Esophageal Cancer

What treatment has been effective for your esophageal cancer? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: maxwelldavidson, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 11

I just had my ultrasound on 8 weeks of my pregnancy but there was no heartbeat for the baby. I waited for one more week but still there is no growth and no heartbeat found. So my obstetrician/gynecologist suggested me to go for a D and C as soon as possible. Now I'm getting it by done by tomorrow.

Comment from: IK, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 20

My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer. He had been coughing a lot after eating, that later turned into throwing up. In the beginning it was once in a while but turned into throwing up every time he ate. There is no option for him but palliative care. He got radiation treatment for 5 days. After that he had chemotherapy four times. Recently his doctor stopped chemotherapy, and now I am wondering what will happen next.

Comment from: CLIFF, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: October 21

I was diagnosed by accident. I had a CT scan before surgery for prostate cancer. The scan showed 6cm adenocarcinoma near junction of esophagus and stomach which had metastasized to the surrounding nodes and to two lobes of my liver. I never had any symptoms. I'm at stage 4. Surgery is not an option. Biopsy of tissue showed Herceptin could be used as one of the chemo drugs. My medications cost $38,000 every three weeks. Thankfully, Medicare pays for all my medications. As of today, my tumors are 95% gone. Herceptin appears to have affected my heart. I'm going for another CT scan in three weeks.

REFERENCE:

American Cancer Society. "What Is Cancer of the Esophagus?" June 14, 2017. <https://www.cancer.org/cancer/esophagus-cancer/about/what-is-cancer-of-the-esophagus.html>.