Font Size

Boxer's Fracture (cont.)

When to Seek Medical Care

Any time a person has an injury and a fracture is suspected, contact a doctor for instructions. If a doctor is unavailable, go to the emergency department for evaluation. Contact a doctor or go to the emergency department if the affected individual's hand or arm has been splinted or casted and they develop increasing pain, numbness, or tingling in the fingers on the casted or splinted arm. Any signs of infection from a cut or sutured wound also require evaluation by a doctor.

Any hand injury that has signs or symptoms suggesting a fracture should be evaluated by a doctor. This may be accomplished by contacting a doctor. If the affected individual cannot see a doctor immediately, go to a hospital's emergency department.

Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/30/2015
Medical Author:

Must Read Articles Related to Boxer's Fracture

Broken Finger
Broken Finger A broken finger may have symptoms of sharp...learn more >>

Patient Comments & Reviews

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Boxer's Fracture:

Boxer's Fracture - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your boxer's fracture?

Read What Your Physician is Reading on Medscape

Metacarpal Fractures »

This article reviews metacarpal fractures and dislocations in the hand.

Read More on Medscape Reference »

Medical Dictionary