Alzheimer's disease (AD) is the most common cause of dementia in industrialized nations. Dementia is a brain disorder that interferes with a person's ability to carry out everyday activities.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Brain and Nervous System related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Brain and Nervous System Related Resources
Brain and Nervous System Articles
- Why Do I Get Motion Sick So Easily?
- Can a Person Live with a Brain Bleed?
- How Do You Know If You Will Have Alzheimer’s?
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Shaking Hands (Hand Tremors)
- What Do Prosopagnosia Patients See?
- What Is Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE)?
- What Is the Best Medication for Sundowners?
- What Can Cause Shooting Pains Throughout the Body?
- Why Is My Face Tingling Around My Mouth?
- What Can Cause Weakness in the Legs?
- Dementia (Loss of Memory)
- Brain Lesions
- Motor Skills Disorder
Brain and Nervous System Medications
- lacosamide (oral/injection) (Vimpat) (Vimpat)
- rufinamide (Banzel) (Banzel)
- lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse) (Vyvanse)
- rasagiline (Azilect) (Azilect)
- natalizumab (Tysabri) (Tysabri)
- apomorphine (sublingual/injection) (Apokyn, Kynmobi) (Apokyn)
- memantine (Namenda, Namenda XR) (Namenda)
- carbidopa, entacapone, and levodopa (Stalevo 100, Stalevo 125, Stalevo 150) (Stalevo 100, Stalevo 125, Stalevo 150 and more)
- atomoxetine (Strattera) (Strattera)
- dexmethylphenidate (Focalin, Focalin XR) (Focalin, Focalin XR)
- galantamine (Razadyne, Razadyne ER, Reminyl) (Razadyne, Razadyne ER)
- tetrabenazine (Xenazine) (Xenazine)
- rivastigmine transdermal (Exelon) (Exelon)
- rivastigmine (oral) (Exelon) (Exelon)
- zonisamide (Zonegran) (Zonegran)
Brain and Nervous System Images and Slideshows
- The Worst Foods for Your Brain
- Brain & Nervous System: Reasons Your Hands Are Shaking
- Migraines and Headaches: 8 Surprising Health Benefits of Pet Ownership for Migraines
- Brain and Nervous System: Brain-Boosting Beverages
- Balance Disorders: Vertigo, Motion Sickness, Labyrinthitis, and More
- Caring for Someone With Alzheimer's Disease
- Parkinson's Disease: Symptoms, Causes, Stages, Treatment
- Nerve Pain: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment Options
- Multiple Sclerosis: Signs of Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
- Restless Legs Syndrome: 16 Natural Remedies and Treatment for RLS
- What Is Multiple Sclerosis? MS Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis
- Brain and Nervous System: What's Causing My Loss of Smell and Taste?
- Managing Concentration Killers: Smartphones, Social Media, and More
- Concussions & Brain Injuries: Symptoms, Tests, Treatment
- Brain and Nervous System: Left-Handed vs. Right-Handed People
Brain and Nervous System Quizzes
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Stroke Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Autism Quiz: Test Your IQ of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Epilepsy & Seizures Quiz: What Causes Seizures?
- Parkinson's Disease Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Childhood ADHD Quiz: Test, Symptoms & Medication
- Vertigo and Balance Disorders Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Alzheimers Disease Quiz: Stages, Symptoms & Signs