Bladder Control Problems

Please describe your experience with bladder control problems. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: pat b, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 18

I have bladder leakage problems since having complete hysterectomy done and 2 bladder suspensions, forever and a day. I use Tena heavy or Poise pads doubling up. My urethra doesn't work. I have used medications to control but they don't really help. I have Kegel exerciser, I am lazy to use it and am obese. I have had a collagen treatment in the past but it has worn off.

Comment from: nessy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, I have been having trouble with incontinence. It happens when I sleep, walk, cough, or sneeze. I was diagnosed 2 years ago. It was in remission, now I slowly became incontinent. Sometimes while walking to the bathroom, I lose the ability to hold it, seems like I go a bit all the time, from a little flow to heavy flow. I wear a pad now and embarrassed to go anywhere because when the heavy flow happens I can't stop it. I also have 2 herniated discs.

Medically reviewed by Michael Wolff, MD; American Board of Urology

REFERENCE:

"Evaluation of women with urinary incontinence"
UpToDate.com "Treatment of urinary incontinence in women"
UpToDate.com "Urinary incontinence in men"
UpToDate.com