DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis Blood Clot in the Leg)

Do you know what caused your deep vein thrombosis (DVT)? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Alamo52ca, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 20

I was treated for gout in left foot and was given Arthrotec; a rare side effect is a clot. One week after my prescription finished, my right foot swelled. I was diagnosed with blood clot. I am still on anticoagulant for deep vein thrombosis 2 1/2 years later. No clot left, only scar tissue. It will be a life time medicine I presume.

Comment from: Francesca, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 31

My first deep vein thrombosis (DVT) landed me in hospital for nineteen days. About two weeks after discharge, I was ordered to my doctor's office. I was then diagnosed with antiphospholipid antibody syndrome which had caused the DVT.

Comment from: RedPoppet, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I have just been diagnosed with my third deep vein thrombosis (DVT). The first, in 2001, was as a result of surgery. The 2nd, in 2014, was after a long-haul flight from US to Australia. The reason for the 3rd, current [April 2016] DVT is still to be determined. No surgeries, flights or other obvious triggers and past blood screen has indicated that I do not have a clotting disorder.

Comment from: Marty, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I just completed Cytoxan/Adriamycin for breast cancer. I think that is what caused my deep vein thrombosis (DVT).

QUESTION