18 Cancer Symptoms
Different kinds of cancer have different, unique symptoms. Some of the following symptoms definitely require medical attention and may indicate cancer.
- Persistent cough or blood-tinged saliva
- These symptoms usually represent simple infections such as bronchitis or sinusitis.
- They could be symptoms of cancer of the lung, head, and neck. Anyone with a cough that lasts more than a month or with blood in the mucus that is coughed up should see a doctor.
- A change in bowel habits
- Most changes in bowel habits are related to your diet and fluid intake.
- Doctors sometimes see pencil-thin stools with colon cancer.
- Occasionally, cancer exhibits continuous diarrhea.
- Some people with cancer feel as if they need to have a bowel movement and still feel that way after they have had a bowel movement. If any of these abnormal bowel complaints last more than a few days, they require evaluation.