Must Read Articles:
Anatomy of the EyeEven though the eye is small, only about 1 inch in diameter, it serves a very important function -- the sense of sight. Vision is by far the most used of the five senses and is one of the primary means that we use to gather information from our surroundings.
Contact LensesContact lenses are miraculous pieces of plastic that allow you to see without glasses. In most cases, contact lenses are used as a substitute for glasses, allowing you to dispense with them in many situations.
Cigarette SmokingCigarette smoking remains the leading cause of death and illness among Americans. Effects of smoking can cause cancers, emphysema, bronchitis, COPD, chronic cough, and more. Smoking cessation includes nicotine replacement therapy and behavioral therapy.
Vision Correction SurgeryVision correction surgery changes the cornea to focus light on the back of the eye without the need for corrective lenses. There are several types of vision correction surgery, including: radial keratotomy (RK), photorefractive keratotomy (PRK), laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK), femtosecond laser-assisted LASIK (iLASIK), laser thermal keratoplasty (LTK), conductive keratoplasty (CK), intracorneal ring segments (ICR), phakic intraocular lens implants, and presbyopic refractive lens exchange (PRELEX). Vision correction surgery can benefit those with myopia, hyperopia , and astigmatism.
Smoking (Cigarette) Cigarette smoking remains the leading cause of death and illness among Americans. Effects of smoking can cause cancers, emphysema, bronchitis, COPD, chronic cough, and more. Smoking cessation includes nicotine replacement therapy and behavioral therapy.
Expert Views and News
- Cataract Risk Highest in Younger Diabetes Patients
- Contacts Better Than Permanent Lenses for Cataract
- Cataract Surgery May Help Prevent Hip Fractures
- Eye Diseases Rising at Rapid Rates in U.S.
- More People -- Even Kids -- Need to Wear Sunglasses
- Macular Degeneration Drug Eylea Approved
- Eye Surgery Improves Mood of Alzheimer's Patients
- Cataract Surgery May Be Safer With Laser
- Vegetarians May Have Lower Risk of Cataracts