High Blood Pressure
Blood pressure can be defined as the pressure of blood on the walls of the arteries as it circulates through the body. Blood pressure is highest as its leaves the heart through the aorta and gradually decreases as it enters smaller and smaller blood vessels (arteries, arterioles, and capillaries).
See the complete A-Z list of all the Blood Pressure related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Blood Pressure Related Resources
Blood Pressure Articles
- High Blood Pressure (Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Diet, Medication)
- Kidney Disease
- Low Blood Pressure
- What Is a Dangerously Low Blood Pressure?
- How Do You Feel When You Have High Blood Pressure?
- What Is the Danger Zone for High Blood Pressure?
- Can You Be Cured of High Blood Pressure?
- What Are the Warning Signs of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)?
- How Do You Check for a Blood Clot in Your Leg?
- Can You Die if You Have a Blood Clot in Your Leg?
- Renal Artery Stenosis
- Low Blood Pressure: A Typical Night in the ER
Blood Pressure Medications
- amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta) (Twynsta)
- amlodipine, hydrochlorothiazide, and valsartan (Exforge HCT) (Exforge HCT)
- clevidipine (Cleviprex) (Cleviprex)
- hydrochlorothiazide and aliskiren (Tekturna HCT) (Tekturna HCT)
- amlodipine and olmesartan (Azor) (Azor)
- aliskiren (Tekturna) (Tekturna)
- amlodipine and valsartan (Exforge) (Exforge)
- nebivolol (Bystolic) (Bystolic)
- amlodipine and atorvastatin (Caduet) (Caduet)
- hydrochlorothiazide and olmesartan (Benicar HCT) (Benicar HCT)
- treprostinil (inhalation) (Tyvaso, Tyvaso Refill Kit, Tyvaso Starter Kit) (Tyvaso, Tyvaso Refill Kit, Tyvaso Starter Kit)
- olmesartan (Benicar) (Benicar)
- hydrochlorothiazide and telmisartan (Micardis HCT) (Micardis HCT)
- hydrochlorothiazide and candesartan (Atacand HCT) (Atacand HCT)
- hydrochlorothiazide and fosinopril (Monopril HCT) (Monopril HCT)
Blood Pressure Images and Slideshows
- Hypertension: What High Blood Pressure Can Do to Your Body
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension): Symptoms, Causes, Treatments
- Salt Shockers: Where High-Sodium Foods Lurk, and How to Avoid Them
- Picture of Renal Artery Stenosis
- Picture of Hypertension
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): Symptoms, Signs, Causes
- How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips
- Picture of Baroreceptors
- Picture of Blood Pressure
Blood Pressure Quizzes
Blood Pressure News
- FDA Issues Alert on Irbesartan Due to Contamination
- Blood Pressure Drug May Curb Problem Drinking
- Tainted Valsartan Recall Expands as More Drug Makers Implicated
- Noisy Workplace Linked to Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia
- Triple Low-Dose Combo Pill a Success in Hypertension
- Uncontrolled Hypertension Unchanged in US Adults
- Hypertension in 40s Linked to Later Dementia, but Only in Women
- Marijuana Use May Raise Risk of Dying From Hypertension
- Fluctuating Home Blood Pressure Linked to Dementia
- Migraine Tied to Hypertension Risk in Women
- Updated Hypertension Guidelines Released
- Poor Blood-Pressure Control Puts Millions at Risk
- Blood Pressure: How Low to Go?
- Drugs Not Always Best for Mild High Blood Pressure
- Studies Question Need to Watch Your Salt