High Blood Pressure
Blood pressure can be defined as the pressure of blood on the walls of the arteries as it circulates through the body. Blood pressure is highest as its leaves the heart through the aorta and gradually decreases as it enters smaller and smaller blood vessels (arteries, arterioles, and capillaries).
See the complete A-Z list of all the Blood Pressure related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Blood Pressure Related Resources
Blood Pressure Articles
- What Are the Warning Signs of Hypertension?
- What Can Cause Low Blood Pressure?
- How Do You Feel When You Have Low Blood Pressure?
- What Does It Mean If You Have Low Blood Pressure?
- What Are the Long-Term Side Effects of Beta-Blockers?
- What Should We Eat When BP Is High?
- What Are the Best Fruits to Lower Blood Pressure?
- What Are the Top Drinks for Lowering Blood Pressure?
- What Should We Do When BP Is Low?
- How to Treat Emergency Low Blood Pressure
- What Are the Bad Side Effects of Benicar?
- What Is a Hypertension Headache Caused By?
- Why Is My Blood Pressure Low?
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Chronic Kidney Disease
Blood Pressure Medications
- amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta) (Twynsta)
- amlodipine, hydrochlorothiazide, and valsartan (Exforge HCT) (Exforge HCT)
- clevidipine (Cleviprex) (Cleviprex)
- hydrochlorothiazide and aliskiren (Tekturna HCT) (Tekturna HCT)
- amlodipine and olmesartan (Azor) (Azor)
- aliskiren (Tekturna) (Tekturna)
- amlodipine and valsartan (Exforge) (Exforge)
- nebivolol (Bystolic, Nebivolol) (Bystolic)
- amlodipine and atorvastatin (Caduet) (Caduet)
- hydrochlorothiazide and olmesartan (Benicar HCT) (Benicar HCT)
- treprostinil (inhalation) (Tyvaso, Tyvaso Refill Kit, Tyvaso Starter Kit) (Tyvaso, Tyvaso Refill Kit, Tyvaso Starter Kit)
- olmesartan (Benicar) (Benicar)
- hydrochlorothiazide and telmisartan (Micardis HCT) (Micardis HCT)
- hydrochlorothiazide and candesartan (Atacand HCT) (Atacand HCT)
- hydrochlorothiazide and fosinopril (Monopril HCT) (Monopril HCT)
Blood Pressure Images and Slideshows
- How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips
- Hypertension: 15 Surprising Things That Raise Your Blood Pressure
- Hypertension: What High Blood Pressure Can Do to Your Body
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension): Symptoms, Causes, Treatments
- Salt Shockers: Where High-Sodium Foods Lurk, and How to Avoid Them
- Picture of Renal Artery Stenosis
- Picture of Hypertension
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): Symptoms, Signs, Causes
- Picture of Baroreceptors
- Picture of Blood Pressure
Blood Pressure Quizzes
Blood Pressure News
- Flavonoid-Rich Foods, Aided by Gut Bacteria, Tied to Lower BP
- Hypertension Worsened by Commonly Used Prescription Meds
- Apples, Berries, and Tea: Flavanols Effective for BP Lowering?
- Can You Die if You Have a Blood Clot in Your Leg?
- How Do You Feel When You Have High Blood Pressure?
- How Do You Check for a Blood Clot in Your Leg?
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Expands Patient-Level Losartan Recall
- Do Blood Clots Go Away on Their Own?
- Is Coffee Good for Low Blood Pressure?
- What Foods Are Good for Low Blood Pressure?
- FDA Issues Alert on Irbesartan Due to Contamination
- What Is a Dangerously Low Blood Pressure?
- Blood Pressure Drug May Curb Problem Drinking
- Tainted Valsartan Recall Expands as More Drug Makers Implicated
- What Is the Danger Zone for High Blood Pressure?