Common Cancer Symptoms

Please describe your cancer symptoms and signs. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Vickimac, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

I have a very large lump under my arm. It's about the size of a jumbo egg. It started out the size of a grape. I kind of forgot about it, and didn't notice how big, and hard it had got. In February 2019, I was admitted into the hospital, for my heart. I told the doctor in charge of me, and showed it to her. She ordered an ultrasound. When I asked the results, she told me she was very scared, it was breast cancer. I don't have transportation to get to the hospital for all the appointments she has set up.

Comment from: Beth, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I have changed bowel habits for 2 months, it is difficult to go without laxative or fiber mix but constant pressure like I need to go. I have lower abdominal pain and lower back pain, and am excessively tired for no apparent reason. I have a stabbing pain in the lower groin area that eases with pressure or heat on it. I have light bleeding at times though might be hemorrhoid and not cancer, not sure.

Comment from: Irishgurl19, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 09

I am in the process of finding out what is wrong with me. They said they found something on my upper left kidney, a lesion. I don’t know what that means, if it is cancer. I had uncontrolled weight loss of 51 lb. in 3 months without trying, and my side and back hurt like crazy. I think it is colon, kidney or stomach cancer. A total of 16 people died in my family all related to cancers.

Comment from: Barb, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I am 69 years old and have had lower back pain before but this got pretty bad pretty fast with seemingly no reason. A friend said she had read several articles that mentioned acute lower back pain could be a symptom of cancer. I am female, and moderately overweight but have been the same weight for at least 2 years.

Comment from: Trease, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 24

Night sweats for a long time, weight loss of 30 lb. In less than a year, memory issues, not feeling well, and some nausea were my cancer symptoms.

Comment from: Audrey, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 02

I woke one morning with what looked like a small scratch on my face near my cheek, and it wouldn't heal. After months of antibiotics, it eventually went after around three months. I developed a lump under the area. Fast forward 15 months on, the lump is bigger, the inside of my mouth and gums are swollen, and my back teeth fell out or split. I have a lump in my neck, now I have a really sore ear which apparently doesn't have an infection, despite sticky fluid coming out. I am worried this is cancer.

Comment from: Darne , 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 25

I have swollen lymph nodes on both sides of my neck. I sweat a lot, I eat once a day and don’t even finish my food. I have bloating and long menstruation! Worried that these are cancer symptoms.

Comment from: Kia, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I went to the emergency room and was diagnosed with being dehydrated and being neutropenic. Worried if those are signs and symptoms of leukemia cancer. I am still having night sweats and feeling very weak and very tired all the time.

Comment from: Chez, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 29

I have a lump in my shoulder which has gotten bigger, dryness in my mouth, a constant itch at my navel area and tiredness. Worried they are symptoms of cancer.

Comment from: Perl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

For about 1 year now I have been experiencing many different symptoms. Aches and pains all over my body, funny burning feeling in the right side of my head, lower back pain, blurry vision, loss of appetite, no weight loss, tired and fatigued, and memory problems. Plus bloating and feeling of a lump on right upper abdomen. II am scared this is all cancer and is getting worse, however I have had many tests done which have come back fine so far. I am still worried though.

Comment from: Frank, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 01

I'm 60 years old, and have had lower back pain for a while. I thought that it's normal in my age, but I started to urinate in a strange color and had some pain while urinating. I am worried that it might be bladder cancer.

SLIDESHOW

Skin Cancer Symptoms, Types, Images See Slideshow
Comment from: Fred, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: June 20

I have unexplained weight loss, and can't gain weight even when I eat massive amounts. I had frequent constipation, and I hawk up large amounts of mucus that is yellow in color. I have no muscle mass, swelling in my feet and legs, sunken chest, backaches and headaches. I rock back and forth constantly. I am concerned if these are cancer symptoms.

Comment from: Shaun W., 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 23

I have a tonsil that is getting bigger on one side of my throat, red spots on the back of my tongue that won't go away, and red spots on both sides of my tongue. My lips are cracked and are not healing, when I breathe out hard there's a dry raspy sound in my lungs. I've noticed my singing has got hoarseness. I am worried if these are cancer symptoms.

Comment from: Anita, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 11

I am not sure if these are cancer symptoms. I am tired all the time and the other night I woke up with a terrible pain in my stomach. It was a burning feeling. I thought I had heartburn but when I got up and went to my bathroom I had a runny bottom and I was sick 5 times. I went red hot, I was sweating and then I went freezing cold. The way I was shivering I was cuddling my partner to keep warm but the next day I was feeling okay. I still got a very bad back though I am taking pain killers which don't work.

Comment from: Jta7739, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 31

I have a pea sized lump on my testicle, swelling on my chest and groin, pain in lower left groin, shortness of breath and when I eat I can hardly breathe. I am worried if these are symptoms of cancer.

Comment from: Joe X, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 23

I have a lump on the back of my neck. I’ve had it for a while, but now I have severe pain in my neck, shoulders, and the back of my head. Ice helps a little but not the OTC pain medicines! I am worried it is cancer and with no medical coverage I’m stuck!

Comment from: Kristen , 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 27

I have persistent pelvic pain, right flank pain, and tremors. My urine test came back fine, ultrasound was clear, and pelvic exam was clear, but I am worried about cancer.

Comment from: Me, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 13

I have been nauseous and been throwing up a lot. I just found out I have a bump on my stomach. I am worried about cancer.

Comment from: Rw2019, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: July 23

I found a pea sized lump on my scrotum over a week ago. I've also got night sweats, pain in my left groin and some diarrhea. I am worried if it is a sign of cancer.

Comment from: Britt4356, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 02

I’ve had random throat pain on each side, never the same one at once. I also feel like someone is squeezing my neck at all time, not hard but it is there. I went to the ENT he put me on medication because I also had throat burn. I’m 28 and my anxiety is really bad now, worried about cancer.

Comment from: Christina , 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 30

I am 31 years old. I have pain in my lower back and have pains in my lower belly and feeling bloated as well. I am worried if these are cancer symptoms.

Comment from: Vi od, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 28

Below the neck there has been one small cell like structure for many days, worried if it is cancer.

Comment from: Bipin, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: December 21

There is a hard muscular outgrowth behind my left ear which is slightly painful. I am concerned about cancer.

Comment from: phani, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: December 04

A small amount of blood comes through with phlegm or thick split. I am worried about cancer.

Comment from: Me, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 31

My best friend stated that he is suffering with mouth ulcers again and again. I am wondering if it is also a symptom of cancer.

Comment from: Rachel , 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 24

I have these black little spots on my legs that just won't go away if you pick at it. I’d like to believe it won’t blow up into some kind or form of skin cancer.

Comment from: Yamini, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

I have observed blood in my cough and mucus since 2 days; worried about cancer.

Comment from: subhashree sethy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 15

I just wish I knew if I am a cancer patient or not because my teeth have broken without any pressure. I am an alcoholic and many times my heart is beating rapidly.

Comment from: Arc01Arc, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 13

I noticed my left testicle was not normal to the touch. It had shrunk and turned very hard. I might add that I had absolutely no pain! Due to my stubborn nature I didn't see a doctor for two weeks. By then it swelled and tripled in size and was quite painful. I was diagnosed with non-seminoma and had testicle and lymph nodes removed. I was very lucky and required no treatment at all. After a two-year period, my markers were normal and I was cancer-free and have been since.

Comment from: stclairaj, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: May 28

I had cancer of para nasal sinus with metastasis to the right eye. The symptoms were weight loss, fatigue, dizziness, and sinus infection that never went away. I had pain and pressure across my nose and cheek. I also had constant tearing in one eye with light sensitivity.

Comment from: sarah jane, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 25

I had lower back pain, tummy pain, frequent urinating, and always feeling like I need to move my bowels.

Comment from: Dandrea78, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 04

I had chronic wide spread pain, with lesions that would not heal. I also had nausea, fatigue, and a lump in the right breast.

Comment from: Dal, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 26

For two months now I have had every symptom of severe anemia. I've always been quite thin but dropped 20 lbs in three weeks. After being in hospital for three days and SEVERAL blood draws, they sent me home with no answers. I was referred to an endocrinologist who found a metastasizing tumor in my thyroid which could be cancerous. I'm 39.

Comment from: Nursy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 12

I had breast cancer and my symptoms were an inverted nipple, dimpling of the nipple, chills, bouts of sweating at night and during the day, and fatigue.

Comment from: connie, Female (Patient) Published: April 08

I’ve had ovarian, breast and recurrence of ovarian cancer and now in spread to lymph nodes in the neck. I had chemo plus 5 cycles of radiation. What now? It’s spreading rapidly and what I want to know is where is it going now? Into my lungs, kidneys, liver, bone, etc. I’m very scared.

Comment from: Mally, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 16

Cancer lesion on palate. Has been smoking for 40 years.

Comment from: janice, 65-74 Female Published: March 14

I have been having upper right abdomen pain and fullness, recently it had advanced to a stabbing pain that goes through to the back. I explained this to my Doctor she ordered an ultra-sound for the possibility of gallstones. Instead they found my pancreatic duct to be enlarged. I understand this can be a sign of cancer. I have a CT scan now scheduled in 3 days. The pain is worse laying down.

Comment from: Robert, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 14

Sharp acute pain to the upper left arm, shoulder area concentrated on the backside of the upper left arm. Feels like bone is being bent or pressed on causing the pain. At times limited mobility due to the pain.

CONTINUE SCROLLING FOR RELATED SLIDESHOW