Viewer Comments: Bad Breath (Halitosis) - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bad Breath (Halitosis):

Bad Breath (Halitosis) - Causes

What were the causes of your bad breath?

Comment from: Dr Manish S., 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: November 01

I had fracture of left clavicle at dusk on 26 October, 2016. Had reduction of fracture whilst still in shock. My rib also had cracked. I had Ace bandage to support rib and to immobilize left arm, performed under personal supervision by neighbor. Review by physician informs me that it was much cheaper, but suggested x-ray. 'But Dad,' I said, 'Am I made of money!' I am treating with ibuprofen, Ace bandages, and vodka PRN. An emergency room visit would set me back USD 3 to 8 K, with no enhancement of treatment, and a prescription for Tylenol 2. No. I don't suggest this for all cases. I have (essentially) EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) training, and I know my limits.

Comment from: nina, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 21

I have had bad breath from birth. Nothing works, not even after dental cleaning. The next minute smell is bad again.

Comment from: joe1, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 19

I have battling bad breath for years. I have some missing teeth and crowns. I am so depressed over it and have seen several dentists who have not given any answers. I will love to get implants but can't afford it. I think decay lays under a crown that I have.

Comment from: Granny, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 05

My severely autistic grandson has breath that smells like fecal matter. His teeth are brushed daily. He is on a lot of medication. So it is likely the medication.

Comment from: alexsmercson, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

I have had bad breath and I lost my job due to it. I had tonsil stones and awful bad breath. My friend told me to check Oraltech Labs as it got rid of his bad breath and his post nasal drip. I've been following Oraltech Labs advice for about four months now and I feel much better, also people are not avoiding me anymore so it seems to have cured my bad breath as well.

Comment from: MedicalProblems2011, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 03

Turns out that I had a lot of stomach problems and poor dental hygiene did not help. The two together created a bomb of bad breath odors and it kept me from talking closely to anyone.

Comment from: Osprey, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 17

Everyone steps back whenever I open my mouth. I know I have bad breath, but I don't know what I can do about it, since I have tried everything. I do not know how one determines if they have tonsil stones or how to eliminate them.

Must Read Articles Related to Bad Breath (Halitosis)

GERD FAQs (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease)
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) FAQs Acid reflux (GERD) is caused by lifestyle factors (learn more >>
Thrush
Oral Thrush Oral thrush is an infection of the tongue, i...learn more >>
Periodontal Disease (Gum Disease)
Periodontal (Gum) Disease Periodontal disease is an infection of the tissues that support the learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bad Breath (Halitosis):

Bad Breath - Home Remedies

What home remedies have been effective for your bad breath?