High Blood Pressure
Blood pressure can be defined as the pressure of blood on the walls of the arteries as it circulates through the body. Blood pressure is highest as its leaves the heart through the aorta and gradually decreases as it enters smaller and smaller blood vessels (arteries, arterioles, and capillaries).
See the complete A-Z list of all the Blood Pressure related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Blood Pressure Related Resources
Blood Pressure Articles
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Renal Artery Stenosis
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension)
- When Should You Go to the ER for Blood Pressure?
- What Is the Best Time to Take Amlodipine?
- How Long Can You Stay on Beta-Blockers?
- What Are the 4 Best Blood Pressure Drugs?
- What Is a Normal Blood Pressure Range by Age?
- Can Drinking Water Lower Blood Pressure?
- What Are the Stages of Hypertension?
- What Are 5 Symptoms of Hypertension?
- How Can I Raise My Potassium Level?
- What Are the Warning Signs of Hypertension?
- What Can Cause Low Blood Pressure?
- How Do You Feel When You Have Low Blood Pressure?
Blood Pressure Medications
- amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta) (Twynsta)
- amlodipine, hydrochlorothiazide, and valsartan (Exforge HCT) (Exforge HCT)
- clevidipine (Cleviprex) (Cleviprex)
- hydrochlorothiazide and aliskiren (Tekturna HCT) (Tekturna HCT)
- amlodipine and olmesartan (Azor) (Azor)
- aliskiren (Tekturna) (Tekturna)
- amlodipine and valsartan (Exforge) (Exforge)
- nebivolol (Bystolic, Nebivolol) (Bystolic)
- amlodipine and atorvastatin (Caduet) (Caduet)
- hydrochlorothiazide and olmesartan (Benicar HCT) (Benicar HCT)
- treprostinil (inhalation) (Tyvaso, Tyvaso Refill Kit, Tyvaso Starter Kit) (Tyvaso, Tyvaso Refill Kit, Tyvaso Starter Kit)
- olmesartan (Benicar) (Benicar)
- hydrochlorothiazide and telmisartan (Micardis HCT) (Micardis HCT)
- hydrochlorothiazide and candesartan (Atacand HCT) (Atacand HCT)
- hydrochlorothiazide and fosinopril (Monopril HCT) (Monopril HCT)
Blood Pressure Images and Slideshows
- Hypertension: What High Blood Pressure Can Do to Your Body
- Hypertension: 15 Surprising Things That Raise Your Blood Pressure
- How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension): Symptoms, Causes, Treatments
- Salt Shockers: Where High-Sodium Foods Lurk, and How to Avoid Them
- Picture of Renal Artery Stenosis
- Picture of Hypertension
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): Symptoms, Signs, Causes
- Picture of Blood Pressure
- Picture of Baroreceptors
Blood Pressure Quizzes
Blood Pressure News
- How Do You Feel When You Have High Blood Pressure?
- Can You Die if You Have a Blood Clot in Your Leg?
- How Do You Check for a Blood Clot in Your Leg?
- Do Blood Clots Go Away on Their Own?
- Is Coffee Good for Low Blood Pressure?
- What Foods Are Good for Low Blood Pressure?
- What Is a Dangerously Low Blood Pressure?
- Can You Be Cured of High Blood Pressure?
- What Is the Danger Zone for High Blood Pressure?
- What Are the Warning Signs of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)?