High Blood Pressure
Blood pressure can be defined as the pressure of blood on the walls of the arteries as it circulates through the body. Blood pressure is highest as its leaves the heart through the aorta and gradually decreases as it enters smaller and smaller blood vessels (arteries, arterioles, and capillaries).
See the complete A-Z list of all the Blood Pressure related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Blood Pressure Related Resources
Blood Pressure Articles
- What Is the Best Time to Take Amlodipine?
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- How Long Can You Stay on Beta-Blockers?
- What Are the 4 Best Blood Pressure Drugs?
- What Is a Normal Blood Pressure Range by Age?
- Can Drinking Water Lower Blood Pressure?
- What Are the Stages of Hypertension?
- What Are 5 Symptoms of Hypertension?
- How Can I Raise My Potassium Level?
- What Are the Warning Signs of Hypertension?
- What Can Cause Low Blood Pressure?
- How Do You Feel When You Have Low Blood Pressure?
- What Does It Mean If You Have Low Blood Pressure?
- What Are the Long-Term Side Effects of Beta-Blockers?
- What Should We Eat When BP Is High?
Blood Pressure Medications
- amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta) (Twynsta)
- amlodipine, hydrochlorothiazide, and valsartan (Exforge HCT) (Exforge HCT)
- clevidipine (Cleviprex) (Cleviprex)
- hydrochlorothiazide and aliskiren (Tekturna HCT) (Tekturna HCT)
- amlodipine and olmesartan (Azor) (Azor)
- aliskiren (Tekturna) (Tekturna)
- amlodipine and valsartan (Exforge) (Exforge)
- nebivolol (Bystolic, Nebivolol) (Bystolic)
- amlodipine and atorvastatin (Caduet) (Caduet)
- hydrochlorothiazide and olmesartan (Benicar HCT) (Benicar HCT)
- treprostinil (inhalation) (Tyvaso, Tyvaso Refill Kit, Tyvaso Starter Kit) (Tyvaso, Tyvaso Refill Kit, Tyvaso Starter Kit)
- olmesartan (Benicar) (Benicar)
- hydrochlorothiazide and telmisartan (Micardis HCT) (Micardis HCT)
- hydrochlorothiazide and candesartan (Atacand HCT) (Atacand HCT)
- hydrochlorothiazide and fosinopril (Monopril HCT) (Monopril HCT)
Blood Pressure Images and Slideshows
- Hypertension: What High Blood Pressure Can Do to Your Body
- Hypertension: 15 Surprising Things That Raise Your Blood Pressure
- How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension): Symptoms, Causes, Treatments
- Salt Shockers: Where High-Sodium Foods Lurk, and How to Avoid Them
- Picture of Renal Artery Stenosis
- Picture of Hypertension
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): Symptoms, Signs, Causes
- Picture of Baroreceptors
- Picture of Blood Pressure
Blood Pressure Quizzes
Blood Pressure News
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids May Reduce Blood Pressure
- Mixing BP Meds With NSAID May Be 'Triple Whammy' for Kidneys
- 'Striking' Differences in BP When Wrong Cuff Size Is Used
- Flavonoid-Rich Foods, Aided by Gut Bacteria, Tied to Lower BP
- Hypertension Worsened by Commonly Used Prescription Meds
- Apples, Berries, and Tea: Flavanols Effective for BP Lowering?
- Can You Die if You Have a Blood Clot in Your Leg?
- How Do You Feel When You Have High Blood Pressure?
- How Do You Check for a Blood Clot in Your Leg?
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Expands Patient-Level Losartan Recall
- Do Blood Clots Go Away on Their Own?
- Is Coffee Good for Low Blood Pressure?
- What Foods Are Good for Low Blood Pressure?
- FDA Issues Alert on Irbesartan Due to Contamination
- What Is a Dangerously Low Blood Pressure?