right side and spread across my chest. It hurt more when I inhaled. It hurt inside my body, not in my chest wall. After two days it became so painful as to be worrisome. Then I started a constant forceful dry cough, my fever went over 101 F and stayed there for days. My throat became very painful from coughing. Appetite was uneven. I became nauseated after too much activity. I became extremely hoarse after two days of coughing. There is very little nasal congestion or running. I am constantly weak. The doctor prescribed Zithromax, benzonatate for cough, and a fever reducer. Prior to taking benzonatate, I didn't have a sensation of chest congestion and my cough was dry. After starting benzonatate my cough became productive. Fever started to drop 48 hours after starting Zithromax. Six days after the pain started, I am not so weak and my chest is not painful, only sore. I still have lots of coughing and rattling, and I haven't got my voice back yet.

Comment from: chuck p. md, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 29

Don't let classic symptoms fool you. My only symptoms of pneumonia were not getting enough air, nausea, and chills. No cough, no headache no fever, etc. I was fine and went in for a total knee replacement (TKR). On the fourth day I was sent home. Within 12 hours I was fighting for my life in the emergency room. After 6 days in ICU I was home and lungs were clear. Diagnosis was pleural effusion, bacterial pneumonia, and acute respiratory failure. The cause was never determined. Heart, liver, kidneys all were well. I was not intubated during the TKR surgery.

Comment from: cindee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 17

I was just having bronchitis symtoms and feeling extra tired. I went to the ER and was diagnosed with bronchitis, treated with IV antibiotics and sent home with prescriptions. The next morning I was not coughing much but I feel more tired and had developed diarrhea and shortness of breath. My daughter took me to a different ER. On the way there I had temporary loss of my vision and on the way in to ER. I thought I had difficulty getting my breath. My blood pressure was 50/37 upon arrival. The diagnosis at this ER was at first bacterial pneumonia but later I was told it was sepsis and by the next morning, I was on a ventilator. I was told my kidneys were shutting down. I was on a vent for six days. What a nightmare. At only 46 years old with no previously diagnosed medical problems except arthritis and migrane headaches, even the doctors were perplexed. Swine flu and all immune defecit diseases were ruled out. Apparently I had allowed myself to get dehydrated and became anemic and did not go to the doctor right away because I had felt sicker in the past and had gotten better without help. After sixteen days in the hospital I am getting back to normal. Energy level is improving but not quite there and I seem to forget things more and present more scattered than before. Hopefully the neuro issues are related to the medications that were given to me to paralyze me and evenually I will be back to my old self. Being that close to death and having a six year old to raise is pretty scary. I thank God that I am here today.

I had a severe chest pain one day at work with lightheadedness and tingling in fingers. I had had a bad cold about two weeks earlier, but it had cleared up. The pain lasted about 15 minutes then subsided. I went home, ate a normal supper, took a hot bath and went to bed. Within one hour I was chilling all over my body and became extremely nauseous. I had no clue what was wrong and just endured all of this with a fever. I did not have a thermometer, but knew I was very hot. In the early morning we went to a walk in clinic. They thought I might be having a heart attack, due to the fact I am 53, a woman, and had had the chest pain, and had really no sign of a cough or anything. After blood tests and x-rays, however, it was determined I had pneumonia. They gave me intravenous IV antibiotics in the hospital and then let me go home with another antibiotic prescription. I go back to doctor in two weeks.

Comment from: Miles, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 02

I've experienced difficulty breathing 2 weeks ago. My doctor told me to take an x-ray. When the results came out he said my lungs are ok, no sign of pneumonia. My concern is why up till now I am still having difficulty in breathing.

Comment from: Hend, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 27

I have shortness of breathing every month, so I take antibiotic. I feel good and after a month the same symptoms of pneumonia appear: the shortness of breath and so on, every month. I take everything - Singulair and Seretide without benefits.

Comment from: bjmosco, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 23

In December 2019, I was sick with an unknown illness, so sick with symptoms I had never had before, I literally felt as though I was going to die. I was coughing constantly, it hurt to breathe, I had profuse sweating, my mind could not function, etc., but every time my doctor checked my lungs, they sounded clear. How can this be! Neither antibiotics nor steroids helped and I suffered immensely. I slowly got better after a month but it returned in January within a few weeks. Wonder if this could have been pneumonia or something else.

Comment from: Nikki, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 17

I just want to put this out there. Stay away from Levaquin for pneumonia. It tore my rotator cuff. There is a black box warning and it has been discontinued. Stay safe!

CONTINUE SCROLLING FOR RELATED SLIDESHOW