Expert Views and News
- FDA Warns Against Thermography for Breast Cancer
- Incontinence Drug May Help Ease Severe Hot Flashes
- Does Breastfeeding Reduce Cancer Risk?
- Breath Tests for Cancer Detection
- Complementary Therapies in Breast Cancer Endorsed
- Chemo Not Needed for Most Early Breast Cancer
- The Case for Early Screening Mammography
- Breast Cancer Risk and Tamoxifen Use
- Fast MRI Improves Breast Cancer Screening
- More Breast Cancer Risk Gene Variants Discovered
- Breast Cancer and Underarm Lymph Nodes Cancer
- Managing Menopause Symptoms After Breast Cancer
- BRCA Testing Has Skyrocketed, but Misses High-Risk
- Breast Cancer Deaths Increasing for Black Women
- FAQ: Parabens and Breast Cancer
- Blood Test Could Give Early Breast Cancer Warning
- The Future of Cancer Detection
- Risks of Breast Cancer Screening in Women Over 70
- Drug Determines Extent and Severity of Cancer
- FDA Approves Silicone Gel-filled Breast Implant
- Gene Variants Predict Breast Cancer Drug Benefit
- Angelina Jolie's Double Mastectomy: Q&A
- Q&A: Breast Cancer in Young Women
- Existing Breast Cancer Drugs May Help More Women
- Fruits, Veggies Tied to Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Longer Tamoxifen Use Helps Breast Cancer Survival
- Adding 3-D Mammograms May Improve Accuracy
- African-American Women: Breast Cancer More Deadly?
- After Breast Cancer Diagnosis, Are Other Tests Overdone?
- Obesity May Affect Breast Cancer Recovery
- Breast Cancer Radiation for Older Women?
- Anti-Estrogen Combo Better for Late Breast Cancer
- Big Babies May Boost Mom's Breast Cancer Risk
- FDA Approves New Breast Cancer Drug Perjeta
- Test May Predict Spread of Early Breast Cancer
- Child Cancer Radiation Raises Breast Cancer Risk
- 'Magic Bullet' Drug Delays Breast Cancer Worsening
- IVF at Young Age May Raise Breast Cancer Risk
- Night Shift Linked to Increased Breast Cancer Risk
- Studies Point to Reasons for Mammograms in 40s
- Breast Cancer Study Could Change Treatment
- Exercise Benefits Breast Cancer Patients
- Eat Broccoli (or Bok Choy), Beat Breast Cancer?
- Mammograms Spot Cancers That May Not Be Dangerous
- Dietary Cadmium, Breast Cancer Link?
- New Guidelines to Help Breast Cancer Survivors
- New Mammogram Benefits for Women in Their 40s
- 1 in 4 Partial Mastectomy Patients Have Second Surgery
- Avastin May Help Fight Early Breast Cancer
- Are Fears That Deodorant Causes Breast Cancer Unfounded?
- Bone Drug May Extend Lives of Young Women With Breast Cancer
- Carriers of Breast Cancer Gene at Risk of Second Cancer
- Many Women Don't Get Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy
- Steps Women Can Take to Reduce Risk of Breast Cancer
- New Treatments Target Advanced Breast Cancer
- Gene Test May Help Guide Treatment of Early Breast Tumors
- FDA Rejects Avastin for Breast Cancer
- Chemo the Cause of Mental Fog After Breast Cancer?
- Breast Reconstruction May Quickly Improve Quality of Life
- Light Drinking Over Time May Raise Breast Cancer Risk
- Women With Breast Cancer Get Nipple-Sparing Surgery
- Radiation Plus Surgery Cuts Risk of Breast Cancer Return
- Does Fertility Treatment Raise Breast Cancer Risk?
- Breast Cancer Death Rates Decline
- Breast Implant Safety Studies Will Continue
- FDA Questions Studies of Breast Implant Safety
- Breastfeeding May Cut Risk of Some Breast Cancers
- Fat Injections: Safe for Breast Reconstruction After Cancer?
- PSA Test May Help Check for Breast Cancer
- Mammogram Guidelines
- Vitamin D Linked to Aggressive Breast Cancer
- Soy Safe to Eat After Breast Cancer?
- Breast Milk May Hold Clues to Breast Cancer Risk
- Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer May Raise Risk of Falls
- Breast Cancer Drug Eribulin Extends Survival
- Breast Cancer Rates No Longer Declining
- Herceptin: Long-Term Benefits for Breast Cancer
- Lymph Node Removal Not Needed for Breast Cancer Patients
- Breast Cancer Survivors May Face Early Hip Fracture Risk
- MRIs Boost Accuracy of Breast Cancer Testing
- Women Who Smoke May Raise Breast Cancer Risk
- Breast-Conserving Therapy Better Than Mastectomy?
- FDA Moves to Pull Avastin Breast Cancer Approval
- Multivitamins May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- False-Positive Mammograms Linked to Breast Cancer
- Weight Lifting May Be OK After Breast Cancer Surgery
Breast Cancer Topic Guide - Visuals
Slideshows, Pictures, Images, and Quizzes:
Breast Cancer Topic Guide - Medications and Vitamins
Fulvestrant is used to treat advanced hormone-related breast cancer in women. Fulvestrant is sometimes used if your cancer tests negative for a protein cal...learn more »
Exemestane lowers estrogen levels in postmenopausal women, which may slow the growth of certain types of breast tumors that need estrogen to grow in the body...learn more »
Trastuzumab is used to treat certain types of breast cancer or stomach cancer, sometimes in combination with other cancer medicines...learn more »
Raloxifene affects the cycle of bone formation and breakdown in the body, and reduces loss of bone tissue...learn more »
Toremifene blocks estrogen from reaching cancer cells. Certain types of breast cancer require estrogen to grow...learn more »
Anastrozole lowers estrogen levels in postmenopausal women, which may slow the growth of certain types of breast tumors that need estrogen to grow in the bod...learn more »
Megestrol is a man-made chemical similar to the female hormone progesterone...learn more »