Bronchitis (Chronic)

Please share your experience with chronic bronchitis. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: big al, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 13

I have had bronchitis all my life on and off. I get it at least once a year and I have even got pneumonia a few times a year. Mine has almost always been treated with antibiotics. I have been lucky because I pay attention to the symptoms. I have had different effects in my 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s when I got bronchitis. I used to get a fever, a pain in my left side, and lots of phlegm, now at 67 I get body aches and phlegm, that's it. All inhalers seem to help, Symbicort seems to work well for asthma patients, which I have had to in my early childhood, and it gets rid of phlegm when I don't have bronchitis but antibiotics seem to work the best for me as far as giving me the best relief.

Comment from: Edelweiss , 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 19

I was diagnosed with bronchitis on May 9th, 2017. The doctor put me on a 5 day course of antibiotics and albuterol, which only made the coughing worse. After 2 chest x-rays and a pulmonary function test, all of which came back normal after 6 weeks, I still am short of breath and cough has not left. Now the doctor has referred me to a pulmonologist. Unfortunately he won't be able to see me for 2 months! I fatigue easily after simple chores. My workout buddy has given up on me, my kids and spouse are beginning to wonder if it's all in my head. I only go to the doctor for basic routine stuff, and am feeling very discouraged. I'm wishing the best for all my fellow sufferers out there. Let's not let this define us or get us down!

Comment from: MUNMUN LAHIRI, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 15

Last 10 years I have been suffering from cough. Now I take Asthalin (in emergency) and Formonide 200 and Lukast for my bronchitis but till date no relief.

COPD Foundation.

American Lung Association. Understanding Chronic Bronchitis.
<http://www.lung.org/lung-disease/bronchitis-chronic/understanding-chronic-bronchitis.html>