Alzheimer's disease (AD) is the most common cause of dementia in industrialized nations. Dementia is a brain disorder that interferes with a person's ability to carry out everyday activities.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Brain and Nervous System related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Brain and Nervous System Related Resources
Brain and Nervous System Articles
- What Is the Peripheral Nervous System and What Does It Do?
- What Are the First Signs of a Stroke in a Woman?
- What Are the Three Types of Seizures?
- Do Seizures Kill Brain Cells?
- Is NMO Curable?
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Spinal Muscular Atrophy?
- Is Spinal Muscular Atrophy Painful?
- What Are the Stages of Alzheimer's?
- What Are the Four Stages of MS?
- How Long Does It Take to Recover from a Brain Biopsy?
- Is Post-Concussion Syndrome Considered a Disability?
- How Do I Get Rid of Numbness in My Hand?
- What Is the Best Treatment for Post-Concussion Syndrome?
- What Is the Post-Concussion Symptom Scale?
- How Can I Tell If a Head Injury Is Mild or Severe?
Brain and Nervous System Medications
- lacosamide (oral/injection) (Vimpat) (Vimpat)
- rufinamide (Banzel) (Banzel)
- lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse) (Vyvanse)
- rasagiline (Azilect) (Azilect)
- natalizumab (Tysabri) (Tysabri)
- apomorphine (sublingual/injection) (Apokyn, Kynmobi) (Apokyn)
- memantine (Namenda, Namenda XR) (Namenda)
- carbidopa, entacapone, and levodopa (Stalevo 100, Stalevo 125, Stalevo 150) (Stalevo 100, Stalevo 125, Stalevo 150 and more)
- atomoxetine (Strattera) (Strattera)
- dexmethylphenidate (Focalin, Focalin XR) (Focalin, Focalin XR)
- galantamine (Razadyne, Razadyne ER, Reminyl) (Razadyne, Razadyne ER)
- tetrabenazine (Xenazine) (Xenazine)
- rivastigmine transdermal (Exelon) (Exelon)
- rivastigmine (oral) (Exelon) (Exelon)
- zonisamide (Zonegran) (Zonegran)
Brain and Nervous System Images and Slideshows
- Balance Disorders: Vertigo, Motion Sickness, Labyrinthitis, and More
- Caring for Someone With Alzheimer's Disease
- Parkinson's Disease: Symptoms, Causes, Stages, Treatment
- Nerve Pain: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment Options
- Multiple Sclerosis: Signs of Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
- Restless Legs Syndrome: 16 Natural Remedies and Treatment for RLS
- What Is Multiple Sclerosis? MS Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis
- Brain and Nervous System: What's Causing My Loss of Smell and Taste?
- Managing Concentration Killers: Smartphones, Social Media, and More
- Concussions & Brain Injuries: Symptoms, Tests, Treatment
- Brain and Nervous System: Left-Handed vs. Right-Handed People
- Healthy Aging: Reasons for Memory Loss and Dementia Risk
- Brain and Nervous System: How Conditions Change Your Brain
- Picture of Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms
- Picture of Alzheimer's Disease
Brain and Nervous System Quizzes
- Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Stroke Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Autism Quiz: Test Your IQ of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Epilepsy & Seizures Quiz: What Causes Seizures?
- Parkinson's Disease Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Childhood ADHD Quiz: Test, Symptoms & Medication
- Vertigo and Balance Disorders Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Alzheimers Disease Quiz: Stages, Symptoms & Signs
Brain and Nervous System News
- Cancer Drug Promising for Alzheimer's Disease
- Can Exercise Prevent Cognitive Decline in Early Parkinson's?
- Neurologic Symptoms Frequent in Nonhospitalized COVID Long-Haulers
- Traumatic Brain Injury Tied to Long-Term Sleep Problems
- Opioid Use Common for Pain in Multiple Sclerosis
- Early Motor Signal Specific to Alzheimer's Identified
- Prostate Drugs Tied to Lower Risk for Parkinson's
- Enlarged Spaces in the Brain Predict Dementia Risk
- Stem Cell Transplant Shows Long-term Benefit in MS
- Vitamins C and E Linked to Reduced Risk for Parkinson's Disease
- Eye Changes May Identify Parkinson's Disease
- Encouraging Results for New Epilepsy Drug
- Common Newborn Hearing Test Promising for Early Detection of Autism
- Do Leisure Activities Really Mitigate Dementia Risk?
- Alzheimer's Blood Test Available for Clinical Use