Brain Cancer

What treatment did you receive for brain cancer? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Leonid, 0-2 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 03

My sister (41 years) has 3 kids, and in May 2017 was diagnosed in anaplastic multiforme glioma. Pathology report shows MGMT - Non methylated, IDH1 (R132) negative (IHC), anaplastic PCR signal unmethylated sequence - positive, PCR signal methylated sequence - negative, ATRX: partieller Verlust (IHC), and H3K27M: negative (IHC). From August 2017 she got Temodal for 3 months (7 days in, 7 days off) and the cancer continued growing. In November she got Avastin plus Iron and Ativan, and it continued growing. December she had just Avastin. Now she is getting Keppra 3000, Vimpat 100, dexamethasone 8 mg, vitamin C, B, D, L-Carnitine plus Lymphdiaral, Boswellia serrata, Unizink, Kytta sedativum, and Ayurvedic treatment. I plan to have operation in 10 days. So far we can't stop the growth.

Comment from: uzair, 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 22

My son 4 years old has brain tumor. The tumor appeared in the frontal lobe and after surgery was investigated and diagnosed as oligodendroglioma grade II. Two months after surgery it appeared again and damaged sight in both eyes of my son. He has been treated by our oncologist who has started radiation, and 33 radiation treatments were given to my son. After radiation he is having to face another problem, cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). For the problem of CSF a shunt was inserted in the brain. After 3 months of continuous treatment the condition of my son was not going better but suddenly going down. And after 10 days he died. Before his death he had MRI again and doctors said that tumor had appeared in 4 different places in the brain and in chest so they could not treat it in this condition.

Comment from: Peeinpool, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 16

I am a 60 year old male with 2 week old diagnosis of stage IV cancer, primary in the lung (4.3 cm), and secondaries in brain and liver. I need aggressive and immediate treatment that will attack the cancer and kill the cells or the cells destruct themselves. I do not want to proceed in wrong direction, time is of the essence.

"2015 CBTRUS Fact Sheet." Central Brain Tumor Registry of the United States. <http://www.cbtrus.org/factsheet/
factsheet.html>.

Beasley, K., and S. Toms. "The Molecular Pathobiology of Metastasis to the Brain; a Review." Neurosurg. Clin. North Amer. 22 Jan. 2011: 7-14.

Deltour, I., C. Johansen, A. Auvien, et al. "Time Trends in Brain Tumor Incidence Rates in Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden, 1974-2003." J. Nat. Cancer Inst. 101.24 (2009): 1721-1724.

Huff, J. Stephen. "Brain Neoplasms." Medscape.com. Apr. 8, 2013. <http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/779664-overview>.

Korley, F., J. Pham, T. Kirsch, et al. "Use of Advanced Radiology During Visits to U.S. Emergency Departments for Injury-Related Conditions, 1998-2007." JAMA 304.13 (2010): 1465-1471.

United States. National Cancer Institute. "Cell Phones and Cancer Risk." May 27, 2016. <http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/radiation/cell-phones-fact-sheet>.