Alzheimer's disease (AD) is the most common cause of dementia in industrialized nations. Dementia is a brain disorder that interferes with a person's ability to carry out everyday activities.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Brain and Nervous System related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Brain and Nervous System Related Resources
Brain and Nervous System Articles
- Is Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Contagious?
- Bell's Palsy
- Can COVID-19 Cause Bell's Palsy?
- What Is the Difference Between Paresthesia and Dysesthesia?
- How Long Does It Take to Recover from a Brain Biopsy?
- How Long Can You Live with Muscular Dystrophy?
- How Do You Get Rid of Restless Leg Syndrome Fast?
- Seizures Emergencies
- Seizures in Children
- How Does Parkinson's Start?
- What Can Cause Seizures?
Brain and Nervous System Medications
- lacosamide (oral/injection) (Vimpat) (Vimpat)
- rufinamide (Banzel) (Banzel)
- lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse) (Vyvanse)
- rasagiline (Azilect) (Azilect)
- natalizumab (Tysabri) (Tysabri)
- apomorphine (Apokyn, Kynmobi) (Apokyn)
- memantine (Namenda, Namenda XR) (Namenda)
- carbidopa, entacapone, and levodopa (Stalevo 100, Stalevo 125, Stalevo 150) (Stalevo 100, Stalevo 125, Stalevo 150 and more)
- atomoxetine (Strattera) (Strattera)
- dexmethylphenidate (Focalin, Focalin XR) (Focalin, Focalin XR)
- galantamine (Razadyne, Razadyne ER, Reminyl) (Razadyne, Razadyne ER)
- tetrabenazine (Xenazine) (Xenazine)
- rivastigmine transdermal (Exelon) (Exelon)
- rivastigmine (oral) (Exelon) (Exelon)
- zonisamide (Zonegran) (Zonegran)
Brain and Nervous System Images and Slideshows
- Multiple Sclerosis: Signs of Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
- Restless Legs Syndrome: 16 Natural Remedies and Treatment for RLS
- What Is Multiple Sclerosis? MS Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis
- Brain and Nervous System: What's Causing My Loss of Smell and Taste?
- Managing Concentration Killers: Smartphones, Social Media, and More
- Concussions & Brain Injuries: Symptoms, Tests, Treatment
- Brain and Nervous System: Left-Handed vs. Right-Handed People
- Healthy Aging: Reasons for Memory Loss and Dementia Risk
- Brain and Nervous System: How Conditions Change Your Brain
- Picture of Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms
- Picture of Alzheimer's Disease
- Picture of Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD)
- Picture of Huntington's Disease
- Picture of Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Picture of Pituitary Gland
Brain and Nervous System Quizzes
- Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Stroke Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Autism Quiz: Test Your IQ of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Epilepsy & Seizures Quiz: What Causes Seizures?
- Parkinson's Disease Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Childhood ADHD Quiz: Test, Symptoms & Medication
- Vertigo and Balance Disorders Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Alzheimers Disease Quiz: Stages, Symptoms & Signs
Brain and Nervous System News
- Vitamins C and E Linked to Reduced Risk for Parkinson's Disease
- Eye Changes May Identify Parkinson's Disease
- Encouraging Results for New Epilepsy Drug
- Common Newborn Hearing Test Promising for Early Detection of Autism
- Do Leisure Activities Really Mitigate Dementia Risk?
- Alzheimer's Blood Test Available for Clinical Use
- Irritability in ADHD May Flag Suicide Risk
- Novel Evidence Suggests Apathy Is a 'Prodrome' of Dementia
- More Evidence Links Coffee Intake to Reduced Parkinson's Risk
- Can Dravet Syndrome Be Cured?
- Antidepressants for Dementia Prevention?
- Vitamin B1 Deficiency a Key Driver of Alcohol-Related Dementia?
- Common Sleep Apnea Treatment Tied to Lower Dementia Risk
- Failure of Omega-3s to Prevent, Slow Alzheimer's Explained?
- Prenatal Flu Vaccination Not Linked to Autism in Children