18 Cancer Symptoms

Please describe your cancer symptoms and signs. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Trease, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 24

Night sweats for a long time, weight loss of 30 lb. In less than a year, memory issues, not feeling well, and some nausea were my cancer symptoms.

Comment from: Joe X, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 23

I have a lump on the back of my neck. I've had it for a while, but now I have severe pain in my neck, shoulders, and the back of my head. Ice helps a little but not the OTC pain medicines! I am worried it is cancer and with no medical coverage I'm stuck!

Comment from: Me, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 31

My best friend stated that he is suffering with mouth ulcers again and again. I am wondering if it is also a symptom of cancer.

Comment from: Rachel , 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 24

I have these black little spots on my legs that just won't go away if you pick at it. I'd like to believe it won't blow up into some kind or form of skin cancer.

Comment from: Yamini, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

I have observed blood in my cough and mucus since 2 days; worried about cancer.

Comment from: subhashree sethy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 15

I just wish I knew if I am a cancer patient or not because my teeth have broken without any pressure. I am an alcoholic and many times my heart is beating rapidly.

Comment from: Arc01Arc, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 13

I noticed my left testicle was not normal to the touch. It had shrunk and turned very hard. I might add that I had absolutely no pain! Due to my stubborn nature I didn't see a doctor for two weeks. By then it swelled and tripled in size and was quite painful. I was diagnosed with non-seminoma and had testicle and lymph nodes removed. I was very lucky and required no treatment at all. After a two-year period, my markers were normal and I was cancer-free and have been since.

Comment from: stclairaj, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: May 28

I had cancer of para nasal sinus with metastasis to the right eye. The symptoms were weight loss, fatigue, dizziness, and sinus infection that never went away. I had pain and pressure across my nose and cheek. I also had constant tearing in one eye with light sensitivity.

Comment from: sarah jane, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 25

I had lower back pain, tummy pain, frequent urinating, and always feeling like I need to move my bowels.

Comment from: Dandrea78, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 04

I had chronic wide spread pain, with lesions that would not heal. I also had nausea, fatigue, and a lump in the right breast.

Comment from: Dal, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 26

For two months now I have had every symptom of severe anemia. I've always been quite thin but dropped 20 lbs in three weeks. After being in hospital for three days and SEVERAL blood draws, they sent me home with no answers. I was referred to an endocrinologist who found a metastasizing tumor in my thyroid which could be cancerous. I'm 39.

Comment from: Nursy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 12

I had breast cancer and my symptoms were an inverted nipple, dimpling of the nipple, chills, bouts of sweating at night and during the day, and fatigue.

Comment from: connie, Female (Patient) Published: April 08

I've had ovarian, breast and recurrence of ovarian cancer and now in spread to lymph nodes in the neck. I had chemo plus 5 cycles of radiation. What now? It's spreading rapidly and what I want to know is where is it going now? Into my lungs, kidneys, liver, bone, etc. I'm very scared.

Comment from: Mally, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 16

Cancer lesion on palate. Has been smoking for 40 years.

Comment from: janice, 65-74 Female Published: March 14

I have been having upper right abdomen pain and fullness, recently it had advanced to a stabbing pain that goes through to the back. I explained this to my Doctor she ordered an ultra-sound for the possibility of gallstones. Instead they found my pancreatic duct to be enlarged. I understand this can be a sign of cancer. I have a CT scan now scheduled in 3 days. The pain is worse laying down.

Comment from: Robert, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 14

Sharp acute pain to the upper left arm, shoulder area concentrated on the backside of the upper left arm. Feels like bone is being bent or pressed on causing the pain. At times limited mobility due to the pain.

Abeloff, M.D., Armitage, J.O., Lichter, A.S. Clinical Oncology. 2nd ed. New York, NY: Churchill Livingstone; 2000.

American Cancer Society. Cancer Resource Center. 2000.

National Cancer Institute. Cancer Information.

National Cancer Institute. CancerNet: A Service of the National Cancer Institute.