Must Read Articles:
Do Any Weight Loss Pills Really Work?Weight loss pills are medications used to treat people who are overweight or obese. These kinds of medications are used along with healthy eating, physical activity, and behavior modification.
How Can I Lose Weight NaturallyWeight loss can help reduce the risk of developing serious health conditions. It is important to get information before starting a weight loss plan. People who lose weight gradually and naturally, about 1 to 2 pounds per week, tend to have more success over the long term than people who try fad diets.
How Do I Reduce My Belly Fat QuicklyThe only way to lose weight is through burning fewer calories than you consume; fad diets, if they work at all, lead to temporary weight loss often composed mostly of water weight and not fat burning. It’s impossible to target body parts for weight loss; your belly will gradually shrink as you lose weight, in general.
How Many Calories A Day to Lose WeightTo lose about one pound per week, aim to eat 500 fewer calories per day. Do not go below 1,200 calories per day without a doctor’s recommendation or medical supervision.
Weight Loss and ControlObesity is simply the accumulation of excess body fat. It is much more than that, however. Obesity is a chronic (long-term) disease that is very difficult to treat. It takes 3,500 extra calories to gain 1 pound. To lose weight, you must eat 3,500 calories less than you need, say, 500 fewer calories per day for one week, to lose 1 pound.
Obesity is simply the accumulation of excess body fat. It is much more than that, however. Obesity is a chronic (long-term) disease that is very difficult to treat. It takes 3,500 extra calories to gain 1 pound. To lose weight, you must eat 3,500 calories less than you need, say, 500 fewer calories per day for one week, to lose 1 pound.
Expert Views and News
- Antidepressants: Varied Effects on Weight
- Pot Belly Linked to Heavy Smoking
- A Pound of Weight Gain on a Single Plate?
- Contrave, Newest Weight Loss Option: FAQ
- Alli Weight Loss Drug Recalled Over Tampering
- Caffeine Linked to Low-Birth-Weight Babies
- Brown Fat Transplants May Spur Weight Loss
- Belly Fat Bad for Men's Bones
- A Diet That Asks You Not to Lose Weight (at First)
- Adult Kidney Failure Tied to Excess Weight as Teen
- Addiction a Risk After Weight Loss Surgery
- Are You in Denial About Your Weight?
- Can Weight Loss Cool Hot Flashes?
- Better Way to Predict Weight Loss?
- Not All Belly Fat Is Bad for the Heart
- Sugar May Add to Weight Gain in U.S.
- Children's Belly Fat Affects Heart Risk
- Belly Fat Is Key to U.S. Diabetes Risk
- Belly Fat Linked to Dementia
- Bariatric Patients Keep Weight Off
- Belly Fat Is Culprit in Stroke Gender Gap
- Antipsychotics Tied to Kids' Weight Gain
- Beer Belly Really a 'Binge Belly?'
- Calcium Pills May Not Slow Weight Gain
- Can Vibration Plates Shake off Weight?
- Probiotics Cut Belly Fat After Pregnancy
- Weight Loss Products Recalled
- Blueberries May Banish Belly Fat
- Heart Failure: Belly Fat Bad, Exercise Good
- Belly Fat May Raise Restless Legs Risk
- Baby's Weight Gain Tied to Later Obesity
- Belly Fat Bad for Your Lungs?
- Breastfeeding Helps Moms Lose Weight
- Boot Camps: Weapons in Weight Loss Battle