"Breast cancer is cancer arising in breast tissue. Cancer is simply a group of abnormal cells that have abnormal growth patterns. Early breast cancer has no symptoms. It is usually not painful. Most breast cancer is discovered before symptoms are present, either by finding an abnormality on mammography or feeling a breast lump."
See the complete A-Z list of all the Cancer related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Cancer Related Resources
- When Should I Worry About a Lump in My Armpit?
- What Causes Spindle Cell Carcinoma?
- What Does a Cancerous Toenail Look Like?
- Are Hemangiomas of the Spine Cancerous?
- What Are the 7 Most Common Cancers?
- Is PIK3CA Related Overgrowth Spectrum Cancer?
- What Is the Treatment for PIK3CA Mutation?
- Colon Cancer vs. Hemorrhoid Symptoms
- What Is B17 Good For?
- What Are the Symptoms of Eye Cancer?
- Can You Survive Lung Cancer?
- What Exactly Is Dysplasia?
- Pancoast Tumor (Lung Cancer)
- Small-Cell Lung Cancer
- romidepsin (Istodax)
- ofatumumab (Arzerra, Kesimpta) (Arzerra)
- pazopanib (Votrient) (Votrient)
- pralatrexate (Folotyn) (Folotyn)
- degarelix (Firmagon) (Degarelix)
- etoposide phosphate (Etopophos) (Etopophos)
- plerixafor (Mozobil) (Mozobil)
- bendamustine (Belrapzo, Bendeka, Treanda) (Treanda)
- fosaprepitant (Emend for Injection) (Emend for Injection)
- nilotinib (Tasigna) (Tasigna)
- ixabepilone (Ixempra) (Ixempra)
- temsirolimus (Torisel) (Torisel)
- lapatinib (Tykerb) (Tykerb)
- vorinostat (Zolinza) (Zolinza)
- panitumumab (Vectibix) (Vectibix)
Cancer Images and Slideshows
- Global Warning: 10 Ways Climate Change Increases Rates of Lung Cancer
- Stem Cell Transplants for Blood Cancers
- Ways to Protect Yourself From Skin Cancer
- Visual Guide to Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- What Are the Best Foods to Eat While Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Best Foods for Healthy Breasts
- Things That May Slow Prostate Cancer Progression
- Kidney Cancer: Symptoms, Stages, and Treatment
- Breast Cancer: 9 Surprising Benefits of Pet Ownership for Breast Cancer
- What Are the Top 11 Cancer-Fighting Foods?
- Breast Cancer: Surprising Things That Can Help During and After Treatment
- Everyday Habits to Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Cervical Cancer Symptoms, Stages, and Treatment
- Signs of Prostate Cancer: Symptoms, PSA Test, Treatments
- Cancer: What Complications Can Brain Cancer Cause?
- Global Melanoma Incidence High and on the Rise
- Obesity Increasing the Risk for Cancer: It's Complicated
- Artificial Sweeteners: A Modifiable Cancer Risk?
- US Cancer Deaths Continue to Fall, Especially Lung Cancer
- Cancer Risk Tied to Some Manufactured Foods
- Success of HPV Vaccination: 'Dramatic' Reduction in Cervical Cancer
- Tiny Insects Reveal Some Big Secrets in Cancer
- Gut Bacteria May Fuel Prostate Cancer Treatment Resistance
- Antibiotic Use and Colon Cancer: More Evidence of Link
- Blood Test for Many Cancer Types as Supplement to Screening
- Blood Test for 50 Cancers Coming to US Clinics Soon
- Loneliness in Middle-Aged Men Linked to Increased Cancer Risk
- Oral Contraceptives May Reduce Ovarian and Endometrial Cancer Risk
- Study Flags Cardiovascular Disease in Men With Breast Cancer
- US Cancer Death Rates Drop for Second Year in a Row