Alzheimer's disease (AD) is the most common cause of dementia in industrialized nations. Dementia is a brain disorder that interferes with a person's ability to carry out everyday activities.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Brain and Nervous System related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Brain and Nervous System Related Resources
Brain and Nervous System Articles
- What Causes Bell's Palsy?
- Can COVID-19 Cause Bell's Palsy?
- What Are Neuroprotective Agents for Stroke?
- What Is the Function of Endocannabinoids?
- Bell's Palsy
- Trigeminal Neuralgia (Facial Nerve Pain)
- Is Moyamoya Disease Curable?
- Is Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Serious?
- Is Having a Chiari Malformation Life Threatening?
- What Drugs Cause Tardive Dyskinesia?
- How Do You Feel When You Have Lewy Body Dementia?
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
- Brain Aneurysm
Brain and Nervous System Medications
- lacosamide (oral/injection) (Vimpat) (Vimpat)
- rufinamide (Banzel) (Banzel)
- lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse) (Vyvanse)
- rasagiline (Azilect) (Azilect)
- natalizumab (Tysabri) (Tysabri)
- apomorphine (Apokyn) (Apokyn)
- memantine (Namenda, Namenda XR) (Namenda)
- carbidopa, entacapone, and levodopa (Stalevo 100, Stalevo 125, Stalevo 150) (Stalevo 100, Stalevo 125, Stalevo 150 and more)
- atomoxetine (Strattera) (Strattera)
- dexmethylphenidate (Focalin, Focalin XR) (Focalin, Focalin XR)
- galantamine (Razadyne, Razadyne ER, Reminyl) (Razadyne, Razadyne ER)
- tetrabenazine (Xenazine) (Xenazine)
- rivastigmine transdermal (Exelon) (Exelon)
- rivastigmine (oral) (Exelon) (Exelon)
- zonisamide (Zonegran) (Zonegran)
Brain and Nervous System Images and Slideshows
- Managing Concentration Killers: Smartphones, Social Media, and More
- Concussions & Brain Injuries: Symptoms, Tests, Treatment
- Brain and Nervous System: Left-Handed vs. Right-Handed People
- Healthy Aging: Reasons for Memory Loss and Dementia Risk
- Brain and Nervous System: How Conditions Change Your Brain
- Picture of Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms
- Picture of Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Picture of Alzheimer's Disease
- Picture of Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD)
- Picture of Huntington's Disease
- Picture of Pituitary Gland
- Restless Legs Syndrome: 16 Natural Remedies and Treatment for RLS
- Picture of Brain Layers
- Picture of Nerve Fibers and Myelin Attack in MS
- Picture of Vascular (Multi-Infarct) Dementia 2
Brain and Nervous System Quizzes
- Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Stroke Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Autism Quiz: Test Your IQ of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Epilepsy & Seizures Quiz: What Causes Seizures?
- Parkinson's Disease Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Childhood ADHD Quiz: Test, Symptoms & Medication
- Vertigo and Balance Disorders Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Alzheimers Disease Quiz: Stages, Symptoms & Signs
Brain and Nervous System News
- Concussion Linked to Risk for Dementia, Parkinson's, ADHD
- High BMI in Early Adulthood Linked to Increased Dementia Risk
- Microbiome Research 'Opening Doors' to New Alzheimer's Treatments
- Flu, Pneumonia Vaccination Tied to Lower Dementia Risk
- Does Eating Fish Protect the Brain Against Air Pollution's Harmful Effects?
- Repetitive Hits to the Head Tied To Depression, Poor Cognition in Later Life
- Higher Rate of Alzheimer's in Women Explained?
- New Data Rank Neurologic Diagnoses by Suicide Risk
- First Evidence Dietary Flavonols Linked to Lower Alzheimer's Risk
- FDA Clears First Nasal Spray for Cluster Seizures in Kids 6 Years and Older
- Midlife Obesity, Not Diet or Inactivity, Linked to Long-term Dementia Risk
- FDA Warns of 'Serious' Respiratory Problems With Gabapentin
- New Treatment Option for Essential Tremor Safe, Effective, Durable
- New Agent May Improve Seizure Control in Resistant Epilepsy
- 'No Identifiable Reason' for 50% of Antipsychotic Use in ADHD