Bronchoscopy Procedure Side Effects, and Complications

Why did your doctor order a bronchoscopy? What were your symptoms of lung disease? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Cleopetra , 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 05

I had a rigid bronchoscopy and a foreign body was found in the bronchial tube leading to the top of my left lung, referred to as vegetation. It was found by chance after various scans and then a PET scan. I was coughing constantly every day for over fifteen years and then a massive infection that evolved into 5 months of illness. All done now, a slight discomfort in my throat for a couple of days, and waiting for results of the biopsy.

Comment from: David , 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 09

I was referred to a specialist because I coughed up a bit of blood. I received blood tests and CT scan all of which I believe are clear, but have received a letter from the hospital now saying I need a bronchoscopy which I am not looking forward to.

Comment from: pig face, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 30

I had pneumonia several times so the doctor ordered a bronchoscopy. White round spots were found throughout my lungs on x-ray.

Comment from: Carmel, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 01

I had a pain just under my left breast going through to my back, I couldn't walk up inclines without losing my breath and I had high blood pressure. I was sent to see a heart specialist who put me in hospital and gave me an angiogram. I didn't require a stent so the heart specialist sent me for a stress test, a breathing test and a CAT scan. The CAT scan showed nodules on both lungs. I was then referred to a respiratory doctor who gave me a bronchoscopy with biopsies and x-rays a few days later (after the blood thinners from the angiogram were out of my system). I am waiting for my results.

Comment from: Alanis, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 18

On a routine X-ray, the doctor saw a spot. I was immediately sent for a CT scan which confirmed a 1.5 cm parenchymal thickening in the right lung. The round spot appeared to have a softer core and so the doctor decided to send me for a bronchoscopy to check if I have TB or if this is a tumor. I’m waiting for results.

SLIDESHOW