Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

What was the treatment for your carbon monoxide poisoning? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Spunky, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 16

We bought a new home in October and I have been having fatigue, flu like systems, severe headaches, and so has my husband and he has never been sick the time we have been together. I had a huge cyst removed and I have been staying so dizzy and chest pains to the point I have thought someone took a bat to me. Then I realized, in the unit upstairs the duct work is leaking carbon monoxide causing the boards to turn black. I am even having seizures, it was so bad I could not move to even get to a phone. I would not wish this on anyone.

Medically reviewed by Avrom Simon, MD; Board Certified Preventative Medicine with Subspecialty in Occupational Medicine.

CDC.gov. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning FAQs.

Hampson NB. Residential carbon monoxide alarm use: opportunities for poisoning prevention. J Environ Health. 2011 Jan-Feb;73(6):30-3.

Johnson-Arbor, K., et al. A survey of residential carbon monoxide detector utilization among Connecticut Emergency Department patients. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2012 Jun;50(5):384-9.

National Fire Protection Association. Fast Facts About Smoke Alarms and Fire.