Bedwetting

Please describe your experience with bedwetting. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Confused Mom, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 16

My son is 9 years old this July but sad to note that at this stage he bed wets. When he was younger this rarely happened. But at this age, he does. I'm alarmed. Based on observation when my son uses gadgets like the cellular phone and tablet for his games for 30 minutes or more, he is expected to suffer another bedwetting. I wonder if the use of gadget is related to his bedwetting. I need help.

Comment from: Proud~mamma, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 21

My son turns 10 on Tuesday. He has been struggling with wetting the bed his whole life. I have done almost everything possible except for medications. I have limited his fluid intake after four pm, he is not allowed to drink soda unless it's a special occasion, I make sure he uses the bathroom right before bedtime, and I've even been using the bed pads since he is getting too big for the pull ups, yet he continues to wet the bed. I know he gets embarrassed when he has sleepovers due to his bed wetting.

• Bedwetting - Treatment

What treatments have been effective for your child's bedwetting?

Post View 1 Comment

Adams, D., and S. Vohna. “Complementary, Holistic and Integrative Medicine: Nocturnal Enuresis.” Pediatris in Review 30.10 October 2009.

Italiono, D. "Iatrogenic Nocturnal Enuresis -- an Overlooked Side Effect of Antihistamines?" J. Postgrad Med 61.2 April-June 2015: 110-111.

Nepple, Kenneth G., and Cooper, Christopher S. "Etiology and Clinical Features of Voiding Dysfunction in Children." UpToDate. June 19, 2015. <http://www.uptodate.com/contents/etiology-and-clinical-features-of-bladder-dysfunction-in-children>.

Tu, Naiwen D., Laurence S. Baskin, and Anne M. Arnhym. "Nocturnal enuresis in children: Etiology and Evaluation." UpToDate. Dec. 15, 2015. <http://www.uptodate.com/contents/nocturnal-enuresis-in-children-etiology-and-evaluation>.

Tu, Naiwen D., and Laurence S. Baskin. "Management of Nocturnal Enuresis in Children." UpToDate. July 11, 2016. <http://www.uptodate.com/contents/nocturnal-enuresis-in-children-management>.