Viewer Comments: Bronchoscopy: Diagnosis

COPD: Symptoms, Causes & Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bronchoscopy:

Bronchoscopy: Diagnosis

Please describe your experience with bronchoscopy, and the diagnosis.

Comment from: weezer, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 24

I had a scan that showed a mass in my upper right lung, so I had a bronchoscopy and it revealed allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillus. I was on an antifungal medication for 30 days along with an antibiotic and prednisone. I continued with an antibiotic for another 60 days and finally I could breathe normally; it was an ordeal and I lost 8 lb. After the bronchoscopy you will cough and cough and have a sore throat and GERD like symptoms after eating a meal. This may last for 2-3 weeks and then you should be okay.

Comment from: GS, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 03

I recently went through bronchoscopy and to check what exactly the mass was, in the right lung. Before bronchoscopy when I sneezed or coughed I didn't have any pain, after bronchoscopy when I sneeze or cough my lungs and chest are paining. I am waiting for the result.